PS3 - here we go

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If XBox 360 kills the PS2 within 6 months, then I will deem it dominant.

It will be interesting, if worrying, if Microsoft does manage to control the handheld market too.*

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Microjoke isn't going to dominate anything unless they can pull of decent sales in Japan.

L

Laharl

Which they aren't going to either, and from what I see and hear... Nintendo IS.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
If anything there won't be anyone who's going to dominate this gen. Equal Market share for everyone, Nintendo will still be in 3rd place though B)

Alright maybe second place, with 360 not too far behind :butterfly

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Microjoke isn't going to dominate anything unless they can pull of decent sales in Japan.
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4037&Itemid=2 said:
Xbox 360 is suddenly lighting up retail tills in Japan. Pre-orders began for the company’s Blue Dragon bundle yesterday with many retailers reporting a sell-out.
The special edition, of which there are about 10,000 units, sold out almost immediately, with the further 90,000 standard units selling fast. Next-Gen spoke to a number of retailers in Tokyo who reported brisk sales or sell-outs of allocations.

The bundle includes an Xbox 360 core system with Blue Dragon as well as other bundled games for a bargain-basement 29,800 yen. The special edition features various freebies including a faceplate.

This bundle is a last desperate gamble by Mirosoft to break the Japanese market, whch has hitherto shown little or no inclination to be swayed. But Blue Dragon has been winning plaudits across Japan. Expected severe shortages of PS3 will only adding to the allure of this bundle.
They already did.
Oh, by the way, the 90k standards are already sold out, they sold out the day AFTER it went on sale. The 10k special editions sold out (reportedly) faster than PS3 presales in America.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
That is a good start but..

Wii is going to steamroll over that and PS3 could achieve those numbers in a matter of seconds. And considering how cheap the 360 is there i'm not surprised the BD bundle sold out, seing as the game is Blue Dragon after all. PS3 doesn't even have anything interesting for the japanese besides RR7 and it still sold out within minutes.

After the other two consoles is released people won't really care about 360 anymore in japan, except when Lost Oddesey releases. Maybe then MS can pull of another 100k!!1

Edited :sleepy

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
They'll lose. :-/

I know this because Sony tried, and they got trampled too. DS > PSP.
In terms of sales, yes. But not in a large margin you thought the DS had over PSP.

But the quality of the games, that's arguable.