PS2 God of War 2 confirmed

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Gamespot said:
New issue of Game Informer confirms rumors that Kratos will return to Sony's current-generation console.
Last month, rumors spread that God of War was getting a sequel. The source of the scuttlebutt was a report on Eurogamer.net, which cited leaked Sony Computer Entertainment Europe marketing materials that revealed the untitled follow-up to the now-budget-priced actioner would be released in the US next February.

However, the marketing materials allegedly said that, like God of War, its sequel would be released for the PlayStation 2. Though the first game's current-generation graphics wowed critics, the Eurogamer.net report dashed hopes that the series might debut on the PlayStation 3, which sports a much beefier GPU.

When the article--which was removed under legal threat from SCEE--broke, Sony Computer Entertainment America reps dismissed it as "rumor and speculation." However, this week, anyone who has seen a copy of Game Informer magazine now knows that God of War 2 is indeed in the works. On its cover, the new issue of the Minnesota-based monthly proclaims that "Kratos returns to the PlayStation 2."

Since its release in March 2005, God of War has received many awards, including top honors at the 2006 Interactive Achievement Awards and GameSpot's PlayStation 2 Game of the Year prize.
I have the GI issue. It looks uber-badass. I must buy the first one, play it, then anxiously await the sequel.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Curious, I downloaded the soundtrack of GoW yesterday....

Coincidence.

If the game is just as good as the first, I'll get it the first day it's out.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
Curious, I downloaded the soundtrack of GoW yesterday....

Coincidence.

If the game is just as good as the first, I'll get it the first day it's out.
thats a good soundtrack.

and yeah. i have gow1 and i plan on buying gow2. there is a seal on the ground at the end ofthe first one that might show something in the new game.

LeapOfFaith

J'Kar Fanboi
Reaction score
I own GOW 1 its freaking awesome. But Ill have to wait until I get a job before I get GOW2.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
LeapOfFaith just handed me God of War 1, and I plan to play it nonstop as soon as I get home.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Yep like in 5 seconds. That game was just so badass. Right up their with KH, and FF for me.

Can't imagine what they would do to top the first one. I mean he is a freakin GOD now. How do you kill a god?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Make a shitty Prequel that totally ruins the main character ala DMC3.

Or a really shitty sequel where you can control some dumb bitch with weird weapons ala DMC2

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hey. Don't you even diss any part of the DMC franchise where I can read it.

And yes, I have been playing GoW...and am hooked. Currently working on fixing that ballista in order to blow through a door on the rooftops of Athens. Just where I had to quit. I love this game with passion.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
the sequel, i am thinkng, will be like god vs god. where like Chronos gets mad then you have to kill the father of gods.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Actually, according to the GameInformer article I read, a conspiracy amongst the gods ends up stripping Kratos of his power, and so he decides to take over his own destiny, and he goes questing to take up his issues with the only entities that command the gods: the Fates.

It actually has a fairly solid storyline, and the screens I've seen look absolutely stunning. Game mechanics are seriously pumped up, too. I saw shots where he was hanging from the ceiling of a room, fighting off enemies climbing around him.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Dear god .... of war! That looks so bad ass it might actually be better then the first one. Although I doubt it, since I have such high praise of the game my expectations might me for nothing, but a run of the mill sequal. If anything it looks to be as good as the first one, which I guess is good enough.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
J'kar said:
Hey. Don't you even diss any part of the DMC franchise where I can read it.

And yes, I have been playing GoW...and am hooked. Currently working on fixing that ballista in order to blow through a door on the rooftops of Athens. Just where I had to quit. I love this game with passion.
2 and 3 both sucked.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
3 Ruined the character that was there in 1. 2 was just crap all around.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
As far as just plain gameplay goes, 3 owned all other games in existence. Sweet story, graphics, badassity, and sheer pwnage. You will not change my mind on this.

However, GoW is a close second as to my favorite game now. Been playing two days...and I'm now in Pandora's Temple, just recieved the Handle of Atlas. Figuring out what I'm doing with it, now.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 3 was by far the best DMC game yet, even though i liked 1 alot. Special Edition just rocks so much. Vergil > Dante

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
J'kar said:
As far as just plain gameplay goes, 3 owned all other games in existence. Sweet story, graphics, badassity, and sheer pwnage. You will not change my mind on this.

However, GoW is a close second as to my favorite game now. Been playing two days...and I'm now in Pandora's Temple, just recieved the Handle of Atlas. Figuring out what I'm doing with it, now.
Damn, you're slow :D

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hey, man...I only get to play a couple hours a day. I've been busy. Good game though, returned LeapOfFaith's today and bought my own yesterday. Good ****ing game.