PvP WW Barb

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DDr's is out of date, so I thought I'd make a new one in an attempt to make the stickies more up-to-date

Stats:

Str: 106
Dex: 222 (/w items) @ clvl 99, and 2 less per lvl. So if you're 98, you only need 220
Vita: Rest
Nrg: Base

Skills:

WW: Max
BO: Max
Shout: Max
Axe Mast: Max
Iron Skin: Stack
Inc Speed: 1-14 (with items) - This depends on how much chasing down you plan on doing. If you want to stick with melee, put just 1 in here, but if you plan on running after casters you'll want to get it to lvl 14 /w items.
Zerk: 1
Battle Command: 1
Prerequisites: 1

Items

Melee:

Hat: Arreats Face /w ed/str jewel
Shield: Stormshield /w ed/str jewel
Boots: Gore riders
Gloves: Draculs
Ammy: Angelics
Rings: BvB - Angelics, If you're dueling melee as in using zerk or conc and need CNF, then use raven and an angelics
Belt: Verdungos
Weapon/Armor: eth Razors edge/Fury/Fortitude will give you the most overrall damage, but personally I like banking on Beast/Duress for the extra AR. They are about even though IMO

On switch: 2x wc weopons unless you feel like being really 133t, than use 2x 3+ CTA

Charms: As many 3/ar/20's as you can get, Anni, 20+ life sc's, and one or two+ WC gc's w/ good life are optional

Vs Casters ~(This section might be slightly flawed)

Hat: Arreats Face /w Um or ed/str jool
Shield: If you are dueling someone like a FoH pally and need a 4 topaz shield for resist, use it. Otherwise it's usually a waste to use a sheild vs casters
Gloves: Dracs
Boots: Gores
Ammy: Depends a lot on who you are dueling...If you need general resists, use maras, if you need fire resist use rising sun, if you dont need resists from an ammy use cats eye
Rings: Use the proper absorb rings, or, if you dont need absorbs/CBF, use a pair of BK rings for life
Belt: Verdungos or TGods if you are dieing for help vs lightnight
Armor/Weapon(s): If you want to tele, use enigma+beast/grief. Otherwise use Fort+grief/beast, since grief/fort will give more raw damage, which will be more useful vs caster

On switch: 2x wc weopons unless you feel like being really 133t, than use 2x 3+ CTA

As many 20+ life sc's w/ resists as you can get, anni, 20+ life sc's, and one or two+ WC gc's w/ good life are optional

Dueling Strategies

I'm going to keep this section brief, since most duels are pretty straight forward and you will develop your own strategys after time..

Barb vs Barb

Patience is important here. You can try to let them WW first, then step out of the way, then WW into them while they aren't spinning and get them into block lock, or just target them straight up. But it should be said that should always count to 7 or 8 after you hit them before hitting them again - since open wounds dont stack and thats where most of your damage is coming from.

Barb vs Hammerdin

These have always been easy for me, but I've heard others complain about them. Be patient and make them tele on top of you, then WW out of the hammer radius in the direction of the blind spot. If they are patient too, and just stand there casting hammers, you could always try to get a widowmaker (though you'd lose life) or throw wc weapons at them to try and provoke them. Be ready to hit 'w' though..

Thats all I got for now, I might add more later and I'm sure I made some mistakes/typos.

Comments/Suggestions/Death threats?

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nice guide... but wouldnt ebotd zerk be better overall for dmg? if not than duel wielding beast/ebotd? ... oh here i have a death threat for you. Die! :O

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Shadow-Hunter said:
Nice guide..
In the rings vs caster u typed CNF :p

~Sh@dow
Yes - cannot be frozen, from raven

but wouldnt ebotd zerk be better overall for dmg? if not than duel wielding beast/ebotd?
no because the open wounds from beast or fury does more damage than a botd

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
nice guide. the reasons hammerdins are so hard though is that once they set up their hammer fields, its like a spinning wall of 11k dmg. a pop. i think a good armor against hammerdins is enigma as you can easily tele out of the fields or next to him and WW.

satan_townz

Member!
Reaction score
heh, meant for dueling melee, grief already gives great average damage and open wounds/crit/cb are nice...but not if thats all you're banking on against someone who will cut through your vitality 4x as fast. eth valor is always good game with skills(eh, pretty at least), life, godly def, and vita(if you don't wanna use and are wooooowed by 300ed. fort will hold its own, top on west use one or the other). ppl with fury and duress never seem to be able to compete barb v. barb against the more expensive valor (plus eth arreats rather then jeweled norm). as for dueling casters...always good gamed if you use absorbs/coh, if in a priv or not cheating, enigma (no tele) is a must unless bone nec, then keep a nice def/dmg armor (fort) and equip diff run/walk (heh, cat's eye and eth valk = best items in game EVER)

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Use fury/fort or beast/duress....and I can gurantee you are will beat any barb you'd like using beast/duress.

Valor will never be good on a ww barb though....too much str req, plus skills dont do much for a barb, and the defense wont make a big enough difference

satan_townz

Member!
Reaction score
155 strength...ss is 156, I mean you'll bug it on but still be up to 156 once wearing

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No fury, since fury gets its damage from ow and you'd already have a decent amount....I'd porbably use a grief/beast

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Im not using duress though....and im making this build on non-ladder so....fury/beast my best option for openwounds dmg?

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmm, it'd still be more than enough...if you want ow maybe try eth razors edge/beast....but i think vs casters that damage is better instantly since you don't always have time to wait for ow

ImF-kinHammered

Member!
Reaction score
what armour should i use? a high archon enigma? orrrrr ? this is my first barb! i thought id try it out!

BooDha

Member!
Reaction score
These have always been easy for me, but I've heard others complain about them. Be patient and make them tele on top of you, then WW out of the hammer radius in the direction of the blind spot. If they are patient too, and just stand there casting hammers, you could always try to get a widowmaker (though you'd lose life) or throw wc weapons at them to try and provoke them. Be ready to hit 'w' though..

=\ easy huh? funny actually not many barbs can duel hammerdins unless they have massive life, LoL i always tele to the barbs but they ww and they cant hit me cuz of block.