Preschool theorycrafters

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
More threat? Just get KTM and don't be newb.

I think you're too scared to actually come first in a damage meter.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Sorry ment to do this.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=kf0VZxguzfccReRt0h

PvE fire dps w/ some pvp intrest.

Why not two points in Imp Frost Nova too, instead of the rest of two points in Ice Shards? ;)

And I agree with Ranzogaga, Frostbite instead of Piercing Ice, if all you're doing is rank1 FB.

That way, it's actually an interesting build. But I ask again, what do you want Combustion for?

I'd go this way perhaps:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZVgMzfccReMZVhGbof0o

--Edit--

And how do you do on raids? Full scorch all the way? Spamming buttons isn't that fun :/

One other thing, with all that extra crit on scorch, it involves more dps indeed. That means more threat. Isn't it too careless perhaps?
I still dont understand what your shooting for spec wise it looks like your want to pvp/pve/farm etc but whatever.

Oh and... have i gotten a mage past 40?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, we all have 10k damage on Curator :p

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Someone ebayed :rolleyes

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
lol souless your such a ****ing moron, if you had any brain cells left you might acutally have some common sence, be ignorant more imo.

Yeah, we all have 10k damage on Curator :p
No shit? /sigh.

You guys are like blond girls.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You said that if you're going frost, you're going for Ice Barrier. Again, you're an idiot.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
lol souless your such a ****ing moron, if you had any brain cells left you might acutally have some common sence, be ignorant more imo.

No shit? /sigh.

You guys are like blond girls.
Erm, why showing critline then? Yes, I am blonde, just not girl.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Why not? And besides not like i can filter bosses.

You said that if you're going frost, you're going for Ice Barrier. Again, you're an idiot.
Ice barrier is amazing for pvp, only reason for iceblock is for pvp. Now the spec he chose would be fine for... pvp but the thing is though he split his talents, so he gimps his damage both ways for surv. but i guess that the choice of ones play style, I personally love to nuke people, and have bitchs for healers so i dont give a **** what people try and hurt me with.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Iceblock is not PvP only. It removes dots and most special effects, boss including. It's really helpful for our healers.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
I understand that, but your gimping your dps for it is what im trying to say.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Sean pointed something kinda funny out. This thread is directed at him and has 2 pages and not a single post is his. He said he basically agrees with my first post..how people tote off certain builds as the end all be all of builds when it's all preference.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
He is right :p

The only reason his name is in the title is because he thought I was an arcane mage, when I wasn't.

And still, I do not see any harm in discussin talent points. You guys see problems everywhere.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Why not? And besides not like i can filter bosses.

Ice barrier is amazing for pvp, only reason for iceblock is for pvp. Now the spec he chose would be fine for... pvp but the thing is though he split his talents, so he gimps his damage both ways for surv. but i guess that the choice of ones play style, I personally love to nuke people, and have bitchs for healers so i dont give a **** what people try and hurt me with.
Are you ****ing serious? Ice Block is only for PVP? What are you, a retard? Seriously, I hardly EVER used Iceblock in PVP, wanna know why? Cause it's just an 8 second "LOL YOU CANT TOUCH ME BUT I CANT DO ANYTHING EITHER". Iceblock is a GODSEND in PVE when you somehow grab aggro, or your tank dies (5mans) and the boss has just a sliver of life left.

I honestly can't even begin to count the amount ofd times I've used IB in an "oh shit" situation in PvE, nor can I ever recall a fullscale PVP bout where I used it for anything other than wiping dots.

Seriously, how's it feel to be outed as an EBayer?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's also great for PvP, it removes pretty much everything (even polymorph). But yes, it's great for PvE too. Iceblock is great for everything.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Are you ****ing serious? Ice Block is only for PVP? What are you, a retard? Seriously, I hardly EVER used Iceblock in PVP, wanna know why? Cause it's just an 8 second "LOL YOU CANT TOUCH ME BUT I CANT DO ANYTHING EITHER". Iceblock is a GODSEND in PVE when you somehow grab aggro, or your tank dies (5mans) and the boss has just a sliver of life left.

I honestly can't even begin to count the amount ofd times I've used IB in an "oh shit" situation in PvE, nor can I ever recall a fullscale PVP bout where I used it for anything other than wiping dots.

Seriously, how's it feel to be outed as an EBayer?
Are you ****ing serious? Why yes it is, and sometimes pve.. so yes you are retarted! Seriously you should start because iceblock removes dots debuffs and can save your life if you have friends around, or hell its also nice to iceblock to wait for your cooldowns to come up. And when you somehow grab aggro is because you dont watch your threat meters and you pull aggro like the noob you are, or if tank dies? you blink away and use mana sheild.

Your still gimping your dps to grab iceblock for pve. And the pvp problem is that you prolly dont pvp.

Seriously, how's it feel to be a complete moron that dosent know how to play the game?

:lol3

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Btw, I am now arcane/fire, testing it out. It does gives a lot more damage. But Iceblock's utility is unquestionable, PvP or PvEwise. I do agree however that it gimps damage.

I seldom use it for melee defense (from raids or from players), but simply as a debuffer. It's what it really is. However, IceBlock works wonders in AoE zones, where you have to kill plenty of mobs and the heal just isn't enough (let's be honest, not everyone's a great player, eh?). I use it to have a chance for an heal, then I frost nova.

Now stop discussing who's the best mages, because seriously that's just dumb. Each mage to his game, ffs.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Arcane / Fire is the best raid dps you can get depending how you spec'd, but i love deep fire and is 2nd best raid dps possiable.

there is a mage however i idle by the name of Vurtne, google vid him.

His skill at playing a mage is amazing.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I know who Vurtne is, he's in my Battlegroup. I don't recall ever seeing him, though, but I've seen his movies. He's skilled, yes, but don't rate someone for his movies. He'll post the twenty best victories out of a thousand fights. That only means he PvPs a lot.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Are you ****ing serious? Why yes it is, and sometimes pve.. so yes you are retarted! Seriously you should start because iceblock removes dots debuffs and can save your life if you have friends around, or hell its also nice to iceblock to wait for your cooldowns to come up. And when you somehow grab aggro is because you dont watch your threat meters and you pull aggro like the noob you are, or if tank dies? you blink away and use mana sheild.

Your still gimping your dps to grab iceblock for pve. And the pvp problem is that you prolly dont pvp.

Seriously, how's it feel to be a complete moron that dosent know how to play the game?

:lol3
You're a ****ing idiot. I'm not going to blow a 5minute cooldown just to avoid dying for 8 more seconds. Thats completely pointless. And if you're saying a mage is bad if he's pulling aggro off the main tank, then you're insulting every one of us here. And trust me, we're much better than you.

Not to mention that Lolshield only absorbs what, 750 dmg at the cost of 1500mana? Yeah, that 750 dmg really saved me when a mob in say heroic slavepens hits me for 5000. :rolleyes: