Preschool theorycrafters

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ice Barrier is completly useless in 70 PvE, yes.

And you should watch your aggro, so if what you're saying is that you do so much dps (which is what matters, not overall damage) the tank can't hold it, then it's either because a) you do too much burst damage, which you shouldn't be doing, or b) the tank sucks and doesn't know how to get threat during the fight.

In any case, I must also add that the reason for that build was not only because of Ice Block, but rather also for Crowd Control. Yes, Frost Nova is a crowd control spell I'm actually very fond of, as well as Blizzard. We mages are DPSers and CCers. I don't really like to gimp one for another, but I'm gimping CC now in order to get dps. So far, I've already missed Imp Blizzard + Permafrost, on Karazhan AoE encounters. It can actually be good.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Talk to Renzo about mages pulling aggro because the "tank sucks". If a tank ****s his rotation up (miss/dodge/parry/resist) at the start, a lot of the time the mob will go STRAIGHT for the mage.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Saying 'tank sucks' does not include misses and otherwise random stuff. I'm only talking about lack of sunders and whatever is it that tanks can do to gain aggro.

Evidently, there is also bad luck, but we shouldn't go that way :p

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Doesn't blizzard do pez damage?

Edit - Tronga is newb. Pez: Crap, terrible, worthless, etc (For this context anyway).

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It does, and spends lots of mana. But it slows down mobs to 75% speed if talented. That's quite slow indeed.

Edit: Ranzo is newb. He knows why :(

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
You're a ****ing idiot. I'm not going to blow a 5minute cooldown just to avoid dying for 8 more seconds. Thats completely pointless. And if you're saying a mage is bad if he's pulling aggro off the main tank, then you're insulting every one of us here. And trust me, we're much better than you.

Not to mention that Lolshield only absorbs what, 750 dmg at the cost of 1500mana? Yeah, that 750 dmg really saved me when a mob in say heroic slavepens hits me for 5000. :rolleyes:
Your running out of excuses, not to mention they suck.

If you know what your doing thats not to avoid dying for 8 more seconds even though thats what some mages use it for, its an amazing talent if you know how to play. And pulling aggro off the tank means you must have gotten some crazy fireball and ignites even though ignite is bugged atm, and got more threat and pulled aggro, there is a reason why someone created threat meters, use them. And better then me? I would love to see you try.

Doesn't blizzard do pez damage?

Edit - Tronga is newb. Pez: Crap, terrible, worthless, etc (For this context anyway).
Rank 1 is amazing to uncovered stealthed noobs.