Riot Shields are overpowered

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont genrally see many sheilds when i play, when i do i just keep moving and look for parts sticking out.

war3man

Premium Member
Reaction score
One idea they should put is that they hav hp.. so it can get damaged. once its all damaged up then u can start killing them.. thatll be kool

edit**

people can juss make a barricade to annoy the hell out of the other team.. lol.. make a human shield!

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
The bad thing about the shields in my eyes is that the Terrorists were never given anything to balance it out. The CTs have one extra item that the Terrorists don't. It just doesn't make any sense.

In any case... the shields aren't going to be in CS Source.

Demon Child

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Zerogamers.com
I cant Stand Sheilds at all but i still Awp them down usually with a HS, but none the less still cant stand em, what do you guys do to kill them?

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
The shield hitboxes were just fixed, so this shouldn't be a huge issue now. They're supposedly much more accurate, so if you shoot at a player's foot you'll actually hit it.

I always wait until I'm in his face and then I start strafing around him in circles. It's impossible for him to block from it and because he has a pistol he has a hard time hurting you.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what a lot of people dont know is that a shielded player is fully vulnerable from all directions in the time in which he switches to a weapon or switched from weapon to weapon. this is only a short time span, but still it can easily be used to your advantage

the_battousai0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol just because he has a shield doesnt mean all he has is a pistol though, if i have a shield i also have mp5, m4 and deagle, loving te shield glitch =)

Diniano

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the machinegun should be able to shoot through the sheild.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Korittke
what a lot of people dont know is that a shielded player is fully vulnerable from all directions in the time in which he switches to a weapon or switched from weapon to weapon. this is only a short time span, but still it can easily be used to your advantage
But they never seem to change weapon.....

Hang around, wait until opponent is reloading, then out comes the pistol.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
learn to aim to the side of the shield or below the shield (where their legs are)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
x42bn6 said:
There is nothing better than having your whole team killed because you can't hit the Counter-terrorists due to shields. Goddamn.
Yeah, I find that annoying. Unless you manage to shoot from an angle and hit him in the side or behind, then they can be very overpowering.

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dude I've gotten 20-0 using a shield. It's so easy. As long as you're not alone and you have backup you shouldn't ever die.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
wtf sheilders are gay and suck, look like you are all cal-nubs

ChrisH36

Reaction score
EAT GRENADE OR SIDE SHOTS FOOLS! The easiest way to take down these people.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NOOOOBS Shoot them in the feet if they are standing, or if they crouch their butt hangs out the side. I love making shield whores cry when they can't figure out how I killed them.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
MardoXide said:
yeah umm shoot there feet.
It would take an AWP or a couple of Rifle shots to take down a shielded unit in the foot.