Rom Discussion Thread

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I wish I could play Blast Corps again, I loved blowing stuff up in that. But too bad the ROM doesnt work too well, and some of hte levels are a pain in the ass.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
Alright I'm stumped.

What to download.
MarioKart 64
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Diddy Kong Racing
Ogre Battle 64-- This was my favorite game for many months when it first came out

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Hmmm, i also enjoyed these games alot:
NFL Blitz 2001
NBA Hangtime/Jam
Excitbike 64
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Carbon said:
Ogre Battle 64-- This was my favorite game for many months when it first came out
You are going to need a special Video Driver, or else the backgrounds **** up throughout the game. In my opinion, you only need 3 armies for that game! 2 can attack and one stays at the main to defend it from scrubs.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
3?!?! Baaaah! No way, not possible. Not unless both were of uber high level Cerberusus, then yeah, I can see that happening, but it's fun to have lots of different armies. Also, what happens if the one guarding home base is attacked by lots of guys or gets over powered - they get kicked out and boom, game over. That's the one thing I hated about OB64 - can't save in the middle of a fight incase that crap happened.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Which is why you have more than 1 army guarding the base. The only mission I see that is a problem is in the high 30s. You start in a mountian town, and the enemy rushes your ass. Then you would need more than 1 person.

3 is the least, 5 or so is enough for the game.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You could play Quest 64. The Japanese version is way too easy, plus its one of the "keyboard friendly" games for Project 64. But you would need to experiment the spell controls or just master the American version.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If you do get teh Japanese version, be sure to experiment with the spells to make sure you are casting the right ones. I know a few good combos to remember

Wind Fire Wind - Large Cutter (devastates many things later)
Water Earth - Healing (a good way to get MP % outside of battle)
Fire Earth - Power Staff (physical damage fun)

These are a few, but in my opinion Water must be used no matter how you play the game. Since healing can allow you to save your potions and stuff since all you do is use 2 MP to restore some HP.

Then I realized you posted 1 Month earlier :(.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Oh well, at least you now know the coordinates to 3 spells that you can kick ass with.

I myself have ran out of games I want to play on my ZSNES emulator, any good ideas?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I have the first 2, I guess I will give Zombies ate my neighbours a shot.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I don't remember, but I believe F-Zero X is a good game to download, its another one of those keyboard friendly games like Super Mario 64 or Quest 64.