PSP

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I can't compar it, until maybe june or god knows september when they are goigng to actualy release it in Europe. Because sony is retarded and delayed that launch.

Instead europeans ahve Gizmondo to buy!

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan said:
exactly why nintendo is winning
you contridict yourslef a lot-
how can you say the DS is winning in sales worldwide even though the PSP is only out in japan right now? the PSP come sout here wednesday, but my reserved comes in thursday, meaning the first day they are going to be sold out here also. so wait a few months until XBOX decides they want to make a portable XBOX then we can more accuratly compare sales between the PSP and DS, Pan Sir

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Pains Requiem said:
how can you say the DS is winning in sales worldwide even though the PSP is only out in japan right now?
That was the joke

the PSP come sout here wednesday, but my reserved comes in thursday, meaning the first day they are going to be sold out here also.
here? here? where is here.
so wait a few months until XBOX decides they want to make a portable XBOX then we can more accuratly compare sales between the PSP and DS, Pan Sir
Xbox is not going to make a handheld system. closest thing was that Gizmondo thing released in Europe that has only sold around 800 units and is in some way affiliated to microsoft.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan said:
here? here? where is here.
here do you think im from Pan?
look at Location: under my name.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ArtOfProtoss said:
What do you think Nintendo will do if it loses the handheld market? Do you think it'll become the next Sega?
it has pushed close to 3 million units in Japan, and North America, and broke records for the sale in the UK. Even if the psp outsells the ds, the DS nor nintendo will be switching to games. Sides, Nintendo owns the Seatle Mariners.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wow! I never knew that! Nintendo is pretty pimp :).

Anyways, can you play DVDs on that thing? I heard you could force it if you put them on your computer or something... That probably doesn't make any sense but... is there any way you can get dvds you already have on the playstation or are you just going to have to buy the UMD discs?

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i got my PSP last night, and.. that thing is so pretty. it has a screen size that is like the 2 DS screens combined, and the graphics are awesome. it came with the spiderman2 dvd, and it looks perfect, and came with a sampler disc. the coolest feature about it is you can save screenshots and music from your computer into the game using the little memory stick that comes with it that is like 1 inch long..
it came with little earphones to, and it has 2 cords that you have to plug into eachother to be able to plug one into the PSP and the other end into the wall to charge it up.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
I work at blockbuster and a tech geek. The PSP sucks. Drop it once your ****ed (not durable), the battery life is about 6 hours (sucky as hell), uses new system of dvd's called UMD's (universal media discs) which you can watch movies well it doesn't play dvd's so you'll have to wait for UMD's to come out for your favourite movies, the space capacity for MP3's well aint bad can fit up to 100 songs basically nothing special and it is heavy. It just a non-revolutionary handheld unlike the DS. Only thing PSP got going for it is a older more mature group aim for games.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what i think makes the PSP the superior is that it can store music and photos and the graphics quality of the system.

so what that you'll have to wait until that certain movie you want to see comes out on UMD, the DS cant play em. the PSP can.the DS's battery life isnt no more than 1-2 longer than the PSP. Thats why you are given a chord to charge the battery thats in there, and you dont even have to actually use the battery's life to run the PSP.

the only thing i can see about the DS being at all better than the PSP is its durability and it dual-screens. thats it

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Pains Requiem said:
what i think makes the PSP the superior is that it can store music and photos and the graphics quality of the system.

so what that you'll have to wait until that certain movie you want to see comes out on UMD, the DS cant play em. the PSP can.the DS's battery life isnt no more than 1-2 longer than the PSP. Thats why you are given a chord to charge the battery thats in there, and you dont even have to actually use the battery's life to run the PSP.

the only thing i can see about the DS being at all better than the PSP is its durability and it dual-screens. thats it
DS is solid durable, longer battery life, revolutionary and why would you need to store music and photos and stuff by the time the PSP came out I already had a dvd player for movies already had a iPod for music which blows but can hold alot of songs and an xbox for games which can also play dvds and music not portable though. As well already had a digital camera and a phone camera. It nothing special it about the same price as of buying each piece as well. DS games are bad though atm.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
digi camera-$320 to $400
phone with camera-$100-$200
mp3 player-$190 to $290
songs/disc total costs-$50
xbox-$100-$200

PSP-$200

the psp can have all of those in 1, and costs about 550 bucks less. and its portable, which is another big issue.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Miss said:
I work at blockbuster and a tech geek. The PSP sucks. Drop it once your ****ed (not durable), the battery life is about 6 hours (sucky as hell), uses new system of dvd's called UMD's (universal media discs) which you can watch movies well it doesn't play dvd's so you'll have to wait for UMD's to come out for your favourite movies, the space capacity for MP3's well aint bad can fit up to 100 songs basically nothing special and it is heavy. It just a non-revolutionary handheld unlike the DS. Only thing PSP got going for it is a older more mature group aim for games.
Just about everyone here is a tech/video game geek :)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Pains Requiem said:
digi camera-$320 to $400
phone with camera-$100-$200
mp3 player-$190 to $290
songs/disc total costs-$50
xbox-$100-$200

PSP-$200
songstotal costs-$0- if u buy music, ur stupid
xbox -175$ better quality, better graphics, most likely better screen and sound, better data storage.

PSP -350

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my psp was 200 'total' with reservations and everything.
btw i added up the total cost of everything she mentioned that she said she had that all did what the psp did.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PSP, might be different where you live or whatever, is 200 $ clean, no nothing, but for 250 $ you get an adapator, and stuff like that.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i got Spiderman2, sampler disc, psp, 2 cords that act as a charger and adaptor, battery, headphones, memory stick- i got it all for 200 bucks clean