Rate my sig... AGAIN

CrazyAssThing

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey guys.. remember my old sig i showed you and I didn't put enough effort into it? I made another... This time give me advice on how to fix it... give me feedback... and please don't reply to other user's feedback so it doesn't start something like last time. Forgive me for that...
Check it out:

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
The gradient you used earlier was better. The little playing around with filiters just made your text incredibly hard to see. Go to http://www.good-tutorials.com and learn some methods there, then when you are good with the tutorials enough to make up your own methods, you will be golden. Don't be afraid to explore Text effects as well ;)

CrazyAssThing

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah i was thinking the same thing about the text... i tried like 10 different colors but they all didn't work... Watcha mean by methods? I looked at a tutorial on good-tutorials and it told me how to do that, so i thought id try it out.. but hey ill try more

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its better then your first one. 6/10 id say. but u got that bg from a tutorial, its called 3d pipes or sumthing, its a www.good-tutorials.com i would know, i just looked at it yesterday. yes i still look at tuts, tho i dont do them, i like to see the ending image and try to create it myself.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It still sucks. The background sucks. The 3 pictures are retarded, and have nothing in common, other than being video games. The background sucks. The text looks like a Paint job. Did I mention the background sucks. The font is ugly. The font color is even uglier. The background is shit. Can't read where it says "created by." The background is crap.

CrazyAssThing

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i didnt put created by in it... the 3 pictures are of things i like and i downloaded the text from a website.. and i said this once and ill say it again... im a complete newb to photoshop and i was just trying things out... i wasnt looking to have them have something in commen... if the sig sucks so much lets see what you can do with it... ill just give up graphics if im put down so much... sheesh

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Don't give up...thats just what we do to new people here ;) Look at Beer $lut and N_ and see how good they are right now, and we probebly did even worse to them.

That was the 14th sig I ever made (oldest sig I still have ATM)

If you noticed, I have gotten a lot better...that was made back in November of last year. Just give yourself some time and keep at it, you will get it I promise.

CrazyAssThing

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If people keep discouraging me then how am i supposed to keep at it? It makes me feel like ill never make anything good..and everything i do is over the rate limit.. on kb size i mean

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Just compress your images a bit more. You just might not want to have your stuff rated for a while, but keep practicing. You shouldn't pay that much attention to someone who has "Total Newbie" in their member title anyway ;)

CrazyAssThing

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
heh... i dont even know how to compress my images... im a complete newb to photoshop

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Save it as a jpg...then it will give a slider on quality, and it will show you how big the image is going to be (That number is always smaller than what it really is...)

CrazyAssThing

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
um... it does? I use photoshop elements.. is it different?

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
When you put the images in try to stay on one theme like a sonic theme whatever.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by CrazyAssThing
If people keep discouraging me then how am i supposed to keep at it? It makes me feel like ill never make anything good..
Ignore what we say, we're assholes.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
^ Told ya ;) I don't believe elements is any different when it comes to compression =\ I believe it just lacks the filters.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or u could always crop your sig size by using the rectangle marque tool and making a box around the area you want to keep, then crop it. I dont know if you can do that in elements, I never heard/tried it. But I am not trying to discourage you. I will tell you one of my fav tuts. Go to www.good-tutorials.com and the search thing in the upper right corner, search for "Electric Metal" and follow that tut. Then after the tut is done, there is a bonus that you can do called "Crazy Electric". I think it looks rather cool but thats just me.