PSP

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking foreward to the PSP? I mean the system is set to release in 2005, and its going to have a metal gear solid game on it. otherwise i don't know what else will be on it.

the Specs blow the DS out of the water as a portable system. 1.8 gig UMC disk, plays Mp3, movies, music videos etc.

16.77 million colors compared to DS' 260,000 colors
2MB EDRAM compared to DS' 656KB

my god it even weighs less than the Nintendo DS.

Then again it has something like a 2 hour battery life. It is higher if u play a less intense game, with no backlight. and its been reported that it is impossible to see, even out on a usunny day, without the backlight.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i want to know how watch movies?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have no clue, there was a review on gamespot about how to do it, and other sites

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Pan said:
my god it even weighs less than the Nintendo DS.
GAMESPOT said:
You might be tired of reading about how great the PSP looks, but we can't help but reiterate that that Sony PSP is a polished piece of hardware. Even with the unit turned off, the slick design and excellent material selection make for a very good first impression. The PSP does weigh slightly more than the Nintendo DS, but the weight is well balanced and it's packed into such a small space that the density gives the system a really solid feel. Holding such a dense piece of equipment hints at the serious hardware packed inside.
GAMESPOT said:
As for reports about the UMD slot popping open at inopportune times, we did notice that we could set off the lid's spring-loaded eject by applying a little pressure to the top right of the unit while holding the left side in place. The miniscule flex was enough to trigger the eject mechanism, so we imagine this might be an issue Sony will address in future design revisions.
That's funny.

A lot of sony's game products seem to have a durability problem. Which is what turns me off.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Exactly why the hype of that thing really hasn't hit me as it has all of my friends.

One in particular who is an avid anti-Microsoft/XBox gamer, was talking about it the other day, and all I could think of is exactly what you posted in that quote Lwek. How could all that equipment they've shrunk down, be any more durable, and reliable than the last 3 Playstation 2s one of my friends has gone through in the last 2/3 years?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I personaly won't buy a PSP, I think my brother is going too. I was jsut reading, and though the specs were better than the DS, the launch titles were shit, and only thing that caught my attention was metal gear solid acid, which I later learned will have different game play which sucks.

though, the wheight, when measured the PSP was lighter by like .20 odd grams

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well the Nintendo DS kinda sucks it has the WORST games ever on it the Sony has alot of game making Companys on it to help it out, all Nintendo has is itself and some other horrible Companys.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score

wow

that has to be one of the lamest names for a hand held i have ever read

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All of the little 6th graders have the DS there really stupid with them there like oooh look how 3d mario is oooh, buncha queers.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TrOiK said:
All of the little 6th graders have the DS there really stupid with them there like oooh look how 3d mario is oooh, buncha queers.
don't be dissing the DS, mario 64 was one of the greatest games on the N64, I grew up with that game.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
your just a ****ing idiot and you dont know anything, ds sucks and it always will. Even if they do get linux to work on it, its a peice ofshit, linux on psp will always be better, and psp on its own is better. Dont say something if you dont believe it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
COTA-GoD said:
your just a ****ing idiot and you dont know anything, ds sucks and it always will.
There are several reasons why the DS is 10x better than the PSP.

Even if they do get linux to work on it, its a peice ofshit, linux on psp will always be better, and psp on its own is better. Dont say something if you dont believe it.
Linux... wtf are you talking about its a ****ing game system. The Nintendo DS is a ****ing gmae system, who the **** cares about linux.

the PSP has more features than the DS, but in the end it has shit games compared to the DS

now please shut up, what I am talking to thebastardsowrd about does not, and never concerned you. so shut the **** up