Recomend a first character with newb with no gear?

iownthefrench

Member!
Reaction score
fire sorc, if you manage to find those noobs that talk shit all the time and don't have resists... your fireball will kill in 1 hit every time. it happens more than youd think, but no, this is not a dueling char. I'd make the fb sorc and then make a dueling char. personal opinion.

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
u smart ass...u dont use orb only lmfao u use orb+ice bolt + mastery +Thunderstorm+ thundermastery .................. .,,, like that u can have 2 elements .... and can duel!

rkiga

Reaction score
i like how all i did was ask questions and got called a smart ass from some troll:
*rkiga said:
also, there are also some guides that ditch ice bolt syn for points into TS or whatever, should i do this since i'm going to be mostly PvM, with some PvP to keep me un-bored until i can make my next char? or would this just make me less viable in PvP and PvM aswell? i should just pump ice bolt and skip those ice immune mobs?
*Turok said:
u smart ass...u dont use orb only lmfao u use orb+ice bolt + mastery +Thunderstorm+ thundermastery .................. .,,, like that u can have 2 elements .... and can duel!
what about warmth? i have no gear, so little mana. should i pump energy in your opinion? that would mean less vit, less life, more dying, and sucking at dueling, wouldn't it?

ok so orb+ice bolt + mastery +Thunderstorm+ thundermastery is five skills + prereqs so you obviously dont mean to max all of those skills. forgive my ignorance, but why it so important that i have two elements? ya ok so there are some cold enhanced mobs that take little cold dmg, isn't that why i just static them down / have merc or partner kill / teleport and kill something else instead? why should i sacrifice specializing in one thing for being mediocre in two? wouldn't it be faster leveling to be really good at killing most of the things and skipping those few that i'm not? isn't that one of the strong points of having sorc with teleport and fast cast, to get to whatever it is you want to kill?

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok. Listen to me, don't do that. That build won't do very well. Also, there is no excuse for throwing about 40 points into thunderstorm damage. If you're making a sorc and want it to be strong, the only way is to go single element which means putting up with immunes in hell.

Since you're saying this is a first char, i'm assuming some magic finding is in order. Fire sorces work good for meph, but for everything else you're gonna want a blizzard sorc. Lightning is decent too, but it's more a PVP type build.

Mercs CAN be a good tool vs immunes but don't rely on them, they die often even with godly gear.

Overall, a sorc is a decent first char that can do good damage with next to nothing. You won't get that from a melee char. The only other option i'd look at is a summoner necro which can be very fun, and since the summons do the work limited gear is fine.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
WildfireFX said:
Ok. Listen to me, don't do that. That build won't do very well. Also, there is no excuse for throwing about 40 points into thunderstorm damage. If you're making a sorc and want it to be strong, the only way is to go single element which means putting up with immunes in hell.

Since you're saying this is a first char, i'm assuming some magic finding is in order. Fire sorces work good for meph, but for everything else you're gonna want a blizzard sorc. Lightning is decent too, but it's more a PVP type build.

Mercs CAN be a good tool vs immunes but don't rely on them, they die often even with godly gear.

Overall, a sorc is a decent first char that can do good damage with next to nothing. You won't get that from a melee char. The only other option i'd look at is a summoner necro which can be very fun, and since the summons do the work limited gear is fine.
I completely agree go with a Blizzard sorc, or go with a summon necro. If this is your first character stay away from melee.

Summon skele 20
Summon mage 20
Summon Clay golem 5
summon mastery 20
summon resist 20
put 1 into all curses and maybe 1 into poison nova
This should be an ok build for one
For a base gear whatever you can were really.

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's the one thing I hate about diablo. You can have insane skills at dueling but if your gear sucks, someone that ebays can kill you.

Anyways, my summoner varies slightly.

-20 skels.. these dudes are your main force.
-20 mastery
-Max Mages/Revives (your choice here. people here on battleforums hate maxed revives, but in my experiance they own. i wouldn't make a summoner w/o em but that's just me. mages suck but they add to the denseness of your army.)
-20 bone wall (for bone armor)

1 point in: bone armor, summon resists.

The reason you max bone wall is to exploit the marrow walk bug when you eventually get those boots. :)

iownthefrench

Member!
Reaction score
c9h13no3 said:
Don't duel until you've at least got your gear. Dueling is mostly a rich man's sport.
Stated all too true. Even shit like a BoTD alone doesn't cut it anymore...

rkiga

Reaction score
ok i've made an ice sorc, put 20 into warmth already to combat my low mana as a result of no gear... ok maybe shouldnt' have done it but i'm lvl 31 atm.
one point into bliz and one in orbs, and dont know what to do... leaning towards bliz now but not sure what to do, i guess i'll just save my points for the next 19 levels and figure it out then =p

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
rkiga said:
ok i've made an ice sorc, put 20 into warmth already to combat my low mana as a result of no gear... ok maybe shouldnt' have done it but i'm lvl 31 atm.
one point into bliz and one in orbs, and dont know what to do... leaning towards bliz now but not sure what to do, i guess i'll just save my points for the next 19 levels and figure it out then =p

Well, since you have done all that already, play around with the skills you have and, find which one works best for your playing style. I suggest at least 1 point into a cold armor. Once again that depends on your playing style.

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rkiga... to answer that question... since u want a descent char u MUST have 2 elements for immunes.... but in my opinion, it would be just better to use a fire sorc with either ice or lightening, i cant explain it well because.. hell im just no good at sorces, but i have a basic understanding of them

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok i've made an ice sorc, put 20 into warmth already to combat my low mana as a result of no gear
If you absolutely KNOW that mana will be an issue, don't add to warmth, add about 100 to energy instead, that way you don;t have to sacrifice damage. Keep in mind mana pots may now also be purchased.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Just a note: A sorc is a good first char so you can mf and get gear eventually, but if I were to answer your question assuming that wasn't a factor then I would say a summon necro. You can play with those bitches naked. ^_^;

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
VizjereiMage said:
You can play with those bitches naked. ^_^;

OOOOHHH!!!! you said bitches.........I'm telling. Moderator he said bitches! Joke!

Ok enough of that, I completely agree, plus their not to bad with the magic find as well. Give a summoner merc good MF% and as well as he necro. Let the merc do the work. My first character was a necro they seemed the easiest to do, all I had to do was sit back and watch the carnage.

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Rebuild your sorc, and actually plan her out this time rather than just winging it. And do the planning here in this thread.