Ps3 Vs Xbox360

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
Resistance? Really? Motorstorm? Really? LBP? Really? I'll give you GT5 if you're a racing sim nazi, and Killzone 2 as a maybe...but come on, Killzone 1 was pretty bad.

I mean hell, the DLC alone for games like Fallout 3, GTA4, and countless others that the PS3 will never see makes it that much more of a reason to buy it.

Although PS3's gonna have DC Online...so I guess that'll give me a third game to have for it.

Realistically, a 360 is your best bet. The price just dropped on them, there's plenty of games out there for it that arn't niche games (Viva Pinata is an amazing game, weather you admit it or not is your own problem), and the XBL networks are literally unmatched. PSN has it's good features (It's free...and you can DL old games with more of a variety than the XBL classics), but in reality there really shouldn't be a "who's better" contest, cause it's just so heavily weighted in favor of the 360.
killzone 1 sucked dick but killzone 2 is alot different also we get tekken 6 and tekken is like the best fighting game it pwns street fighter

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
Consoles and fps should never have met, it's a relationship that doesn't work, but they don't want to admit that yet so they keep trying new things to spice it up, but they all end up failing as much as their old ideas did.
I take strong offense to this, why dont consoles and fps go together, I am sorry I dont beat off with a stupid mouse and keyboard and wine like a little ***** when I play a fps on the console with the gamepad, I would much rather play with a gamepad over a stupid keyboard and mouse and if it pains somebody that bad, they make an adaptor to use a keyboard and mouse on the 360.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
just about every console fps these days copy the halo formula

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
killzone 1 sucked dick but killzone 2 is alot different also we get tekken 6 and tekken is like the best fighting game it pwns street fighter
Killzone 1 wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

I take strong offense to this, why dont consoles and fps go together, I am sorry I dont beat off with a stupid mouse and keyboard and wine like a little ***** when I play a fps on the console with the gamepad, I would much rather play with a gamepad over a stupid keyboard and mouse and if it pains somebody that bad, they make an adaptor to use a keyboard and mouse on the 360.
Relax buddy, crikey. I think they don't work together because regardless of your skill or reflexes, it's impossibly hard to pull of great shots or recoveries with a gamepad. Whatever floats your boat, i don't really care, i just prefer a mouse and a keyboard because i have a lot more control. If there was a five on five PC vs console match in any given fps, the PC players would win, you can't argue that.

just about every console fps these days copy the halo formula
I don't understand. There were plenty of established fps games around before Halo.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
I don't understand. There were plenty of established fps games around before Halo.
did you not read console?

goldeneye? i dont think any controllers use that system.

besides, i said after halo came out

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Ok, so what's the Halo formula then? Bloom + bloom = $?
no thats halo 3

What i can think of
Simple Controls(Up for interpretation), static Health Bar Replaced with sort of regen.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Ok, so what's the Halo formula then? Bloom + bloom = $?

EDIT: basically waht wang said but with a longer response...

i meant control scheme.

but lets go on. regenerating health? even if they didnt invent it, its not like every game at the time was using it with success like halo garnered.

i dunno if you would contribute this to halo success but the use of melee attacks as a quick damage method was quite effective and deserves a place in every fps. I FUCKING HATE having to switch weapons to melee now. Why should you have to? shouldnt u just have to tap a button and smash the butt of ur gun into whoever ur killing?

the halo controls imo are revolutionary for console fps

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
All those fancy controls you like were in pc fps'ers before Halo. CoD2 comes to mind.

EDIT: I'm just being a dick, i know.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
All those fancy controls you like were in pc fps'ers before Halo. CoD2 comes to mind.

EDIT: I'm just being a dick, i know.
its fun tho, i just like halo because of coop...and being able to get out of the level and fuck around. when they got rid of that in h3 i was sad.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Eh it comes down to two things:
1. Do you plan to play online?
2. What exclusives do you like?

If you want to play online, 360 is king. Live is just a great service. $50 a year true, but it does many things.

If you say no to #1, then it depends on what you want. MGS4? PS3. Fable 2? 360.

I'm happy with my 360 purchase, although I wish I had to falcon or jasper. But mine has never ringed so it's good. One thing that I will miss is playing the next game the devs that made Shadow of the Colossus will make. Other than that, my favorite games at the moment are all exclusive: Soul Calibur 4, Call of Duty 4 and Street Fighter, uh 4. Live is definitely worth the purchase.

I would also have liked to try Blu-ray... seems nifty. Perhaps I'd buy the Matrix trilogy, Fight Club...

GAMEMASTERCHAN

GOW2 for life
Reaction score
I can argue that, and I will I believe I can hold my own against any limp wristed mouse/keyboard player. I have pulled off some incredible shots in my day and made it through some stuff that I shouldn't have. But I guess it comes down to what your used to useing.

ManicHoliday

One LONG day at a time...
Reaction score
360 > ps3 hands down.
Although I may be a bit biased since I have had the original xbox and my bro started with ps2.
When I went to play on his system, I hated it.
Then when he played on mine, he hated it. lol