Question to the SC/Diablo moderators about CD keys (buying/selling)

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
It has always been my own personal policy that I don't condone the manipulation of Blizzard products... So when it comes to CD keys being talked about, I'm very cautious about how I handle it. If in any way it involves buying or selling, or trading, I usually void it or send it to the evidence locker, making sure that the proper information is asterisk'd so the information is no longer accessible.

But... we have a hacks section in each one of our forums which in a sense defies any relation to blizzard whatsoever. So where does battleforums stand on this?

Or is this kind of a wing it deal where we use our own personal judgement on the subject?

P.S. - To all... Sorry that I haven't been on lately, I have been working overtime at work and it doesn't show any signs of lightening up.... but I make it here when I can, but I'm still an avid gamer, so if I'm off work, and I'm not here... you can still find me on B.net (just ask Zaku).

I

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, I usually send it to the Hacking section, as if we have that section, which talks about illegal stuff, and trades as well (links to those programs are in those forums), the CD key should go there too.

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nononono. I use it myself. I think that if a user pays for a game, and another user pays for another game, and they just switch cdkeys, there is no loss of profits on blizzards end. Though the fact that some users (such as me =\ ) Use cdkeys that were trojaned, trade them off for items and such, other cdkeys as well. This is good and bad, but I say let it go in the hacking sections.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
No, We should not help trade CDkeys.

We definately should not have hacks either, but noo we have to be a ****ing retarded site.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
users can get hurt by trading CD Keys. hell people will go so low to trade fake ones. thats why they should not be allowed to trade them here at BF. People give out fake ones/banned CD keys.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
No, We should not help trade CDkeys.

We definately should not have hacks either, but noo we have to be a ****ing retarded site.
Then why are you here? Devoting time and effort being a moderator...*sigh*

I usually just send them to the Void.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I am devoting my time because I have so much of it.

I am not suppoting hacks in any way. So ****ing gay, sure you support them, and post about them now, but all you hear in a game is "The ****ing hacked those newbs." Well it is places like this that allow people to learn them. And then what happens, We are supporting the MAKING of them?

God..

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I personally couldn't care less if we supported hacks or not. I don't like hacks, but i'm not whinging about it.

I've been here for about 9-10months and i haven't learnt a thing about hacks. Other then that they are ghey.

Bah...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Silynt Rage
so are you saying that we condone CD key trading/selling?
No, I'm not saying that we should, but if we have the hack sections, it's not less stupid that CD key trading. And trading only, I am completly against CD key selling.

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was to be kept in the open market, its fine. I don't think we should completely get rid of them.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
well trading and selling are not hacking... so why does anyone send CD key related things to the hacking forums? that's just stupid.

Why do some of you feel the need to trade banned CD keys and generated CD keys...? it's a trade, you are stealing from the person you are trading with.... something for nothing. How corrupt are the leaders around here...?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
All right, next time let's send it to Advertiing, then. They are seeling it, it's a trade, that's what we do there.

However, doing that is illegal. So is hacking the games.

I'm putting things by legality and illegallity. CD key trading is illegal, it goes for hacking. It's not stupid, it's a way of thinking.

And, once again, why do you call the leaders around here corrupt? What do they have to win with that?