Post Random Facts about Starcraft :O

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
All workers could Fly untill after late beta

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Starcraft Gameplay Fact: Trojan has killed himself on DBZ cards with a virus card. <.< pwned? I do say.

Game Fact: Blizzard pretty much created on great game. Then got greedy, and took out some features, and made a expansion at a later date out of the taken features. Tilesets/units were all part of the orginal beta. Anyone imagine how cool a true expansion (if the game had stayed in its entireity from beta to release) , an expansion that added new stuff.

Grave Digger

Reaction score
Protoss vs Zerg Games Remind Me Of Alien Vs Predator... [Zerg Being Alien, And Protoss Being Predator]

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Grave Digger said:
Protoss vs Zerg Games Remind Me Of Alien Vs Predator... [Zerg Being Alien, And Protoss Being Predator]
Ahh! My friends always related certain zerg/protoss units to Alien/Predator ones from AVP2 (The game we also play). Like, a cloaked predator would be a Dark Templar, a non-cloaked one with just the wristblade would be a zealot, a zergling is a drone, and the marines and whatnot are self explanitory as they can fit about every infantry spot in SC (Since the marines can get most of the weapons a marine would use on SC, in basic terms. Flame thrower, machine gun, sniper rifle, etc). ^_^;;

If all the units in the game are lagged due to too much firing from unit sprites, bring newly created units to the battlefield and they will attack like normal! (It's what I do when I play Evolves and it happens, a lot. So I had to find a way to fix it). :p

L

Laharl

Photon Cannons used to deal explosive damage until they were patched to dealing
"normal". They were, in essence, immobile dragoons which had no supply cost.

shinosan2121

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
when the drone(the zerg material gathering thing) gathers materials, attack it with other units (while it still has the materials in its teeth, thingies) it will explode when normaly it would just splatter, this doesnt work for svcz and the protoss gatherer, thing, always explode, try using protoss dark arcon, get a human svc, and zerg drone, and use the terran ghost to fire at a group of drons with materials in it, i wonder if they all go KA-----BOOOOOMMM!!! try it, and tell me, or not MUHAHAHA!!! ZERGLING OWNAGE RULEZ!!!

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Good find shinosan, seems that may be a glitch in the iscript or something, I'll look into what causes that, it's an interesting glitch/oversight.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Photon Cannons used to deal explosive damage until they were patched to dealing
"normal". They were, in essence, immobile dragoons which had no supply cost.
Good thing, or else they'd suck. Dragoons deal less damage to medium armored units I think...thats why they have a hard time vs Mutalisks, where they do 10-11 damage instead of 20. :-/

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Actually, on that mineral explosion deal, if you destroy a worker carrying minerals, they blow up with a blue explosion, if you destroy one when they are carrying gas, they go up in a green one. And no, killing on will not set off a chain reaction, if it did, all you'd have to do is kill one worker to effectively **** up your enemies work line, they'd all die if they were close enough.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
and the reason y the reasources blow up with the worker is becasue from alpha to beta u cna pick up droped reasocures when a worker dies

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
The Sunken Colony doesn't do it's primary 40 damage to a lot of units. Notice how marines don't die in one hit? :p

Units under a Dark Swarm will still take small damage from Archons due to splash. :)

L

Laharl

In the beta version of starcraft the Science Vessels had legs, and they probably either hopped or walked around.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Archons are easy own with EMP shockwave.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
The Sunken Colony doesn't do it's primary 40 damage to a lot of units. Notice how marines don't die in one hit?
I would assume that has to do with the Sunken Colonies weapon type, perhaps it's explosion or something; I'm not sure; I'll check with Arsenal tonight.

The GRP files in StarDat and BrooDat are the same as the GRX files from WarCraft II except witha different extension. Because of this; modding WarCraft II units into StarCraft is incredibly easy.

There are unused Terran missions on the original disc. Either one or two extra. They are corrupted; but you can open thwm with third party editors and save to make them playable. I forget what they're about, but it's after the 6th or 7th Terran mission.

If you sit in the terran tutorial briefing for about a minute, it shows random messaged occasionally and eventually gives you a recipe for Chinese Chicken Soup or something. There's no more after that, I checked by extracting the map and looking at the strings, :p.

SCVs, Photon Cannons, Sunken Colonies, Missile Turrets, Psionic Storm, Infested Terrans, and a few other things are upgradeable. Instead of beign set to have no upgrade, they have use one of the "unkown upgrades" in StarCraft that is no longer used. Using StarForge, you can set an upgrade value and the units will do a lot mroe damage if you set a high number (it doesn't show the upgrade amount; but you'll notice with the damage amount). This can make Psionic Storm Ãœber rigged in a UMS game.

If you have a Warith or a Ghost being cloaked by an Arbiter, then you can't cloak or uncloak them. If it's cloaked, then it will gain energy or the energy will not change (I forget which). I assume this is because of how the StarCarft engine is designed, and allowing those options while being cloaked would cause StarCraft to screw up the cloaking flags and possibly crash.

Duke had sex with Kerrigan.... No, really, :p.

If you open up some maps from the campaign in StarEdit; you'll get some errors about doodads. This is ebcause some of the stuff in Blizzards maps they cheated with and used the tiles instead of the doodads; or something like that.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
blizzard alwasy leaves old things in their data

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Dark Templars remind me of the Grim Reaper, based on how they swing and the damage they do, along with the sound. a few people I've played against called them that, and it was pretty funny. :p

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I didn't read all the stuff so far, so some of the stuff I say might have already been said.

Science vessels, like every other terran unit, have a ranking which you can see when they are stasised or lockdowned, or any other thing which removes the "detector" from their profile. What it is... I can't remember, maybe corporeal or sergeant.

Nuke depends on the size of the building and where it hits.

If one of your buildings blows up, the minerals used to que unfinished units will be given back to you; cancelling units is, unless you need the minerals NOW, unnecesary!

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Science vessels, like every other terran unit, have a ranking which you can see when they are stasised or lockdowned, or any other thing which removes the "detector" from their profile. What it is... I can't remember, maybe corporeal or sergeant.
The Science Vessel ranking is "Major."