TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's no comment, mate, at least say why :p

Bloody aussies.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Frost/Fire specs just seem like they clash. I prefer the power of PoM/Combustion specs.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Those aggro a lot, IceBlock is great for debuff removal. For example, it works in Illestrial whathisname boss in Karazhan, the satyr. He's got those chains that will damage the hell out of ya, and the whole group has to kill hem. Well, I can just puff them out of me, it's really a great add.

And I got imp. Blizzard and stuff for AoE encounters, this is a PvE built.

And Blazing Speed for imbahness.

coRt, respecc for that and install this. Awesome addon :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Why's that?

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Your wasting a bunch of points for a skill thats amazing yes, but your not getting any benefit really from any other skills other then frost nova, your points are better spent else where.. the real reason to go frost is for ice barrier so if i was you i'd dump the 15% extra fire spell dmg and get it, otherwise i dont get it,thus it makes my eyes bleed..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=kf0VZxghzfcfkeRt0h

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Real reason to go frost is Ice Barrier? Eh, not at all. Not for me at least. And they aren't wasted, as I said, I have permafrost and Imp. Blizzard for AoE encounters and farming (yes, farming), which also involves mana reduction since it helps on AoE raid encounters, since I do blizzard (15% less mana on blizzard is a lot of mana).

As for Imp. Frostbolt, I had to choose 5 points, so I choose that because it's also very helpful to have a 1 sec cast kite gun (rank1 Frostbolt). Trust me, it helps a lot.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Your wasting a bunch of points for a skill thats amazing yes, but your not getting any benefit really from any other skills other then frost nova, your points are better spent else where.. the real reason to go frost is for ice barrier so if i was you i'd dump the 15% extra fire spell dmg and get it, otherwise i dont get it,thus it makes my eyes bleed..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=kf0VZxghzfcfkeRt0h
You're a ****ing idiot. Have you ever played a mage past 40?

Edit; Tronga, swap Imp Firebolt and Impact. Scorch//Frostbolt everything to death, it's much more effective.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
If I'd do that, I'd also remove Empowered Fireball. In order for that to be that effective I would need Emp Frostbolt which is impossible.

I don't understand why you say Scorch's more effective, though. Maybe less mana, yes, but it's also a bit less DPS. MPH it compensates, but not that much. And fireball with combustion is actually better than scorch with combustion I believe.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Personally I don't see why people tote talent builds off as if they make e-peens bigger. Least that's how people seem to act. As long as you're not putting talent points in the most useless shit like wand specialization you're pretty much gonna do fine. Most all of the talents are useful and good to take that's why a lot of people for deep specs go into 46-51 talents..because everything rocks..it's just a matter of play preference. I don't see the big debate. =\

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Mike, I believe this build would be more of what you say:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=kZVgMzfccReRZVhMhsc0o

But still, is scorch really that better?
For elemental, I prefer this build.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZVgMzfccReRZVA0coc0o

With mid +fire dmg (around 750) scorch is better, once you hit around 850 though, firebolt starts to improve more than scorch, DPM wise. If you're anything over 1k fire dmg, you'll really notice it, but chances are you won't be that high, which is where scorch will be better.

I personally used this build for a long while for grinding mobs. Frostbolt rank 1, scorch 3 times, FB1, repeate. They'd be dead very very fast, and, as you said, FB1 is a kiting godsend.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Personally I don't see why people tote talent builds off as if they make e-peens bigger. Least that's how people seem to act. As long as you're not putting talent points in the most useless shit like wand specialization you're pretty much gonna do fine. Most all of the talents are useful and good to take that's why a lot of people for deep specs go into 46-51 talents..because everything rocks..it's just a matter of play preference. I don't see the big debate. =\
For discussion sake?

And Mike, what do you want Ice Shards and Piercing Ice if you're doing FB rank1? It's not really relevant. But I can see where you're going.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Scorch x5 for the debuffs (Assuming you're with fire mages or destruction lock) then FB.

Actually ment to put Frostbite instead of Ice Shards, wasn't paying attention.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Why not two points in Imp Frost Nova too, instead of the rest of two points in Ice Shards? ;)

And I agree with Ranzogaga, Frostbite instead of Piercing Ice, if all you're doing is rank1 FB.

That way, it's actually an interesting build. But I ask again, what do you want Combustion for?

I'd go this way perhaps:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZVgMzfccReMZVhGbof0o

--Edit--

And how do you do on raids? Full scorch all the way? Spamming buttons isn't that fun :/

One other thing, with all that extra crit on scorch, it involves more dps indeed. That means more threat. Isn't it too careless perhaps?