Rising of the slaves.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Fine, fine. I'll just **** this dude up and be done with it. Due to reasons I already discussed with Mike on MSN, Frozenfang remains at his command...don't want to waste space in this post explaining it all. And I'm going to take liberties with details you neglected.))

Vadriel sneered at the great beast before him. So what if the insipid fool of an imp wished to challenge him? Nothing could stand before he, The Thrice-Damned!

Pleased to discover that although transmuted to his most loathed form he retained his previous attire, Vadriel brushed off a speck of dirt from his hellish ornamental armor and grinned.

Contrary to the imp's misguided assumption that Frozenfang was powered by Vadriel's own otherworldly abilities, the phantom blade flowed down his arm and manifested as a large scimitar in his hand.

The Toorq snarled and flexed his massive muscles. Vadriel took a deceptively nonchalant stance and rolled his eyes. The bigger they are...

The Toorq whipped out a pair of large daggers, each as long as Vadriel's forearm, and charged. Vadriel snorted. Such careless brutality.

The (former?) Fallen Angel lashed out with Frozenfang, the scimitar extending into a razor-edged chain that curled around the beast's left wrist, scratching deep furrows into the demon's armor and wrapping around the dagger.

Vadriel yanked the spectral chain back, wrenching the dagger from the Toorq's hand and drawing it back into his own free hand. The dagger was large and heavy, the size of a small sword to him, but the enhanced strength that Mxy had so "graciously" allowed him to retain allowed him to wield the weapon with little effort.

The Toorq snarled, drew another dagger, and charged again. The blades of his weapons whistled through the still, hellish air of Mxy's realm as they descended at Vadriel, but the smaller fighter whipped Frozenfang back up into an arc that wrapped around both blades, fouling them up and tangling them together, before ripping them from the beast's grasp and well.

Vadriel lashed out, whipping the stolen blades up at the Toorq's face, who managed to deflect them with a raised arm, but snarled as one of them found a chink in his armor and cut into his forearm's tough flesh. The beast enraged even further, he grabbed another pair of daggers from his seemingly endless supply and barreled forward at Vadriel, who rolled to the side as the knives buried themselves in the ground where he had stood a split second earlier.

Again, the Fallen sent his shadowblade out at the opponent, this time curling it about the mammoth's right leg, upon which all the great beast's weight was balanced, and heaved it straight out from under him, the titan crashing down to the ground with a thud that could surely be heard back in his own world.

Vadriel jumped up onto the beast's back, and Frozenfang fragmented into four chains, the tips razor spikes like churchyard spires, and buried one through each of the beast's extremities, piercing even the armor with its keen, frigid edge and pinning the animal to the ground.

Dropping Frozenfang, where it contracted and grew tight against the demon, forcing it down to lay flat upon the ground, Vadriel walked up to stand at the base of the behemoth's neck. Wedging the dagger he had stolen from the hellish warrior into the seam between the goliath's helm and body armor, he popped the war helmet loose and wrenched it off, exposing the bald and ugly skull of the beast.

Throwing the dagger aside, Vadriel took hold of the beast's great horns with both hands, and exerted every ounce of strength left to him in twisting the great leviathan's head completely around, snapping its spinal column and killing it instantly.

Vadriel placed his hands on the cheeks of the rabid monster and watched the life leave its eyes before standing up.

Flicking a speck of blood off of his shoulderplate, he looked up at the sky of Mxy's world. Holding his arms out to the darkness, he yelled to the little imp, who was doubtlessly observing:

"What now, Otherworlder? You wish to test me? Did I pass your little trial? Come, let the games be finished...restore me to my rightful state and place so that I may continue my quest to assume the power of God the Almighty! My affairs are of no concern to one as obviously powerful as thee...I desire only what is my birthright...dominion over the worlds of men. I have no quarrel with thee..."

((There. Happy?))

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
One would do well to not tempt me, fool human. You've quite a ways to go before I shall restore your full power. And you cheat! You cheat yes you do! But this time, your precious weapon will not be there to save you.

A flash of smoke appears before Vadriel. Mxy comes into view, with a devilish grin on his face freezing Vadriel where he stands. He looks deep into the now human eyes, into his mind and finds what little remains of his power.

Ahh, yes. Here we are...

