Remove the Asylum post requirement.

Remove the Asylum post requirement?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Before it had the highest guest views and most activity. I know it doesn't block out most members, but it does stop potential new members of viewing inside which if they like the premise and ideas of it they may be inclined to join. Everytime The Asylum takes a blow like this - being closed down or post req'ed it always decreases in traffic. Hopefully it can recover from this.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Voted yes. The Asylum is one place people love to mess with, but time and time again it's been shown that it's the one place people shouldn't mess with.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I voted yes.

There were a few interesting topic names that I wish I could read.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I voted no. I like the minimum post requirement for the Asylum. If the only reason people are signing up for Battleforums is to start trouble in the Asylum, they're not exactly the kinds of people we need here.

Too many "noobies" find themselves in the Asylum and start getting flamed. This results in a lot of people getting tired of BF and leaving. I think we should keep how freaking rude and inhuman our members can be from affecting the new guys for as long as possible...the Asylum is shameful and embarassing, and it's no place for new people.

In addition to this though, the forum description that IS visible to new members should be very clear as to what the Asylum is, so it doesn't become some intriguing "hey I wonder what's in there, I can't wait for 150 posts so I can see what's in that special forum." Make it clear that it's a no-holds-barred pit of obscenity and anger...that the only reason it's not available to everyone is so that you'll have some time to get to know the people around you before they suddenly start flaming the everloving **** out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.