Post the Last Boss you defeated.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

JUST YOU WAIT TILL MY LAST FORM

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I don't remember this happening. I got to, like, the boss before last back in the day. The old guy with the beam sword as the end of that frozen city.

OT
At the start of disc two when you start learning more about Lynx past, theres literally 1 line of dialog that says something like him destroying with ease the past keepers of the flame (Chrono and company) because he was using the new school magic as opposed to their old ineffective style.

Which is, apparently, why ~90% of the people that hate Chrono Cross hate it for.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Hmmm, well when i was back at home the last boss i killed was either a Tank in L4D or the last boss in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, i forget his name.
Lurther?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
At the start of disc two when you start learning more about Lynx past, theres literally 1 line of dialog that says something like him destroying with ease the past keepers of the flame (Chrono and company) because he was using the new school magic as opposed to their old ineffective style.

Which is, apparently, why ~90% of the people that hate Chrono Cross hate it for.
Yeah, there was that. Hell, there is a part where you use either the Chrono Cross or Mastermune and visit Lucca's house while it's burning (which Lynx is responsible for). The only purpose it served though was re-adding Kid and getting her Level 7 tech.

Speaking of spells, the Element System in Cross has plenty of problems.

For starters, you could only use all your spells once. Unless you used Chrono Cross (which you didnt get until later in disc 2), and one character has a skill to do that (Leena). Which was a problem in many boss fights.

Second, the field effect could work for and against you. Like if the thing was entirely green, then green spells/attacks doubled and yellows (it's weakness) would virtually do no damage.

And third, a vast majority of characters except for the main, and a few you start with will have shit Magic anyways. Your main character is rigged in the end.

I personally liked the game, but there were a few things they could have improved on.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
crash bandicoot is the best playstation game i dont care what any chronic cross players say

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Considering THIS would be the only reason you would want to play it...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I dont get it.
I was refering to the character casting the spell.

Back on topic:

MegaStarky. It is required to get to Terra Tower. And the only White character until you rescue Riddel.

This is also the easiest boss to get UltraNovas off of.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, he was a human - whom the player gives a certian Mushroom to. He then eats it and transforms into that humanoid, gets pissed, and joins the party in hopes there is a way to reverse the effects.

I am using him because he is the only good Yellow character until you get Viper later on. There is also Norris at that point, but his stats were worse than FunGuy's (except Defense, but that was off by 2).

To answer your question: Yes, he is allied.

Actually, some of the reasons why characters join your party are kinda dumb.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
criss ditch that gay shit (apart from that mushroom man) and download crash bandicoot

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Nah. Crash Bandicoot in general is easy. Warped! being the easiest to get 100% on.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Grrr...most recent for me? Some kind of Orc on Rune Factory 2 (decent game if you ask me.)

Before that was probably me killing a protoss traitor while playing the Brood War protoss campaign

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Welcome back Pains.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe. Already (my 2nd post) was given a smart remark by a mod. Thats why I left to begin with.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I thought Miguel was further in the game. I didn't remember very well but I actually got to the end looks like cause I got the chrono cross. I used Nikki and that fucking pirate mostly.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Nikki and Fargo. So basically 2 Blues. Using Fargo is quite common, as he has better stat gains, and doesnt fall into comas like Kid does. Kid is like your early game thief.

Miguel is in the middle of the game, he looks like a fisherman/gardener guy with glasses on. You fight him at the end of the Sea of Eden. However, since you got Chrono Cross - you probably left off in Disc 2 somewhere around Chronopolis (the city with those robots).

The final boss is the Time Devourer. It's basically Lavos with Schala trapped inside a crystal casing on top of it.

Pains said:
Maybe. Already (my 2nd post) was given a smart remark by a mod. Thats why I left to begin with.
Most of the people who could piss you off, are pretty much either gone or banned. Like Eric for instance.

ChrisH36

Reaction score

I got back my human form. And found out that the mage (Leena) who was put on hiadis has only 30 magic, and Fargo had about 28 with more HP/Str and a Steal command.

I had also planned on using Glenn when I got him back.