PvT or PvZ, multiple race strategy

Bink

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Simple strat, fast tech and get 2 aribiters and upgrade their recall ability. Research your dark archons mind control ability, fly arib into enemy base by mineral field. Recall the DA in and mc a worker, make sure the other arib is hotkey'ed. Recall the worker out. Enjoy your new species.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bink said:
Simple strat, fast tech and get 2 aribiters and upgrade their recall ability. Research your dark archons mind control ability, fly arib into enemy base by mineral field. Recall the DA in and mc a worker, make sure the other arib is hotkey'ed. Recall the worker out. Enjoy your new species.
i can't even begin to point out how wrong and impractical this is

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's very impratical, but it would be nice :D

Bink

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Impratical? Why? Most people don't even put air defense by their mins, so it's actually very easy to pull off. Unless you are a noob.

thegrim_reaper

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
why would you want one anyway, the only time i ever use mc practicly is when im way out numbered mcing helps distract um for a while... but arbitars really take a long time to build upgrade and cost alot, besides any half way good player will have some air d up by the time you get air... but in theory if you teched fast enough it MIGHT work, MIGHT

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, Bink. I'm with Tiger Shark on this. I just don't see how it would work.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Bink said:
Impratical? Why? Most people don't even put air defense by their mins, so it's actually very easy to pull off. Unless you are a noob.
Two versions of it:

Non-Money map:

By the time you have one dark archon, two arbiters, recall energy & mind control, and all of them having 150 mana, you'd be dead. And it's rather useless.

Money map:

Not that I know much, but by that time you'd be overloaded by other mass units, I think, and it'd be a little impratical to build it anywhere.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Tiger_shark said:
i can't even begin to point out how wrong and impractical this is
Wrong? By all means try and point it out, because I see nothing wrong with it. Impractical yes.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well here's the thing. how on earth are you going to manage 2 species when u've just used up a lot of gas and minerals trying to get that stuff, and what makes you think that there's enough minerals and gas to go around?

Bink

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well really it is a money map strat...just fun to do when you are bored... if you wanted another race bad enough in a non-money you could just do a DA drop...sheesh, people are such critics.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i thought you meant on a normal map. money map ehh that's possible

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Then you should add an high templar. MC a unit, then slaughter the others with 3 well sent storms :D

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol yeah on fastest. a ht drop is the worst thing possible

Bink

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thats why on fastest if you are toss and someone tries that you should always have DA's on standby :p

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I've done something similar, but much more cost-effective.

Just sent in a DA with upgraded shuttle speed and fled the christ outta there.

There comes times where you'll fight someone with insufficient air de to stop you from doing that. However doing that on a non-money map isn't exactly something that's guaranteed to help you win the game unless you have some good allies around to back you up while you tech.

Otherwise you wouldn't be able to do that till mid/late game when they already have a large amount of base defense to stop you.