With an arm outstretched to Vadriels stomach, Mxy starts to pull. Vadriel screams of pain would deften a lesser man, as what can only be described as a shadowy substance is sucked from him completely.

So this is the true power of Frozenfang is it not? Such an odd weapon indeed. A living symbiote that manifests at the hosts command...This might come in use in the near future. As for you, Vadriel, you'll do well to know that I shall spare your life this eve.

Mxy stares into Vadriels soul, and speaks a command few words. Vadriel's skin tone suddenly flares an icy blue, then a hellfireish red before finally going back to the normal.

You may have your command over Ice and Fire back, but this... Mxy looks at the now ball of darkness that once was Frozenfang. ...This I shall hold onto for a while longer.

With a flash of light, they were all transported back to where they were, previous to ever meeting Mxy. With little knowledge of what had actually happened, the adventurers set off once again.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos sensed something extraordinary had happened but had no idea what. He set off into the darkness. Vandror walked senselessly around, and found a door. Vandror opened it, and something flung him across the room, smashing down the stone wall. Vandror vanished, dead. Skandos stumbled back and he too was thrown backwards. Skandos created Vandror again, who cushioned his flight.

The amount of power beyond that door was incredible! Skandos had the feeling that several creatures would be attracted to it. Worried that someone would take all of it before he could find out why it was there, Skandos gathered some of his strength and walked straight into the room again, stepping heavily to prevent being flung back. Like a searing, buffeting wind, it scorched Skandos's skin but Skandos proceeded anyway.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vadriel was rather displeased. Frozenfang had served him well over the millenia, but alas, any tool could be broken. For now, there were other matters with which to attend.

The single thing that angered Vadriel the most was the robbery over his command of the Darkness. His power over shadow had always been fueled by the evil within his own soul...and without it he felt...empty...

The hole created by the missing part of himself quickly filled with rage, and unbidden the fires of Hell erupted around him, covering his body and dancing across the walls of the room he was in, leaving charred paths of blackened stone where they passed.

He calmed himself, and the flames died down. As he inwardly seethed with rage, another fury swept over him, a bitter determination to kill everything in his way. Ice began to form on the floor around him, spreading out until most of the room had frozen, and the frost-fog crept up and filled the chamber.

Vadriel struggled to command his abilities...the inner balance he had possessed once was nearly lost...the darkness had been his point of stability, the fulcrum upon which his power was carefully balanced. Without it, his power may have lost some of its focus, becoming more raw and untamed. He would have to be careful to keep his power from raging out of control.

Vadriel looked down at his armor, the armor of a Fallen of the Darkness, and disgust filled him. No...man...was worthy to wear it. He ripped it off and tossed it in a heap on the ground. Looking into a reflective sheet of ice at himself, his bile rose at the pathetic being he had become. A mere mortal, his most hated enemy...Mxy's little joke was all too painful.

Reclothing himself in a massive spiked battle armor of pure ice, and creating phoenix-like wings of hellish flame, Vadriel did what he could to salvage his appearance. So he no longer possessed his command over darkness...so what? He was still the greatest cryomancer and pyromancer this human's world had ever seen.

Blasting a hole in the nearest wall with a concentrated ball of white-hot flame, Vadriel began stalking in the direction of Skandos's last known whereabouts. Behind him, knee-high flames danced up from his footprints, and beneath them a sheet of frost crept out to chill the stone floor and create tiny stalagmites of ice.

This world had seen Vadriel reborn...and his rage would see it destroyed...as soon as the little "quest" laid out by Skandos was completed.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos wandered deeper into the searing winds of the room. He sensed Vandror weakening, and Vandror was shielding Skandos from nearly all of the damage. Skandos made to turn back but the wind turned on him too - almost as if he was trapped in oil.

Skandos, weary, kept going and he could feel his skin begin to blister. Eventually, Vandror met a door and opened it - and immediately Skandos dived in and shut it. The winds no longer attacked him in this room, but he was weakened, bleeding and felt sick. He had never encountered a place where power was totally unabsorbable - which made him wonder what was deeper.

From the depths of the room, Skandos smelt a horrible smell and realised this was the toilet for something - a huge thing. The smell was disgusting and Skandos wretched.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
As Skandos vomited, a cold mist began to creep up around him, and the nearest wall began to sprout a light frost that spread out to cover a circle on the wall about 15 feet in diameter.

