Post Your UI

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I figure instead of making 500000 posts in the screenshot thread we could have UI screenies go here.

I am always tweaking my UI. I can't stop it's an addiction. I was on a perilous search for a UI style for myself that both looked nice and was fully functional for my playstyle.

On the official WoW forums in the UI and Macro forum they have a post your UI screenshot thread. One person in particular has a UI setup that everyone loves.

This is the first setup he did:

This is the second setup he did:

I decided I loved his second setup. I downloaded his UI that he posted for everyone, and to my surprise his settings here all weird in the WTF folder. Not only was nothing set into place, but his second UI setup was not even in the DART/DUF profiles.

His first setup (as I've posted) was, though, but it was all cluster****ed as well. I spent literally 4 or more hours trying to convert his first UI setup into his second UI setup using DART/DUF and I was eventually able to replicate it. Then, once I did such I modified it a little to my own tastes. (Mostly took out player/pet/ToT unit frames and replaced them with my HUD, and tweaked the action bar setup/art.)

So, after all that time, I hope to god I can bring myself to stick with this setup. I love it a whole lot..it's very nice imo.

Note: Casting bar is above pet bar, and party frames/art are obviously set as well just can't see them.

(w/o target)

(w/ target)

Note: I just noticed that I need to make a DART frame for the SWStats box, and also that my action bars are in one box instead of one box per bar like his setup. I will probably change this. Also, I have no idea how he got his pet bar to scale so well with everything because I couldn't for the life of me. That's why mine is where it's at. Also, FuXPFu is being buggy and won't load. This UI is still in beta phase for me essentially, but it's looking quite nice so far imo.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Personally I don't see why people tote talent builds off as if they make e-peens bigger. Least that's how people seem to act. As long as you're not putting talent points in the most useless shit like wand specialization you're pretty much gonna do fine. Most all of the talents are useful and good to take that's why a lot of people for deep specs go into 46-51 talents..because everything rocks..it's just a matter of play preference. I don't see the big debate. =\
Do change talents to UI and respective changes.

Will post mine when I get home though :p

But you deserve that Jason ;)

--Edit--

Showing that brooch because it's the only gear I have that has crit rating, hit rating and intellect. Got an addon that calculates respective percentages, <3 it.

Reaction score

Sorry for the small SS >.<
Going for minimalist, yet still overly useful. I think i've nailed it.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What do you guys use for the square mini map and to move the chatboxes around and dock them like that?

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

Pretty much the same except with new Party Frames.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Minimap = simpleminimap or squeenix
chatboxes = prat

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up on what addons to use everyone. Until I need to set addons for raiding, this is the UI that I'm sticking with.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Alright. My UI is finally complete. After tweaking it completely and getting everything working right I finally came up with an amazing setup. LOVE IT.

(w/o target)

(w/ target)
(frame under target is target of target frame..Phey didn't have a target.)

Note: FuXPFu isn't working properly (a bug that needs to be worked out from the author..if you hide it or attach to minimap you can't get the bar back even after deleting the saved variables files and reinstalling the addon.) So I have no exp bar for now. (I'll just use bongos or something until it's fixed..)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
He didn't, he wanted to show everyone that he has no originality and copied someones UI pretty much exactly.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Whatever, I think it looks good. But I thought your last one looked good too. Hope you stick with this one for awhile and actually play your character.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
JASON STOP ****ING AROUND WIHT YOUR UI AND LETS INSTANCE :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Whatever, I think it looks good. But I thought your last one looked good too. Hope you stick with this one for awhile and actually play your character.
That made me chuckle irl.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

=D
Edit: That's not my monitor size, I just resize my images so they fit on the screen.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You should change the opacity on your chat boxes. Personal opinion.
That made me chuckle irl.
Haha, I know. Who am I kidding? Jason, you should totally roll another alt!! :)