Rom Discussion Thread

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I want someone to play Pokemon G/S. I have a Kadabra I want to evolve (I need to make up for a psychic). I guess I can dl the GBA emulator and play Leaf Green with you or something.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a question, can you play 2 player Secret of Mana on Zsnes via netplay? :(

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
x42bn7 said:
I have a question, can you play 2 player Secret of Mana on Zsnes via netplay? :(
If that game has 2 player, I believe so. I played a couple two player games on Zsnes with a friend in school.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Mario Tennis was way awesome, I can't count how many times I beat my brother and nephew even when they teamed up against me, and they weren't bad players.

Hmm, I don't know if you could play 2 player netplay...worth a try. If so, SoM is prob my 4th fav game I've ever played, so if you ever need someone to test this out...

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I got the Chill song from Limewire, so it's all good...

Anyway, Mario Tennis was awesome to play, but even better on the handheld. I love the theme music of it. Perhaps I'll make a short snip of it (NOT THE ENTIRE SONG).

I also loved WARIO WARE on the gba. It's so random, but once you play it too much, it is fairly easy.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
x42bn7 said:
Obviously, but both players must have the exact same ROM, exact same name of the ROM, and also the Save State must be in a different locaiton.

The thing I love about BGB is that the Code system works with both Game Genie and Gameshark. So I can catch all 150 in say Pokemon, just by typing different codes, and also getting master balls :p.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You know what pissed me off? F-Zero X tweaking. When I had it running on the old Glide64 engine and P64 1.4. It always had black cars and the backgrounds were flashing black too. Then I played around with some settings and fixed that stuff, then I don't remember what I did to stop it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Zelda is much like Pefect Dark and Goldeneye. Your computer needs strong requirements and the game will run fine. Super Mario 64 was the first ROM that I had that worked properly, but using the Keyboard took some practice, also tossing Bowser isnt easy with it either.

Ogre Battle works fine too, except every once in a while, the backgrounds go black. But the battle goes fine and everything. One of the video drivers fixes that for sure.

Venice_native

Premium Member
Reaction score
Goldeneye wasn't too bad on an old school computer, with somthing around 16MB video. Zelda does run horrid on most computers I've played it on though. I havnen't tried Perfect Dark though, I supposed I'll download that next. I did download Super Mario 64, but I had to verify it with Goodroms which is a huge hassle, so I think I'll download a copy of it off a different site.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
IT works fine, I have used it on 1.4 with Glide64 and it was fine. Quest 64 on those specifications ****ed up the game if you used the default video drivers. Brian's hair goes all white, his colours are screwed up, and the texturing is messed. Also most attacks like Fire Ball and Wind Cutter get inverted colours. However, back then Glide64 fixed this. Now with 1.6, that problem is nuked completely.

I dunno bout Perfect Dark working, because I already have in on n64. I got Perfect Dark mode and most of the cheats, I just need to beat WAR! on Perfect Agent.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Episode 1 Racer works and it is one of my most favorite racing games. They have a brilliant system where you car BREAKS down. Why can't modern racers adopt this great idea?