Suddenly, the wall simply wasn't there. In an explosion of flame, chunks of frozen stone just flew apart and shattered on the rock floor. Vadriel stepped through the smoking hole, his wings blazing and his hands encased in fire, an aura of icy air surrounding him.

"Hello, Skandos. Miss me?"

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos wretches away from Vadriel, the vomit narrowly missing him.

"You left Balthizar?" Skandos asked.

Skandos noticed Vadriel's attire looked different and he looked a lot more different. Still as dangerous but a lot more untamed. Skandos didn't seem too perturbed - appearances counted for nothing much in his world.

"The storm out there is vicious. I think I know where we got our weird powers from."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
"Heh. I don't know where you got yours from, but I've had mine for most of my life. As for Balthizar, I lost track of him. Let him fend for himself...he retains his full strength..."

A bit of resentment at his loss turned the last part of Vadriel's statement bitter. The smoldering edges of the hole from which he had entered flared up slightly, and more stone drifted away as soot on the breeze.

Wait. Why was there a breeze?

Vadriel looked around.

"Skandos, what is this place? It smells repulsive..."

((Considering he's technically an angel, and angels don't DO that, Vadriel is unaware of the concept of defecation, or toilets.))

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
"Humans eat food, and what comes in must come out," Skandos said, swallowing hard. "And it comes out like this."

Skandos clearly didn't want to stay in the latrine any more than walking through a brutal wind, but this place was disgusting. He could well catch a disease here - and Vadriel too - who knew if immune systems existed where he came from?

"I am getting out of here," Skandos said moving to the door. "Are you coming?"

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vadriel nodded, his now human face turning nearly as green as his earlier form. This place was wretched. He created a small atmospheric burn to clear the air around his head, and followed Skandos. Thinking a little more intelligently, he chilled the air in the giant toilet, causing the particles in the air that were the cause of the horrible smell to slow their movement, and sink to the ground where they would not result in the foul odor that plagued this place.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar wakes up with a terrible headache, he trys to remember what happened, he got seperated from Vadriel, and....that's all he can muster. He trys to look around but finds that he has been blind-folded. He stupidly yells out, "Who the hell did this!?" he is responded with a quick slap to the cheek. A deep voice firmly tells him, "We will do the questioning here, freak." the last comment almost sent Balthizar into a homicidal rage, but decides to keep his cool, best to act weak and catch them off-gaurd.

But Balthizar still needs to find a way to escape first, and find out where he is at the least.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Vandror opened the door and the searing wind struck them once again. Skandos struggled back - and eventually pushed on. This was awful - he had no idea where he was going and why - and his mind became less focused as he thought.*

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vadriel followed a distance behind Skandos, wrapped up in his own thoughts. The gales had played havoc with his fiery wings, so he had extinguished the flames in favor of shardlike ice replicas instead. With them folded across his back, he stalked onwards, thinking about his current state, and what to make of it.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar thinks to himself, I wonder what Skandos and Vadriel are doing. Those little mental messages that skandos sends would come in handy right about now....

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The winds became stronger as Skandos progresses and he felt as if his entire body was being shorn of life. He began to lapse into unconsciousness until Vandror finds a corridor with a door at the end. Vandror picks up Skandos and begins to amble towards it, before opening the door.

Skandos thought of how Balthizar was going to find them for it was going to be hard to get a message to him. As Vandror opened the door, Skandos gave Vandror a mental message. "Go and find Balthizar," Skandos ordered. Vandror let him down in the dark room and went back. He was kind enough to block the winds from hurting Vadriel as he moved towards the door too.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Vadriel walked through the entry, and slammed the door shut. Without being called, flames danced out from his hand and swept over the door, and within seconds it was reduced to smoldering embers, the wind pouring through into the new chamber. Vadriel grunted and froze the doorway shut with a massive block of ice.

He turned to Skandos, who didn't look too well.

"You okay?"

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Skandos struggled to his feet and coughed. "Those winds are destructive to my form," he muttered. "They appear to absorb power and make itself stronger."

Skandos lit up the room and a corridor led down some stairs, with a faint clunking sound able to be heard.