Rap Rap Rap

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
Rap is not music. At least not the mainstream stuff. It has no real instrumentation, very little voice range, and sounds like garbage.

I'd agree it's an art form of some sort, yes, but it's definitely not for me.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
i thought you liked grime? all attitude and ****. i like good rap though..

Reaction score
Rap is not music. At least not the mainstream stuff. It has no real instrumentation, very little voice range, and sounds like garbage.

Wrong.

GAHEADGA

Member!
Reaction score
you guys gotta listen to z-ro its more than that ****ty lil jon **** you guys listen too

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Melody and rhythm is what I think defines music. While I think Rap has plenty of rhythm most songs I've heard lack melody and musical phrasing and just have a background looping over and over.

Reaction score
Melody and rhythm is what I think defines music. While I think Rap has plenty of rhythm most songs I've heard lack melody and musical phrasing and just have a background looping over and over.
Just about every rap song has some form of melody to it, so that debunks that whole arguement there.

The musical phrasing and lyrics are, for the most part, much better than that of rock, or any form of non-rap really. You find a good rapper, and they'll come up with some of the most creative ****, ever. Sure theres a lot of rappers out there that are like "lol i shoot ***** and i roll on dubs, if you ever step to me youll be in some troubs" and stupid **** like that, about ******s ******s drugs ******s druggame cocaine, all that bull****. But you also get ****ty bands that just go "Mary left me in the dust, guess theres no more chance for us" and **** like that. So that effectivly debunked another reason why you think rap isn't music.

Having a background looping over and over isn't anything differt than most songs. Chorus Verse Chours Verse Bridge Chours Verse Chours. There, that's just about 90% of all styles of vocal music. So theres another thing debunked.

So if you actually get any real reasons that isn't just "lol loops lyrics no instruments", please let me know.

Airgoh

Member!
Reaction score
close minded ftw.

rap is music.

Reaction score
that stache is ****ing amazing.

GAHEADGA

Member!
Reaction score
all those rock and emo song just say some random **** but rap it has life experiences that people went through and they project what they saw with their eyes into words

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i heard rap stood for retards attempting poetry i could be wrong but more than 80% of my sources say this right now im listening to OZZY OSBOURNE

L

Laharl

I concur.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
Creativity makes it an art form not music. No one ever said rap wasn't creative.
Having a background looping over and over isn't anything differt than most songs. Chorus Verse Chours Verse Bridge Chours Verse Chours. There, that's just about 90% of all styles of vocal music. So theres another thing debunked.

So if you actually get any real reasons that isn't just "lol loops lyrics no instruments", please let me know.
There's a HUGE difference between a repetitive song structure and a looped drum machine. That's like saying all poems with the same rhyme scheme are exactly the same. Music in general (not limiting to rock v.s. rap... there are many forms of music that are not repetitive, i.e. Jazz) takes instrumental skill. Rap takes creative songwriting skill. And yes I'm sure there are some rap musicians that have real instruments backing them up, but the vast majority don't.

And their vocal melody is much more restricted than most other music.

GAHEADGA

Member!
Reaction score
Thats what most music is actually.
yea but ive heard some emo **** where they talkin bout seein dead bodies and people being buried and other crazy **** that i know they havent seen that **** or witnessed it

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
You havn't seen thousands of people die but does that mean you shouldn't care? It does happen. Why not sing about it to bring attention to it?

GAHEADGA

Member!
Reaction score
because if you really saw thousands of people die in real life actually witnessing it then you can write a better song than if you would heard about it say on the news or something or somebody else telling you