Random Stuff

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I think that too, but i also think that more monsters are needed instead of just having a stronger creature with a different name which is actually the same thing as the other one. eg. You get Fallen early in Act 1, but then later in the first Act youll get Devilkins, which are basically stronger, yellow Fallen. I'd prefer to see new creatures.

Also this time there should be more acts, with a few more NPCs.

More mercenaries, with more euippable stuff (eg, can have boots and gloves)

More gems would also be cool.

What do you think?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
More Classes
Customization on what your chars look like
Dyes ( to dye your armor and such )
Weapon Effects (flaming weapons if they have fire dmg, stuff like that)
More skills
Balanced chars
Harder Bosses

BTW; The whole reason they have the same monster models with different colors, is because it's a race of them...Different sizes on them would be cool though.

Crafting
any more MMO elements I'm missing out on

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I dont like the idea of a customisable character, its just not Diablo. As I've repeatedly said, one of the most important/coolest things about Diablo is that its really simple.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Customization of the look would still be nice. To be able to dye your armor, this way people arnt like "well shit, he's wearing this this and this" because everyone knows what they look like.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I Agree. You could express yourself more say with all blue armor? Or just overall, look cool with you're character. Maybe you could take items to a Weapon Vendor, and they could like do stuff to the armor (chain replacements, moving stuff around, and coloring only specific spots) to make armor more fashionable.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I prefer DarkMatters idea more than the customizable character idea. I did also mention in one of the other threads that maybe being able to craft items would be cool, but it might not work in diablo 3 though.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by McGorilla
I prefer DarkMatters idea more than the customizable character idea. I did also mention in one of the other threads that maybe being able to craft items would be cool, but it might not work in diablo 3 though.
I think it could certainly work, especially in a Massively Multiplayer version of a sequel. An expanded crafting system with the ability to actually make things, instead of just doing cube transformations.

But as you say, Diablo is simple. Adding on a detailed crafting system would involve more skills, imply greater community, and slow down / shift the focus of the game, possibly. Not to mention make it more complex.

I would say the reasons for limited character customization, and the reason for re-using monsters with different names and colors, is pretty simple. Art budget. The character and monster graphics for Diablo II were made using 3D models which were then animated and rendered into sequences of frames of 2D art. Each frame had to then be converted to the right palette, retouched, exhaustively play tested, etc.

All this costs time, staff and $$$. If they used full in-game 3D, the process would be a lot easier. Tweaking 3D models and making add on parts, recoloring parts, doing character customizations like hair style / length, skin color, etc is all much easier.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
more acts interactive sceneray and mebe some new chars other than that old black ****** cain wo used to be white lol

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Er? He looks white to me, maybe with a decent tan. He does stand outside all day.

But what difference does his skin color matter? You a racist? You gonna complain about the Paladins now too?

Sad...

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
LordOfMars said:
Er? He looks white to me, maybe with a decent tan. He does stand outside all day.

But what difference does his skin color matter? You a racist? You gonna complain about the Paladins now too?

Sad...

no check d1 then check d2

d1=white with red hair
d2=black with white hair

mebe he got gay

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
A NPC that is with you in a quest, killing shit w/ you. A zealot and you owning everything would be awsome :D.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
what if you could hire a demon instead of a human merc. That would be interesting IMO. And to play on the idea of personalizing gear what if you could add on to the gear as it gets uped. Example of this would be maybe spikes on glove knuckles, or even, instead of color changes on weapons, you could have it actually show the element as stated prior. Flames on a sword, green cloud for poison ect. I would love to have the option to personalize the gear i wear. It oviously would have to be able to change the color or whatever at will, so if sold or traded it could still be personalized to the next person. It would look rather good to have my gear match completely. None of this brown helm, green armor, blue shield thing. Look at me I'm a technicolor Pally. Hehe.