Remember when I said I rapped and was lead vox in a rock band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
We got it worked out where we (LBS) get 75% of the entrence fee (10$ a head over 21, 15$ a head under) and 50% of the liqour tab that people buy from the time our lineup starts, to the time our lineup ends -- so roughly about 4 hours -- assuming they at least double their sales of alcohol in said 4 hours. Then we trickle it down to all the other bands, depending on how much we make its normally around 5-10% per band of the total that we get, so 2.5-5% of the total brought in.

After all thats said and done, heres my stack;

[image does not exist]
[image does not exist]

It's ok to hate me because I'm awesome. I would too. BTW, that's just a bit over 3grand. For a 45 minute set. Life doesn't get much sweeter than this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
is dat there some new fifties?

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
That's kind of ridiculous for a four hour gig, but good job.

Got any videos of you guys performing?

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
hey man, you should spot me that dime...

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
dude use that money to buy a new desk or some lysol or something.....damn nasty

Zmoney

Reaction score
looks like the work bench in my shed in my back yard.

Zmoney

Reaction score
And if you really wanna impress us you should take like 1 million in singles from your bank account and spread that out on the floor. That would be sweet ****.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
and wtf is with the candle melted wax....preforming rituals now or something...and nice job using the lighter to cover that #.

Too bad i could make a stop at the bank and replace all those 50's with benjamins and make you look like an idiot.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
dude use that money to buy a new desk or some lysol or something.....damn nasty
cant, hes saving for lypo + hair transplant...it costs a fortune uknow

3 grand in a 4 hour shift (unless your literally a famous band) sounds a bit rediculous, is that your bands cut or yours? either way, sounds a bit off charts

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
1) The desk is 9 years old, and I use it for hours on end each day, I'm getting a new one, but I still got this one for nostolgic reasons.

2) It's not candel wax, it's caps from water bottles, and hte black thing is the ink part of a pen that I burned.

3) The cover up of the number was 100% coincidential, though if it wasnt there I woulda put something over it.

4)Theres no videos of us performing yet, but we're playing this supposivly big gathering March 1st and we're gonna try and get a video of that. However, we do have some pretty retarded videos on our myspace.

5) Glowpole, do it. Put up or shut up. I honestly doubt that you have that kinda cash to pull out of your bank and just walk around with like it doesn't really matter. And do keep in mind, that this was from an hour of performing. Instead of weeks of working like yours is likely from. Buy hey, prove me wrong.

6) If you work the numbers out, it's really not that much money compared to the amoutn of people that it pulls in. Bar people know, if it's not a special or happy hour, drinks are like 3-10$ a piece. With ~350 people showing up (with 6 performing acts, thats about 60 people per act, with us pulling in more like 100-130 and the early acts pulling in like 35-45. ~$4000% comes in from the head charge, and if we're getting 75% of that, its what like 3000 right there. If each person buys two drinks (hahaha, yeah right a good amount were drunk as ****), at 5$ a piece its another 3500$, so you can see it's not too far off with how much I ended up making.

7) Lypo and hair transplant? yeah right. I'm 100% content with the way I look, so why would I?

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
3 grand for one set ehh, but making megabucks from that sort of thing aint not as impossible as it sounds. i use to earn a fair bit just for backing up second dj and helping out in small venues..

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
See, people that actually have been in this biz that arn't just some 16 year old emo scrub band know that you can pull in some crazy money if you get the right connects.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Do you consistently get gigs like that?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yes and no.

See, we could play shows there every night, but not able to have all the other bands there, and not have all our people there, and they wouldn't be spending as much fliff.

But if we do it like once every month, we can pull that much in.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Light work, I make that **** in a minute on FLatbush na mean?

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry mike I don't work for my money....I got inheritance :p.

But seriously not trying to diss or anything but is that all your or is it a cut between your click?

either way its a start

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
imo, you and your group sucks.
tho offensive, very true.
did they run out of high school bands, or are they not old enough?

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
local bar superstar!@!@!@!@!@!@! yeaaa whoooooo take off your shirt mike!!! er wait put shirt back on mike!@!@

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
imo, you and your group sucks.
tho offensive, very true.
did they run out of high school bands, or are they not old enough?
My group is focused towards people that enjoy getting drunk all the time, and getting stoned. So....

Status
Not open for further replies.