Question.

itousaaku

Reaction score
I've made a UMS (a single-player version of my multiplayer UMS) where the Terran forces are the computer players. I use the triggers:

(Player 3)
Always run "Terran Campaign Medium" at "Location 0"
Preserve Trigger

(Player 4)
Always run "Terran Campaign Medium" at "Location 1"
Preserve Trigger

And neither the Kel-Morians nor the Antigans will build. I think something's wrong with my triggers, please help.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
ok, i'm no expert when it comes to creating UMS maps, but here is a question for you... you have minerals on the map, right?. Also, what map is it you've edited? Is it an official blizzard map? Or a custom melee map?

itousaaku

Reaction score
It's a completely new one that I did. I did it myself from the ground up.

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
A few ideas you can try.

1. Remove the preserve trigger. One activation of an AI setting is usually enough. Preserve trigger sometimes start an AI setting from the beginning perpetually, and cancels itself out.

2. Give the comp a nudge, add a few extra of the basic buildings.

3. Lacations,,,, try setting them to "Anywhere". Choosing a specific spot usually limits a comp to building and interacting only in that location.

4. Something to add to the AI trigger that sometimes helps, "send all units on strategic suicide missions".

All of this is subject to many things, triggers fail, maps glitch, comps fizzle and do next to nothing, and somtimes the map gods just don't like your map.

Last but not least, if you are building an RPG, you may need to disreguard all, or most of my suggestions, depending on your end goals.

Ask more, and i will help if I can.

Good luck, and good gaming.