PS3 RIPPED OFF NINTENDOS WII AND RAN! (lol)

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG OMG
BASTARDS ****ING RIP OFFS
OMG OMG OMG
BASTARDS
NIG GEWRS
FAG GOTS
ECT.
ECT.
****ING STOLE THE FUCXKING WII MOTE THE ****ING BITCHAZ ****ED UP ****ING RETARDED ****** ****ING ******, TYWO FACING ****ING LESBIAN ******S!!!

6:32: Ken Kutaragi takes the stage, and asks the crowd if they enjoyed the latest progress on Ps3 titles, which is met with some applause and cheers. Kutaragi then promises "one more big thing we have kept secret." He talks about the controller of the 1994 PlayStation controller's debut. He promises to enhance controllability to the next tier for the next generation. He then holds up the final PS3 controller. It's a silver DualShock with a little black button in the middle with the classic PlayStation logo. He asks Harrison to demonstrate what the controller can do. A demo trailer shows a crate, hopping around of its own accord. It breaks open and the PS3 controller is inside. He lifts the controller up, and the controller on the screen lifts up. With no external sensor required, he can move the controller in six degrees of movement.

6:36: Harrison notes that the Bluetooth-capable, wireless controller will be lighter than the PS2's normal controller, and calls it "a fantastic innovation." Harrison says Incognito's Warhawk will make use of the motion-sensing capabilities, then asks Incognito's Dylan Jobe to demonstrate. He controls the game's fighter using the PS3 controller as a proxy, tilting the controller to gain altitude, bank, perform barrel rolls and other actions.

6:41: Hirai takes the stage once again and recaps what's been seen so far. Then he announces the global launch details. It will be available in two versions: one with a 60GB hard drive, and one with 20GB. It will launch in the US on November 17 for $499 ($549 CDN) for the 20GB version and $599 ($659 CDN) for the 60GB one. The machine will launch in Japan on November 11 with the 20GB version fetching 59,800 yen, and the 60GB one bearing an "open price," which means retailers will set the price themselves. Europe and Australia will also get the mahcine on November 17, with the 20GB version running for 499 euros, and the 60GB configuration going for 599 euros. Hirai thanked the audience and invited them to get their hands on PS3 games at kiosks throughout the hall.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
god damn it they make it harder for me to decide if i want PS3 Gundam or xbox gundam :(

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
thats how wii's controllers are? i had no idea

still sounds pretty cool.

im thinkin bout going for a ps3 now. even tho ive wanted a 360, the 360 is just a small upgrade from the regular x box. but the ps3 is a huge step up fom the ps2, it seems

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not really the same as the wiimote, lmao. why are you guys crying over this stuff? Seriously you should really bitch more about the price.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Actually, Playstation had the EyeToy before Nintendo had the Wii. They're using the basis of the EyeToy/

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Another +1 for the ps3. Ps3 is looking to be the best. 600$ they get from me.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's the technology used that matters. Various tech specs released seem to imply that some, most certainly not all, the technologies used for the Wii's controller were, indeed, used in the PS3's. Now, wether or not it's enough for a lawsuit remains to be seen. I don't know enough law to tell you, but I believe we shall see in the near future.

Has motion-sensor technology been used before? Yes. Did Nintendo invent it? No and Yes. The, specific, technology that Nintendo has patented is unique to their entity. Therefore, Nintendo did invent the unique attributes available to their console.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Wouldn't it seem kind of awkward to move around a two handed remote like you would a one handed one? I mean, you can do all the same things, but it would seem much more difficult with a two-handed one.

Mike's right though, they did have the eye toy, which uses similar technology, with the fancy sensors and whatnot.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Eye Toy =/= Wii controller

They do not equate in terms of technology used!

I don't know. I imagine the Wii's controller will be used two handed for racing simulators. I doubt so with flight simulators. One-handed is best for flight simulators.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
It's the technology used that matters. Various tech specs released seem to imply that some, most certainly not all, the technologies used for the Wii's controller were, indeed, used in the PS3's. Now, wether or not it's enough for a lawsuit remains to be seen. I don't know enough law to tell you, but I believe we shall see in the near future.

Has motion-sensor technology been used before? Yes. Did Nintendo invent it? No and Yes. The, specific, technology that Nintendo has patented is unique to their entity. Therefore, Nintendo did invent the unique attributes available to their console.
PS3 only has titlting detection, and it doesn't have a sensor so it's not exactly the same as Nintys.

It still sucks tho. wtf is sony thinking.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I said the tech specs implied that some technology was copied.

Don't forget, the Wii also has tilt. It just...also has a whole lot more :p

I'm still getting the Wii, and I'm still going to think about the PS3 once a generation or two has passed, price has dropped, and I can find a used.

Auron

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The controller looks nice compared to the boomerang shape.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Holy crap, it's USB compatible? I wonder if they'll be making PS3 games compatible for PCs. I've always been fascinated by the idea of portable gaming systems...I'd love to play some Devil May Cry 4 on my laptop...and it would eliminate the need to buy an entire $600 PS3. Unfortunately, because it DOES eliminate that need, they won't do it.

Biske

Reaction score
Is that their new controller over the boomerang one? Wow, talk about stickin to the mold. But, that was a good design, and looks better too.

_JaKE

Reaction score
guys i mad this thread before i realized that the ps3 controll was no where near as good as the wii's. srry. nintenmdo wins.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Thank you for finally coming to an understanding, _Jake ^_^

It's true that leaked articles, about two months ago, implied that some technology in the new PS3 controller appeared to be copied from the Wii's, there is nothing in Nintendo's comments, today, that imply that improprieties were taken (if I'm using the word correctly).

Basically, Sony has to play "catch-up" with Microsoft...not Nintendo. We have to keep in mind that Nintendo has stated that they no longer wish to wage war with consoles. They want a gaming platform. Sony and Microsoft are making these "do everything" media centers with gaming built in, kinda like having french fries with your ketchup, and Microsoft has a year's lead, in terms of market time, over Sony.

Nintendo and Sony will be releasing their consoles at, around, the same time. They will have very different price-points, and Nintendo will likely come out ahead in early months, especially in Japan. There are, sure as the sun shines, people who will "save up for" or start payments at GameStop, who allows one to slowly put more down onto a pre-order even up to paying it off before it is out, to purchase the $5-600 console.

Oh, by the way...I TOLD'JA SO!! Well, pan and I did. We both said Sony couldn't afford to go too far below $800, and I predicted $600 at the LOWEST ^_^ I do hate being right ;_;

_JaKE

Reaction score
i said it wont be lower than $500. we both kinda nailed it.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I also, doubtfully, stated that a $500 would be available for a lower-price point at feature poor SKU -_-; Unfortunately, I seemed to be right on that one...