Pretty cool Tournament Realm

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
I don't know what BF's policy as far as non-Blizzard run WoW servers goes, but I thought I should post it as it's a pretty sweet server.

Linky

Basically, it's an entirely PvP orientated server, focusing on s3-s4. You start off at level 70 with full s3 gear, and play arena to obtain titles and s4 gear. While there's obviously a handful of noobs, there's some pretty highly skilled players on the server. The one big downside is recently the server got moved to Europe, so the only times it's really playable for someone in North America is like 5-10 am server time, making it after midnight for most people. There's other small downsides such a bugs, but they actually have a team working to fix them, so they're not bugged for eternity.

So, y'know, if you liked S4 and don't like the way arena currently is in WotLK, definitely something you should check out.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
PvP sux when naxxramas

Octopor

Reaction score
pve is a joke, bunch of clickers running around clicking five buttons for an entire fight

pvp's whur it's at mang

Spunch

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Ya Blizzard does not like private servers. No money for them.

I wouldnt be surprised if the forums actually had a rule against endorsing them.

=/

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Eh, this is the first time i've actually enjoyed PvP and it's WotLK. Yeah, i was pretty bad at it, but i was pretty fucking good at PvE on the other side of the coin. And when it comes to Warrior PvP, you're pretty much pushing less, or just as little buttons as Warrior PvE.

Octopor

Reaction score
Eh, this is the first time i've actually enjoyed PvP and it's WotLK. Yeah, i was pretty bad at it, but i was pretty fucking good at PvE on the other side of the coin. And when it comes to Warrior PvP, you're pretty much pushing less, or just as little buttons as Warrior PvE.
(not including battle shout, commanding shout, death wish, trinkets etc.)

Warrior PvE in TBC - 3-4 button rotation, always in Berserker Stance. I'll throw in a generous button of haste pots and one more for whatever else.
Warrior PvP in TBC - Throw, Charge, Intercept, Taunt, Challenging Shout, Sunder Armor, Spell Reflect, Intervene, Mortal Strike, Hamstring, Rend, Overpower, Demoralizing Shout, Piercing Howl, Intimidating Shout, Thunder Clap, Battle Stance, Defensive Stance, Berserker Stance. Then there's Focus Intercept and Focus Pummel, plus your Sword and Board macro and your 2-hand macro. All these buttons and some others are used at 2k (on the server) which translates to what was about 2.3k on live back in the day.

MMORGHunter

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
IMO MMORPG private servers are only focusing on PVP's and BOSS Hunts though most of the boss item drops are availabel on shopping mall. if there are any on the game.

Octopor

Reaction score
what an insightful post that's not even remotely close to what this topic is about