ROC...so 5 minutes ago??

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
WoW=EVIL!!!!!!
But on topic, like everyone is saying, maybe it's easier to play RoC?
I was fighting someone 1 on 1 (TFT) and i killed his hero, he SUDDENLY get's his hero respawned(not reincarnation) and he comes and opwns my base, wtf?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
No...lol...I was just describing how awkward it was listening to a guy shouting random crap while sitting in the living room with my friends and his sister...

I guess all I had to say was the guy was up ALL night playing that game and his sister said that thats all he does...

bottom line...its not a minority...or at least its more than you think...

With like millions of people who play that game daily, no wonder why the minority is going to be large.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
And why are you bitching about something that I said like months ago.
I just assumed it was a recent thread, therefore all the posts within it would be fairly recent.

Also, just because one person dislikes a game doesnt mean you need to snap and have a reason to defend it, Mr. Takes a game a little too seriously.
Pfft, you just have a holier-than-thou attitude because you play WC3 ladder and you hate WoW. You constantly bitch about it like it's a plague, get over it.

And another thing: This thread is about RoC.
So don't bitch about WoW then.

bottom line...its not a minority...or at least its more than you think...
Oh dear, that's like the second friend of yours that plays the game more than he should. Definately not a minority :rolleyes

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Pfft, you just have a holier-than-thou attitude because you play WC3 ladder and you hate WoW. You constantly bitch about it like it's a plague, get over it.
I never explicitly said I hated it myself. I just don't like some things about it, which are minor excuses.

So don't bitch about WoW then.
You were the one who brought it up from that long ago. That post was MONTHS ago.

MingoDynasty

Reaction score
they be two different games. It sounds stupid, since TFT is an expansion pack, but between it the games are insanely different.
Thank you, I love how truthful this guy is. IMO they should call TFT like WarCraft IV or something.

Let's think about what TFT did?
-Change ALL the prices (which in turn destroys any previous build order strategies)
-Change almost ALL the shop items
-Make almost all previous RoC strats no longer work
-Make ranged units (e.g. archers) do much much less damage (some cases, casters can do more damage then archers?)
-Massing units can now very easily win games (e.g. make 20 bears, upgrade their armor, and then attack move into someone's base...)
-Micro is only optional
-Mass expos to easily turn the tide of the game, even with just one
-New heroes plus neutral heroes (battle.net statistics show that these new heroes are all amongst the least used heroes...)
-Probably more (that's about all the stuff I can think of on the top of my head)

The biggest thing I remember from TFT was how inasnely freaking easy it was to mass and win. That 20 bears barely takes any skill and you just go use the bathroom, come back and see that you've won already...
I fail to see how TFT > RoC; can someone plz point it out to me?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
MingoDynasty said:
-Massing units can now very easily win games (e.g. make 20 bears, upgrade their armor, and then attack move into someone's base...)
-Micro is only optional
I lol'ed when I read that.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think he's only played RT...

That's all I do because I'm terrible at WC, but if you try massing bears in a solo game you'll probably lose before you even finish teching your tree.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You will get thrashed far before that. A straight techer would put his wisps on Wood detail while he techs up.

The only thing he would protect himself with would be hunts or archers, and both are considerably easy to kill.

If you strike directly at the guy's wisps, he will be in a bad position when he hits t2. Especially if you sack his Lores a lot.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I love how truthful this guy is. IMO they should call TFT like WarCraft IV or something.

Let's think about what TFT did?
-Change ALL the prices (which in turn destroys any previous build order strategies)
-Change almost ALL the shop items
-Make almost all previous RoC strats no longer work
-Make ranged units (e.g. archers) do much much less damage (some cases, casters can do more damage then archers?)
-Micro is only optional
-Mass expos to easily turn the tide of the game, even with just one
-New heroes plus neutral heroes (battle.net statistics show that these new heroes are all amongst the least used heroes...)
-Probably more (that's about all the stuff I can think of on the top of my head)

The biggest thing I remember from TFT was how inasnely freaking easy it was to mass and win. That 20 bears barely takes any skill and you just go use the bathroom, come back and see that you've won already...
I fail to see how TFT > RoC; can someone plz point it out to me?
Well in RoC, huntress had medium armor...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ROC you could mass casters and since they did piercing, it was as if you had ranged archers or fiends or something.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
They eventually did magic damage when the system got remodded. Also, casters upgraded in damage when you researched thier powers.

A Sorc could do almost 20 damage average on attack, and especially more nasty vs T3 melee or air.