PS3 RIPPED OFF NINTENDOS WII AND RAN! (lol)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
That was me you jackass. And I actually gave reasons and links to research as to why it wouldn't be as cheap as other people said. :(

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
IGN said:
Doubters of the PlayStation 3's new controller (as well as haters for it following in the footsteps of the Wii) will hopefully at least come to terms with the fact that this is a good thing for gaming once they get their hands on the controllers. As a skeptic myself, I was unsure how much potential and promise was in this new motion-sensitive control system, but after getting a hands-on feel of the game with the new WarHawk (the only game on the main show floor with motion control support, although developers have confirmed with us that games like Resistance will use it), I have a good feeling for what Sony has done here.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/707/707070p1.html

Finally some positive comments about PS3's controller. Every gaming site that has tried it seems to be really impressed with it.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There is a lot of positive response from people who have actually used the DS3 and Wii Remote (alphabetical order).

It's amazing how big this has suddenly become, though. I do have to agree with something Revblade and _Jake have said, but I find it more...humorous. There were a lot, and I do mean a lot, of people bashing Nintendo for the motion sensing that, suddenly, turned around and said how great and innovative it was...after Sony made the leap to tilt sensing, or at least announced it. That's my one and only complaint, trust me ^_^

I'm enjoying what I've been seeing from both Nintendo and Sony's booths! I'm...not so enthused by Microsoft's rather...lackluster attendence. That's my, personal opinion, of course. I'm just seeing 99.9% of my games from Nintendo and Sony (in that order, this time).

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i like the idea of having a button on the ps3 controller that is used to power on the controller. I also like how sleek the button looks, it has the ps logo on it and everything!

so wait....when does it come out in the US?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
^^Yep, PS3 is gonna be out on Nov. 17th on the US. Not sure about the exact date for the Wii tho.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm thinking September - November. That's mainly because of Twilight Princess' last, known release estimate.

I'm thinking the Wii will be out first, though. That's just a hunch/speculation, though =/ It doesn't matter to me in the long run. I'm getting Wii first and waiting for that $599 pricetag to come down...and at least second or third generation PS3 hardward.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
oh.

well at least winter break will kick ass. twilight princess + dead rising(its supposed to be released november)

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Me personally, I'm really phyced for SSBB. Its the top game on my list.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I may have to save up several hundred bucks for this, cuz I want SSBB, Red Steel, Zelda, Mario, Duck Hunt (it's commin), Metroid, and hell, what else....mostly the entire line up I'm excited about.

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
_JaKE said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG
BASTARDS ****ING RIP OFFS
OMG OMG OMG
BASTARDS
NIG GEWRS
FAG GOTS
ECT.
ECT.
****ING STOLE THE FUCXKING WII MOTE THE ****ING BITCHAZ ****ED UP ****ING RETARDED ****** ****ING ******, TYWO FACING ****ING LESBIAN ******S!!!

6:32: Ken Kutaragi takes the stage, and asks the crowd if they enjoyed the latest progress on Ps3 titles, which is met with some applause and cheers. Kutaragi then promises "one more big thing we have kept secret." He talks about the controller of the 1994 PlayStation controller's debut. He promises to enhance controllability to the next tier for the next generation. He then holds up the final PS3 controller. It's a silver DualShock with a little black button in the middle with the classic PlayStation logo. He asks Harrison to demonstrate what the controller can do. A demo trailer shows a crate, hopping around of its own accord. It breaks open and the PS3 controller is inside. He lifts the controller up, and the controller on the screen lifts up. With no external sensor required, he can move the controller in six degrees of movement.

6:36: Harrison notes that the Bluetooth-capable, wireless controller will be lighter than the PS2's normal controller, and calls it "a fantastic innovation." Harrison says Incognito's Warhawk will make use of the motion-sensing capabilities, then asks Incognito's Dylan Jobe to demonstrate. He controls the game's fighter using the PS3 controller as a proxy, tilting the controller to gain altitude, bank, perform barrel rolls and other actions.

6:41: Hirai takes the stage once again and recaps what's been seen so far. Then he announces the global launch details. It will be available in two versions: one with a 60GB hard drive, and one with 20GB. It will launch in the US on November 17 for $499 ($549 CDN) for the 20GB version and $599 ($659 CDN) for the 60GB one. The machine will launch in Japan on November 11 with the 20GB version fetching 59,800 yen, and the 60GB one bearing an "open price," which means retailers will set the price themselves. Europe and Australia will also get the mahcine on November 17, with the 20GB version running for 499 euros, and the 60GB configuration going for 599 euros. Hirai thanked the audience and invited them to get their hands on PS3 games at kiosks throughout the hall.
You are reterded to think this....

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is no way Sony was developing this at the same time as Nintendo. Look at the boomerang controller. This motion controller was patched together after Nintendo revealed it's controller.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
imo: buy the cheaper one, then buy a new harddrive thats 250gb for 80 bucks, you now have something that beats the 600 dolla rprice easily.