Post Random Facts about Starcraft :O

L

Laharl

The defiler plague is amazingly very useful zvz, which would seem to be self destructive.

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
whoa i read everything...

In terran tutorial after briefing, dont lcick start, lemon chicken recipe appears. Splash attacks (siege tank) hurts under swarm. G

GOlaithes used to shoot fire/bullets/missles

Thers an attack called eldfire

no one knows why theres a white circle data thingy (open with starforge, and find it)

dessert tar terrain used to be a white thing with pointy rocks

ther used to be a purple archon (merg hihg and dark tempalrs)

vultures used to shoot mines

mutas shoot acid

thats all i can htinkg off

infested terran has zerg armor

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
may be....

probes can fly wth?

There are white doodad things taht are kind of like geysers.... u used to be able to mine them.

THers a dead white robot in badlands terrain. U know wth it is? Doodad

thers a doodad space ship.... you know what it is?

Thers a helicotper landing pad, base door, and a lot of other crap in iceland doodads

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
no one knows why theres a white circle data thingy (open with starforge, and find it)
If you mod the white circle to make it display instead of being invisible, you'll see it when a Firebat attacks with the Flamethrower. It was most likely used to help figure out where the splash radius and attack points of the Flamethrower were in test versions. In releases, they would have set it to invisible.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i dotn remebr the hack but maby it was MH
but when a lurcker attacked it shoot out a zerg becon

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
If you burrow lots of units in the same spot, and then unborrow them, they mix together and clutter, and aren't able to properly spread out for a few seconds. Sucks, because I do it a lot. :(

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
in a madness map u can make a rig force of untis if u do that dark matter :(

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
The Lurker is the only unit that when unburrowing, uses an animation that isn't just the reverse of it burrowing.

The script data for the Glave Wurm uses Initial Burrowed (BurrowInit) headers for the bouncing effect. Because it has to be scripted, you can't make a Glave Wurnm bounce more than 5 times unless you add to the script. Also; if you were to somehow convert the Glave Wurm into a Zerg unitand plreplaced it burrowed on a map, you'd see an incredibly obscure animation if it didn't crash StarCraft.

That Archon uses a different animation depending on how close it is to it's target, there are multiple sized "arms" it uses depending on how close it is to the target.

The sound for the long cinematics in StarCraft are kept in the .SMK file, so if you use "Ctrl M" repeatedly while watching a cinematic, you can start to hear the background music from when the game starts up and it can compeltely screw up the sounds for a while.

If you are in a UMS game and press Cancel in the briefing screen, you'll hear the background music, even if you're on Battle.net where there shouldn't be music.

StarCraft uses an SMK file for the cursor while on the main screen and choosing a map and stuff, but it uses a GRP while you're in-game. This means if you want to edit the cursor in StarCraft, you must edit both of these files.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
im better than DM at starcraft, MUCH better ^^.

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
i didnt read all of the stuff past page 1 :) mainly because of LoN looong tid bits of info, no offense LoN, so you have to tell me if i repeat anything
-scourge and infested terran have cooldown rate (according to the SC guide book)
-scourge and infested terran cdr is lower than that of a siege tank o_O
-archons hover but they cant go over water...
-when you stasis a science vessel, you can see its rank
-when a unit (such as a zealot) is attacked by a unit that it cant see or atk (cloaked/uncloaked wraith), it scampers around
-when you burrow a unit and your opponent builds on top of it, i tihnk it crashes starcraft when you try to unburrow but im not sure...

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
^ maybe i should try that see if it does crash

you can float a drone ( still don't get how)
you can move your command center right next to a mineral patch by trying to build a comsat but run out of cash

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
-when you burrow a unit and your opponent builds on top of it, i tihnk it crashes starcraft when you try to unburrow but im not sure...
it will say "An undetected unit lies where you wish to build" or something like that. I remember first finding it while editing unit attack error messages with Arsenal III. It's one of those rare error messages. If you manage to get a unit burrowed under a building, it will just walk around aimlessly and uncontrollably when you unburrow it; until it is no longer under the building.

If you have a very large map with complex terrain, StarCraft may not allow you to play it saying there are "Too many nooks and crannies."

Move a Siege Tank into a line of workers gathering minerals so that it gets all confused and stacked. Try to move it onto a building or resource node while it's confused with workers in this manner. Siege it while it's on something and it will explode. This is because of a patch preventing the Siege Tank form taking on the HP of a building. Most people don't know it works with any building or resource, not just landing Terran buildings.

If you tell a Terran building to land, and you run Zerg units under it and burrow before it completes landing, the units will explode. This doesn't happen with Lurkers (I assume because they take so long to burrow), but it happens with other burrowable Zerg units.

Use the glitch where you build something with a Terran building in transit. Allow it to complete building and it will have its landing pads facing downwards and the landed shadow showing (however, offset downwards because it is in transit). Try to infest it with Queens. The Queens will go in, but they won't come out. You can try to fill it with Queens. I don't remember well, but I think the Queens come out one by one if you kill it, and StarCraft crashes if someone lands the building; but I'd have to check it, don't take my word on that.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
The Sunken Colony doesn't do it's primary 40 damage to a lot of units. Notice how marines don't die in one hit? :p

Units under a Dark Swarm will still take small damage from Archons due to splash. :)
that is due becuase sunken colonies have explosive damage, but they also have 2 armor... darkswarm is good, but if tanks attack it in siege, the targeted unit isnt hurt, but everything around it is

Guest said:
Archons are easy own with EMP shockwave.
emp takes off all shield, but plasma shield also takes full damage from all attack types..

BTW: is it just me, or does the Alexi Stukov unit end up talking like a normal ghost? for it doenst even talk like alexi after the campain...

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Alexi Stukov was not originally a playable unit and therefore they left all the sound directories as that of the Ghost and didn't add any new sounds. Much like Aldaris.