Rock rock and more rock!

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
korn ****ing die u shit head goodcharlotte and avril lavine isnt punk i dont go around saying what rock is i know what punk and i hate people like you just take you and all the people like you off the world.

Beer $lut

Reaction score
a type of music thats different from all the other kinds. Stuff about the government and were not afraid to say things that other people are.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
...good charlotte is always what i considered punk rock and stuff like rancid-it just doesnt feel "whole" to me-u can call punk what u want Beer$slut-i really dont give a f***. music like Metallica and Korn-they just sound more whole to me and bands like linkinpark-they are what i consider just-rock or metal. punk is mostly made up of underground bands-like most of your local bands. as fellow rockers we both have different opinions on what music we like and dislike-in my school we call the younger bands like goodcharlotte and avril and rancid, (rancid is NOT like by ANYONE in our area)we call that that punk rock-or rock that we dont really care for-most of what is played on the "todays best music" stations. stuff like that, you know? call me what u want and tell me what u like, but i like what i like, and u like what u like. we all have different definitions of punk rock.

theRagman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
theragman.50inchvertical.de
I'm really new to punk but I see the problem as being that it's hard to define such a thing. As I said before it's easy with rock. Yeah, there's an accented 2nd/4th beat. That's rock.

You're saying that punk is a genre that's different from all the others? Okay, well that applies to all other genres too. Whether you like pop or not you have to admit that it's different than, say, celtic music. Being different is just a given. And if I really wanted to argue this point I could bring up the fact that punk uses guitar riffs popularized beginning with 50s rock which happened to be based of chord structures that classical composers have been using for centuries. Perhaps it gets the fastness that's usually inherent from bebop jazz. Meaningful lyrics? Folk.

The lyrics don't even really have to be about social issues. Unless you consider NoFX's "Please stop ****ing my mom" a social comment on rape. I find that a lot of NoFX's lyrics aren't about social issues at all. I guess the key is that they're agressive, as radixghost said. But then you could say that genres such as psychopath rock and death metal have agressive lyrics too.

It's really very hard to define which is why I'm always suprised that people have such brightlines drawn between musics.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I never eally said punk is different from all the others-u said it like it was in a bad way. punk just isnt one of my favorite types of rock-me and my friends call bands we dont really care for or the bands who call themselves hardrockers and are little teen bands-the teen bands are usually what we call punk-like avril and gc. stuff like revis or sevendust-i call that rock

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
1. Slayer
2. six feet under
3. cradle of filth
4. strung out
5. Zug Izland

have any of you heard of Zug izland? there a new toxic rock band kinda like NIN, but Violent J of ICP writes all there lyrics

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Korn- Adidas
Korn- Freak on a Leash
Tool- Aenema
Tool- Sober
Tool- Schizm
MSI- ******
MSI- I Hate Jimmy Page
MSI- Kill the Rock
MSI- Tornado
MSI- Tight

Yeah, I'm not very open minded.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
love that song by tool, schizm. before it even gets started-dont start discussing toxic rock,we are already debating over punk rock...
who the hell would make a song called "i hate jimmy page"? led zepplin ruled man(his solo career wasnt AS good, but still ok)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Top Ten

1. AFI - ...But Home Is Nowhere
2. Korn - Everything I've Known
3. Korn - Ya'll Want A Single
4. Korn - Counting On Me
5. Marilyn Manson - Disassociative
6. Hatebreed - This Is Now
7. Three Days Grace - I Hate Everything About You
8. Marilyn Manson - Disassociative
9. Godhead - Pride
10. Epsilon Zero - Hollow

Originally posted by RoaCh Of DisCord
There's out of ten...I could have gone on forever.
-edit-

Orgy - Fiction (Dreams In Digital)

Listen to it, it's not bad..that and blue monday are the only 2 songs by orgy i have ever liked..

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
dood good charlotte, blink, avril, those people/bands are not to be associated with good music. they are too "preppy", too cliche and lack talent.

GC is probably some of the biggest hipocrites ive ever seen (aside from Rush Limbaugh) they act punkish, they look punkish, they try to think punkish. but in reality they are played out sellouts that advocate all that is punk but they sing about shitt like what crap like nickleback would sing.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
You people read way to much into music, lol..

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree with noob_phucker 100%. ive never really could think of a way to describe those bands-preppy is the perfect word. the "preppy" rock bands are what i call punk rock.

BUT i like nickleback....they got some pretty cool songs-u probably havent ever heard more of their "hatred" songs..

~ps-can anyone help with my sig? it not working...

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
time to revise thread. Yay-it is done. NOW-uh....orgy rules-
-eyes-radio-lies
-dreams in digital
-blue monday
-stitches
-um...w/e orgy is cool

Jason