Revolution controller

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i miss when i would go to recess in 2nd grade and kids would be jus fine with there gameboys b&w. what has this world become?

sayurimi

Member!
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
Exactly. I mean, the days of when I could play Super Mario World for hours on end, but I can't stand any new games for more than a few minutes.

Sad times.

yeah! Tetris and Super Mario are classic! those were enough for me during those days.

sayurimi

Member!
Reaction score
you're right! still enough for me too! only, it's human nature to want more, something different. we have this insatiable hunger for power and knowledge. we never get contented with what we have, that's why we get advanced and never remain the same.

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
pan said:
Gameboy isn't Black and white, it oddly enough is a black and green LCD
hes accually right...:-/ now that i think of it.

yup.

btw that qj site, are all those games rumors, or announced?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
That game looks impressive for one from the next-generation system with the lowest graphics capabilities :rolleyes Obviously, Nintendo was right when they said graphics were at a saturation point. I like some of the stuff I read up on the game, and I do hope to see it out for the Revolution.
Graphics have reached a saturation point? :-/

Graphics isn't the only thing that improves from better hardware.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The fact is that games can look movie-like in terms of realism, even on the PlayStation 2, the weakest of the 2000-generation systems. Therefore, the weekest of the 2005-generation systems (the Nintendo Revolution) can certainly handle movie-like realism.

The problem is that power seems to be the focus now. That means that most of the specs seem to revolve around how many pixels and polygons you can fit into a single frame of gameplay. We are talking about increasing the production price of games by forcing companies to hire ever larger growing teams of staff, at an exponential rate that seems to be sacrificing excellent and driving story or quality for the prettiest game on the market, the wrong sacrifice to make.

Graphics are at a saturation point. The hardware giants need to take a step back and look at where they are going. They make these ultra-multimedia machines that, in the end, do too much. What ever happened to a console that did gaming right? I truely hope Nintendo's innovation sparks the market. I hope the Revolution causes much needed revitalization. I hope that Nintendo can do again what it did twenty years ago, save a stagnating industry.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course you'll believe it's at a saturation point, because Nintendo says it is >_> Early demos/trailers from Gears of War and MGS4 already look fantastic and movie like but those are just from beta kits and are only first gen games, And they still have room for improvement, which is something the devs themselves claim.

But having more realistic graphics isn't the only thing developers will achieve from having more powerful hardware. AI, Physics, HDR, bloom, ragdolls, havaing a huge, breathing world with tons of characters in screen at once, etc all add to a more fun gaming experience. DMC3 for example, the PS2 couldn't handle on the fly style switching because of the limitations of the PS2 hardware. with better hardware not only can they have better graphics but implement other ideas that they couldn't achieve before. And every generation requires an additional # of people in their staff and increase in production costs, obviously.

Why do you believe the industry is falling and needs rejuvination? Every console relased this gen and the last did nothing wrong to the gaming industry. Infact, it has grown into a much larger business since Microsoft and Sony came in the market. Believe what you will or whatever Nintendo tells you to believe but this generation was one of the best gens for gaming. Online console gaming is close to becoming mainstream thanks to xbox live and DC's online, even Nintendo is getting serious about online, the excellent 3rd party titles and 1st party games that MS, Sony and Ninty put out, all played using a regualar controller. You can argue all you want that games are getting boring but in reality they're just as fun as the snes/genesis era. Only those in denial are going to believe that. I mean surely you had fun with all those 1st party GC titles right?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
My oh my, i'm not insulting anybody, roffles.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
ReiGn said:
Of course you'll believe it's at a saturation point, because Nintendo says it is
I stopped reading there. An arguement starting thus is beyond reasoning.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
Obviously, Nintendo was right when they said graphics were at a saturation point.
:rolleyes:

Who am i kidding, of course they're right, Nintendo is never wrong. :(

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Did I say that? No. You're putting words in my mouth based on ignorance of my thought patterns and plain tending to be a Sony posterboy.

Let me clean up that sentance for people who can't read between the lines.

"In the end, Nintendo seems to have been proven right by the visual look of games based on looking at the 'lowest end' graphics in the industry in that graphics have reached a 'saturation point'."

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed already, i'm not a Sony posterboy or whatever you like to call me. It's just that unlike you Ninty fans i don't believe everything Nintendo says, that's all.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
bamthedoc said:
If you're just going to insult, keep your ignorant yap shut.
*yawn* Next, please?