Risk

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone ever play it on UMS... (i know this isnt the UMS section but c'mon) :)

It has totally gotten me back into starcraft... still pretty much suck at melee but this game is sweet. I had all of North and south america, most of euroupe then i was gonna kill off yellow but it turned out blue was helping him. it was a sandwich of death then they both just went up and around and pretty much killed me off.... it was a slow death after that.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That's why i hate risk, i'm not good enough to survive too long, then i just get get owned eventually. So i can't really get into it. I'd prefer to 2v2 someone, i'm not one to be on my own alot.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Haven't played it yet.

I'm seriously waiting forward for thursday, where I finally will be able to log on to b.net :):)

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Risk is alright, but I consider as the gateway to much more complex and better war games: Diplomacy.

Risk can be addictive, but it wears off shortly. I recommend you play the somewhat new Republique map. Its the most popular diplomacy at the moment =P.

I added it as an attachment.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Downloaded. Thanks for uploading it.

And Tronga, my holidays start on Thursday, you up for some Risk then? :)

BOT: With Risk. Is that where you have Zealots, Gateways and Cannons and take over different areas and eventually try and gain control over the whole planet? Or am i thinking of a different game?

Magikarp

Reaction score
Renzokuken: BOT: With Risk. Is that where you have Zealots, Gateways and Cannons and take over different areas and eventually try and gain control over the whole planet? Or am i thinking of a different game?
Yea, thats the most common version on B.net.. there are a few lame ones that no one plays with ghosts N' Stuff.

I prefer the real board game risk :rolleyes .

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I like the real board game, i like it alot. But i don't know 100% of the rules, so sometimes i'm stuck guessing (Like whether artillery or calvalry have more HP or do more dmg than infantry) and can't be bothered to read the instructions. And my family hates it, so it's in my cupboard gathering dust....*sigh*

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renzokuken
Downloaded. Thanks for uploading it.

And Tronga, my holidays start on Thursday, you up for some Risk then? :)

BOT: With Risk. Is that where you have Zealots, Gateways and Cannons and take over different areas and eventually try and gain control over the whole planet? Or am i thinking of a different game?
After all only wednesday night (mine), but I'll own yer ass then:)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you add my new account, Tronga.

BlackOrchid)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
my break starts Thursday an i could play Wed too can i join :(

Magikarp

Reaction score
Thats tommorrow for me.. you guys live in the East right? I go by Pacific time.. so.. how many hours ahead is East time?

Magikarp

Reaction score
Alton: Could you put the map up for download?
PffT.. I dont have it, I reformatted recently. MeH, its hosted a lot on B.net, if you want to get some practice, I dont think you'll have any trouble finding it ;).

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I guess we will all be on B.NET on Thursday then, because now (Wed) no one is online. And it'd be fun for our SC community to game alot on B.NET :)

Remember to add your nicknames and gateways in the sticky. Oh and it wouldn't hurt to add your contact details, like email addresses and AIM screen names etc.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
there are alot of versions of risk out there... some have no beacons some do some have cards some dont.( at least i think some dont) anyway here is one of the many versions.

PS: i am not totally sure which version that is.