PS2 God of War 2 confirmed

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The graphics are awesome, the gameplay's awesome (and easy to control), and the music, oh the music...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I don't understand how you guys can honestly say DMC3 was the best in the series.

If Dante wasn't such a ****** in 3, and more like how he was in 1, then I could see that. But he wasn't. He was some flaming douchebag who thought he was gods gift to mankind.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
OH I GET IT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF YOU'RE SO CLEVAR111

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
SouLeSS said:
I don't understand how you guys can honestly say DMC3 was the best in the series.

If Dante wasn't such a ****** in 3, and more like how he was in 1, then I could see that. But he wasn't. He was some flaming douchebag who thought he was gods gift to mankind.
The cocky, teenage attitude just added to the experience, at least to me. I just can't picture the old-school Dante surfing around on the back of a Kalina Ann missile. He'd just shoot it out of the air. The sometimes obnoxious excess of personality that the kid Dante suffers makes the game all the more real, and entertaining.

And GoW update: Beat the lower level of Pandora Temple...I was pissed when all that light lined up, and the statue started freaking out, and there was an entire new level to go through ABOVE the temple...oh well...Now I've done a few things at the Architect's Tomb, figuring out how to pin each button in place.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Well, I beat it on Mortal. Pretty much owned the Hell outta Ares. But now, I come to a problem...

The Challenges of the Gods. They're definitely...challenging. And when you work so hard, and more by luck than by skill manage to get to Challenge 6, and die, and accidentally PRESS THE QUIT BUTTON, a slight problem occurs in the form of a massive surge of homicidal rage. Then, the anger fades and there is only emptiness...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

LeapOfFaith

J'Kar Fanboi
Reaction score
Man you got to 6 Im only able to get to 2. I will beat it before you.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Good luck. I'm at level 8. Not easy. Wave after wave of blue Gorgons and those irritating yellow spiky Undead Soldiers.

A tip about level 2: Rage of the Gods early, and make FULL USE of the unlimited magic while in RotG to bring out some heavy Army of Hades. Use hard-hitting combos like "HOLD(L1 + O)" in midair.

Oh, btw...level 7...hee hee. Two minotaurs, about a dozen spiky Undead Soldiers, and you have the wonderful task of killing all enemies without being touched once. Took me so damn long.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Try beating the game in God Mode, then you can talk to me.

I didn't play the challenge of the gods, though. I was so damn tired of the game after killing Ares in God Mode (nearly impossible, the family part), I shut down the game and have not played ever since.

I think it's time to dig it back up, when I get home next week.

LeapOfFaith

J'Kar Fanboi
Reaction score
I got to level 5 of CoG and I got mad and turned the game off. But Im where you have to fight the cyclops in athens where theres only one the there is two .Man I cant beat these guys on God mode.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Level 5...is that the one with the ballista, the six Undead, and the 3 humans? Ugh. I was a freaking expert sharpshooter when it came to the humans, but the Undead would evade me endlessly. Once I got my timing down, it wasn't too hard...but up to that point...yeesh.

I also hated the spinning vertical columns in Hades. I'd get so high, then get trapped into a blade and go plummeting all the way down again. Sometimes if I was near the edge, the game would glitch, and I'd get pushed through the wall and fall into nothingness, dying. Suxxorz.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
TrongaMonga said:
Try beating the game in God Mode, then you can talk to me.

I didn't play the challenge of the gods, though. I was so damn tired of the game after killing Ares in God Mode (nearly impossible, the family part), I shut down the game and have not played ever since.

I think it's time to dig it back up, when I get home next week.
They're too soft to do that.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'll get to God mode. So shut the **** up. You don't know jack ****ing shit about how "soft" I am, so quit acting like you're the ****ing shit, it's really ****ing annoying.

I'm working of Challenge of the Gods #10. Let me let this be known to all. You listening? Good.

I @$*%ing HATE SATYRS!

Especially when there are two of them, you, and a pack of baby Cerberuses on a TINY little platform. They throw you, you're dead. They start to hit you at all, you're dead, because they are unblockable, unevadeable, and they don't stop hitting you until you're completely pushed off the platform. Allow me to say it again.

I @$*%ing HATE SATYRS!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Poseidon power ftw.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Too bad you're too soft to start the game on the hardest difficulty. You gotta play on the bitch modes first few times through.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I get a feel for it with Mortal. Then, I gradually build myself up through the other modes. I'm probably gonna skip Hero, and go to Spartan. And btw, the Challenges are set to God Mode difficulty. And I'm on 10/10. Eat me.

And yes, Poseidon's Rage would be nice, but it's at lowest level and does jack diddly. I'll see though. L1+X, L1+O works nicely, as do Square, HoldSquare. Or Plume of Prometheus. I have good strats, it's just hard to get them in when two God-Mode Satyrs are doing their damnedest to push you off.

EDIT: Heh, too bad Poseidon's Rage won't work at all...no magic is allowed in this Challenge. All I have is Lvl 5 Blades of Chaos and Lvl 1 Sword of Artemis.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Man, I have no idea what the hell I press when I play the game... :p

I'm a button basher, and it works damn well.

Altough I usually hit them soft, but hit them quick.