Revolution controller

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
from what ive seen, im impressed, i luv it, wat do youu guys think?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I need to the see games in action first before i judge.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I agree that seeing is believing, but, from what I've read and seen (gotta love Nintendo.com), I'm really starting to like it. The fact that Nintendo, once again, didn't reveal the equipment until after they tested it with a test group is a good start.

I don't know how it will work from personal experiance, but there are far too many positive reviews from game manufacturers to turn a blind eye to. IGN, of all sites, is actually being pro-Revolution o_O; It's almost scary enough to ask if Satan is wearing a wintercoat or something :ninja:

Personally, I like the direction. It feels more like you'd 'get into' the game rather than 'watch' it. I can just imagine Legend of Zelda where you swinging the controller is Link swinging his sword. A football game where an over-the-shoulder action is equivelant to a quarterback passing the ball. Imagine beating on drums with two controllers acting as drumsticks.

I'm having a hard time finding anything negative with the move short of the fact that it's new. It's not something that anybody is used to, so there are many turning their noses up at it inciting that it'll be hard/impossible to use. I, however, like something Nintendo has said about it. It gives everybody equal starting ground. It gives those new to gaming or old, hardcore fans something to grow in to.

At the same time, Nintendo is pushing the 'aim at all possible audiences' approach which is something that, at least seemingly, has been abandoned by other companies. The promo video at Nintendo.com is an excellent example of that. An elderly man, persumibly the grandpa, and a young boy, presumibly the grandson, are 'fishing' together. The grandpa catches a fish and 'over-reacts' by falling backwards.

Actually, I'd recommend watching the videos in the Revolution section at Nintendo.com just to see some concepts. They show how FPS, Mario, Zelda, and a plethera of other categories would be done.

:ninja: Anyway... I talked enough o_O;

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I personally think it's going to flop. It seems like they wanted to get that "shock and awe" feel for it, but once that hits and is done with, theres not much left.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I just want a new spiffy controller with buttons :-/

I noticed on Nintendo.com something that almost looked like a remote but didn't view any functionality specs, and if it seems how Bam put it, I'm really not going to like it.

When I play Legend of Zelda, I want a button to swing the sword, not me swinging my arm. Sounds too much like work when I'm trying to play a video game. I'm in it for the storyline and gameplay, not excersize.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
It'll either be a huge success and everyone will love it, or it will suck total ass. I wan't to get it though, I've always gotten the Nintendo systems first, I would just like to see some of the games before I make a final decision. I expect to be seeing some commercials pretty soon.

I hope there will be a great shooter, that could take full advantage of the point-shoot style technology. Imagine playing a fps with a bunch of people online, everyone using a gun-like remote, I bet it would be better than halo (as long as the game doesn't suck ass).

Right now, the only thing that is straying me away from the Revolution is the games. They do say you can download all the N64, SNES and the NES games, which would be pretty sweet. Goldeneye anyone?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Minor tweaks would allow Goldeneye to be online playable =/ especially with Nintendo's free Gamespy servers and online play.

If you wanted to be embarrased, you only needed to ask :rolleyes

The simple way to do it would be to use the Warp Pipe Project's idea of fooling the hardware into believing that the proper utilities are (in use/available).

You want to do it the hard way.

Either way will involve new programming. The first way (aka: easy) requires something akin to a patch program. The first way (aka: idiot's hard) requires pulling programing code and reworking an entire dialouge to fit new routines that were not available previously.

Tweaks? Yes. Minor? That requires the answer to the next question. Are the tools/utilities available? Yes.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Revblade says he's interested in the controller, because it opens new gameplay styles, but he says buying more for multiplayer would be expensive. He's such a cool guy.

_JaKE

Reaction score
considering your saving 200 dollars for buying revelution not ps3 or xbox 360
the price of even 3 more controllers is less money

Biske

Reaction score
Just do what they do with their camera displays - put a long enough tether on it that gives you enough space to test it out and look at it but not walk away with it.

_JaKE

Reaction score
wat u mean...in bestbuy they let you test the xbox 360 with a cordless controller...so...ya. they have cameras and shit, it no big deal.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I just want a damn game system, not some multimedia box which does everything but play games and costs 900 dollars.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That game looks impressive for one from the next-generation system with the lowest graphics capabilities :rolleyes Obviously, Nintendo was right when they said graphics were at a saturation point. I like some of the stuff I read up on the game, and I do hope to see it out for the Revolution.