Question with science vessel ability

pyro_kin

Reaction score
does anyone no that the science vessel's ability matrix defence will last forever if it is not send in to battle and get dmged

so is there an endurance time for def matrix?

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
I think there is a limit, but im not 100% sure. I think its like 2 minuets.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
minny said:
I think there is a limit, but im not 100% sure. I think its like 2 minuets.
Actually, I think it's more like 30-40 seconds. You can check the Starcraft compendium. Awesome ability.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Defensive Matrix.
Cost: 100 Energy
Range: 10

Used by the Science Vessel. Creates a 250 Hit Point non-regenerating shield around the target unit. After about 60 seconds, the effect wears off even if the shields haven't run out of Hit Points. Note that there is some damage that can "leak" through the Defensive Matrix, causing a unit to take a couple points of incidental damage. Cloaked units surrounded by a D-Matrix are automatically detected by any enemy units, but the extra 250 HP are usually worth it. Using D-Matrix more than once on a unit will replace any old Matrix with the new one-- you can't "stack" D-Matrices.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Odd, the site gives two different durations. When I go to the actual unit(with it's abilities and stats)(SV), it says that DM wears off after about 30 secs, but the special abilities section(where Lwek got his info from) says 60 secs.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
i just tested it, it's 60 seconds