REAL DISCUSSION TIME - Fast Teching, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Strategy Guides' started by ChrisH36, Apr 1, 2005.

1. LuNa[eP]

LuNa[eP] Member!

Brazil
    lizard, teching can be good in solo and team games. AND it can also be STUPID in solo and team games. There's no way to tell when you should or shouldn't tech, it depends on every game, every matchup, game style of your opponent, and so on... I never FAST tech w/o units, i always get 3-4 grunts or hunts before teching, so i won't be caught off guard. AND i go harass, always. If you're teching and you creepjack ur opponent, or we wastes his tp, or you'll prolly win the game.

2. ChrisH36

ChrisH36 Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    I do the exact same thing, get a good set of basic units then get what I need from tier 2 before teching to t3. It will also help if you harass the player so he needs to replace his units (each unit hurts him when he needs to get that Fortress).

It wasn't his fault, half of it was somewhat mine.

3. XDxxTX

XDxxTX Member!

It is very stupid to tech straight away you need at elast an army of 8 or more to help creep or whatever it is your doing. BUT.. if you try to tech fast tower or build a couple.. that will help defend a little..

U know what a mate of mine does he rushes with FS and a couple of grunts and holds it will he techs tier 2 then goes back with more grunts and 2 demo's and attacks again and while he attacks he techs he wins solo's in like 10 Min with this strategie :) If it fails he get stopped when he harasses he usually already at tier 3 so he getin tauren.. and if hes harassing orc its better cause they all call teh burrows so they get no gold the whole time hes harassing :p its a really good strat as im teh victem of this :(

4. ChrisH36

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    Creeping + Fast teching is a crime. Always harass and rush attack if you are planning on fast teching to t3 with not much. If you creep and you get rushed, its game over.

However, back then I lost like 4 straight because of noobs who tried to fast tech chims or wyrms in rushing maps and had no men to defend themselves with. A while back, in a 4on4. Me and an ally rushed in Dragon Falls and bought my ally enough time to ft wyrms. By the time they wanted to attack with t1-t2 units, he already had 6 wyrms when he tped. So without backup to buy you the time you need, you better not fast tech to t3 without anything.

5. Drkpsycho13666

Drkpsycho13666 Member!

In my opinion, Fast tech is really valuable in a 4v4 RT game, and the person that is teching actually knows how to do it. I once had this game where me and two partners (both orcs, i was human) where constantly harrasing our enemies, till the techer (NE) finally got to 8 chims and a SH in a good 15 minutes, man did we had fun.
    But in 3v3 RT games, i feel safer when im fast teching with undead(best race to tech with) First ziggurat around mines-upgraded to nerubian tower for annoying BM rushes, and produce atleast 5 ghouls and a hero before i go to tier2.
    So, its not the teching strategie that blows, its the player that might be the noob. Just dont do it in a 1v1 now, you need tier1 units to keep you alive!

Oh and btw im the rushing type, so i barely go fast tech unless rush fails horribly

6. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    fast teching is great for large games, where there is little chance you will be rushed early on, allowing you time to build up strogner units usualy at the expense of higher levels and expansions.

7. ChrisH36

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    It is also necessary in FFA, considering it is a pretty slow paced game. IF you rush someone, you will just leave you for dead.

8. Emperor Pan I

Canada
    If you rush someone, and you don't destroy them that leaves you with
    A) someone pretty pissed at you, and
    B) Lower tech level then everyone else in the game.

9. ChrisH36

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    C) Also a player that will globally announce that X person is weak or he has nothing.

10. Emperor Pan I

Canada
    I can't stand when people do that. You lsot, just take it, and stop acting like a child announcing that someone is weak or the two of you just had a battle and you want them destroyed for you.

11. ChrisH36

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    Allow me to quote from your guide:

Its pretty obvious you shouldn't do it. Especially if both of you get weak and you globally announce, then you are both in trouble. Because you are going to lose anyways. As you said, if you are going to lose: Take it like a man and not like a child.

Teching should be done during the pauseframe. But that doesnt mean you can just have one hero and do everything. Create a hero and use t1 units to creep the map. While they are working, tech!

12. Emperor Pan I

Canada
    i know, i'm awesome

13. ChrisH36

Temple Prime, Sarajevo
    Indeed, we so pwn :). We should save this discussion for our C/C section.