Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
''By Catherine Makino
Tokyo
12 May 2006

Sony Corporation will release its PlayStation 3 video game box in November, and Toyota Motors posted a record profit for 2005.

Video game fans eagerly awaiting Sony Corporation's next-generation PlayStation will be able to buy it on November 11 in Japan, and November 17 in North America and Europe.

Sony officials say there will be two versions of PS3: a 20-gigabyte version that will cost $499, and a larger, 60-gigabyte version for $599.

The new PlayStation will cost $100 more than Microsoft's competing machine, the Xbox 360. But Takaaki Noguchi, manager of Japan's Totsu Sangyo Company, which distributes Sony products, predicts great success for the PS3.

"It will do well, regardless of Microsoft's game, because it is more cutting edge than any other computer game machine on the market today," he said. "I feel PS3 will be popular, especially because it has high resolution and a huge capacity. In other words, PS3 will lead the market."

It looks like Sony has their projected vision of what will happen in the console wars. What I find interesting is, they didn't even mention Nintendo in any of this small but noteworthy article. It raises many questions in my mind it does. What do you guys think? PS3 already has a very impressive lineup of games coming out for it shortly after it's launch, including Metal Gear Solid 4. Will PS3 be as good or better then xBox 360 or Nintendo Wii?

Things to consider:

-Costs of each console.
-Games of each console.
-Capabilities of each console.

Personally, I'm going with Wii. For a number of reasons but I'll list my main ones. The cost is rumored to be significantly less then PS3 or XBox 360. I've heard and read from a number of sources that it's cost will be no less then 300 dollars. Whether that's true or not I don't know. But thats one good reason. Second, it's Nintendo. That means all my favorite games will be on it in the neat future. And third, ity's retro-outfitted to play other Nintendo Console Games. This (hopefully) means I can play my loving SNES or GC Collection on it and be a happy panda. :D

I love the Playstation Consoles. The games are great, but my roots remain with Nintendo. XBox is a system I never had the chance to own or play extensively, but it's also very fun. Overall, I think it's going to be very close. :)

L

Laharl

regardless of Microsoft's game
I thought they were releasing a console.

more cutting edge
Sure, whatever you say. *Cough* Wii *Cough*

$100 more than Microsoft's competing machine
Or $400 more than Nintendo's. Almost half a thousand dollars right there.

high resolution and a huge capacity
But does it make up for Sony's lack of a game base?

didn't even mention Nintendo
Why mention a competently made console?

XBox is a system I never had the chance to own or play extensively, but it's also very fun.
Since when was the HaloBox fun?

I love the Playstation Consoles.
Nothing good since Twisted Metal 3. Sadly I need to buy them for my collection.

Lastly:

In other words, PS3 will lead the market.
No sane person would ever buy a half thousand dollar console. Sorry.

L

Laharl

As I said, Sony has had nothing good since Twisted Metal 3 (Which wasn't as good as 2, but that's another topic).

Heaven forfend that they need to give it a reasonable price, and stop ripping people off.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't agree with the "no good games since TM3" remark, but I do agree with the price being too high, BluRay or not.

L

Laharl

You know, if I were to sell off all eleven of my consoles (Fairly good price for them, too) and all of my games for them (Again, fairly good price) I still wouldn't be able to afford a PS3 at that price. That, my friends, is a grade "A" rip off.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Sir, Twisted Metal Black owned. Don't go dissing the sexy games or I'll slap you. :p

I didn't play Halo a lot on xBox actually. The oppertunities that I got to play it were at my friend Wesleys house, since he has 2 or 3 modded ones with tons of games on them. I really loved the Star Wars Battlefront Series, Crimson Skies (neat airplane game <3) and a few others I can't remember. He had so many games it was hard to actually stick to one. :p

Also, I believe people will buy PS3. There's a lot of wallets waiting to purchase one, Mr. Miles. Since you don't know the millions of people who want one, I don't think you can make such claims as ''No one would buy a half thousand dollar console'' when in fact, they are and will. Sony has quite a big fan base, and if Final Fantasy games are on PS3, or any other neat game franchises (Twisted Metal anyone) I would most likely buy one as well.

Maybe everyone else is crazy, but I don't think your opinion should be so hostile or extreme to those who want something besides the Nintendo Wii. ;)

L

Laharl

Oh, I'm not really into Nintendo either. But they seem to be the only competently run business left in this market. I actually would prefer Sega to be back. Note that I did say "Sane". I think that the Nintendo Wii is the only reasonably priced "Next Gen" console.

L

Laharl

"Many Others" = graphic whores.

Nintendo's consoles consistently cost $200 on release. I'm bagging on them continueing the pattern.

I STILL want Sega back.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Guess What!?

Sega Games will be available for download from Wii along with Nintendo games

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Personally if I had a choice between the thre consoles, i would get a PS3. I like the games that came out for playstation better than those for Xbos or Nintendo, and I dont see 600 dollars being disgustingly overpriced. Here is why:

1) Blu-Ray DVD will most likely be over 600 dollars on release (saving me money, and the 600 dollar package is a Blu-Ray Burner)
2) try to get a computer as good as the PS3 for under 1,000.

HGonestly, i thought this system would be atleast 800$...I WAS SURPRISED IT WAS SO LOW.

L

Laharl

REALLY?! Hot shit! I now REALLY love Nintendo. Heil Nintendo!

Will Sonic games be available on it? If so... Oh god... I'm drooling.

_JaKE

Reaction score
yes, it will BFH, erm...miles, Wii will have NES, SNES, N64, Genisis, Turbo Grafx, and rumored that Neo Geo will join, up for download.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
I haven't been a fan of Nintendo since their Game Boy days, and I've never been a fan of Xbox games. I guess I'll just wait for the PS3 to drop down to a reasonable price.

Biske

Reaction score
Nicholas The Slide said:
2) try to get a computer as good as the PS3 for under 1,000.
Well that's a silly thing to say. Right now, yes, but in a year or two, PC's will be above and beyond the PS3's capabilities, and much more worth the price tag. The PS3's price may seem a steal, but we still don't know if BluRay will sink or swim, and if it goes ala Beta...

L

Laharl

I'm getting a computer three times as powerful, for twice the price. Steal? Of course not. In fact the computer is capable of much, much more.

Now the only thing I need to hear is that Nintendo is releasing a hand held that will allow me to play game gear games on it.

Biske

Reaction score
Well, it's already certainly possible with the DS, I suppose. Download the games onto a memory card, and they could release an adaptor or something for the DS to boot up that card, and boom, there you go.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
I buy consoles because they're cheaper than constantly upgrading a computer.

As they keep raising the prices of their machines I have lost all interest.