Proxy's?

Jonolche

Reaction score
I need help with proxy's. I wanted to connect more than 4 bots but I found out you need proxy's to do it. Here are my questions:
What are proxy's?
What are the proxy's for starcraft?
What programs can I download to find starcraft proxy's?
Is there a limit to how many proxies there are on starcraft?
Do you need starcrafts server address? If so what is it?
Help please!

FotL_WanD4

Member!
Reaction score
proxies will have nothing to do with it (basically a proxie is an intermediate between a user and a server. it coinsides with the user recieving requests from the server to see if its able to fullfill any and then passes it on, used on mainframes for networks in larger companies and schools). unfortunatly battlenet has a feature for the starcraft game, that no more than 1 mac add per ip. that means no more than 1 computer behind a router going out onto the net may log onto battle.net via starcraft. theres been rumors of changing something in the registry but i dont know about that. possibly you could take multiple computers, hook it up to a switch and connect the switch to your cable allowing each computer to have its own wan somehow, by masking them or something but other than that, 1 person has 1 wan ip designated from the ISP. hope that helps. in the long and short of it, proxies dont play anypart in starcraft

skyglow2

Member!
Reaction score
They play part when it comes into flooding and loading. Thats when you need to use more cd keys at once, and there is a limit to how many cd keys you can have for each ip, so you use proxies to be bale to use more keys. Also, if you get ipbanned, your normal Ip doesn't get banned. Only the proxy gets banned.

skyglow1

skyglow2

Member!
Reaction score
Alot from that SOCKS 4 list have been already IP banned. I try all the programs for getting the poxies, and bnet verfied them but they still don't work.

skyglow1