Post Random Facts about Starcraft :O

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
The Goliath hero, Allen Schezar, is named after a 'Guymelef' (mech) pilot from the anime Escleflowne

The hero for Terran's firebat is named "Gui Montag". This is a reference to Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, in which the main character, who is a fireman, is called "Guy Montag."

L

Laharl

Artanis makes a reference to Warcraft ("This is not warcraft in space") and is used to poke fun at the fact that Broodwar isn't 3d. >_<

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]Infested Kerrigan is zerg. Ok seriously: The queen has the spell with the longest range (According to quizbot). But in actuality, Recall has the longest range.[/glow]

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
The defiler in completely over-looked in melee.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a guy inside the Missle Turret.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
a marine costs 98 minerals or was it 23 ;\

L

Laharl

It's possible to stack hydras using a specific glitch - which turns them into sprites. This is funny hydra vs goon (Goons get raped) but splash kills them in return :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Artanis makes a reference to Warcraft ("This is not warcraft in space") and is used to poke fun at the fact that Broodwar isn't 3d. >_<
That makes no sense, since he is talking about WarCraft 2, which wasn't in 3D either...

Random fact, eh?

The observer speaks the sentences of Diablo 1 when clicked often.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hhaha, yep it does...uses The Mushroom Quest from Griswold and the basic talk function of Adria. :D

The Valkryie has a rather annoying bug where it wont fire it's missiles when there are too many units firing near it or on the map period. :(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Hhaha, yep it does...uses The Mushroom Quest from Griswold and the basic talk function of Adria. :D

The Valkryie has a rather annoying bug where it wont fire it's missiles when there are too many units firing near it or on the map period. :(
so does any other ranged unit.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
A Scorge is a nickname for a pimple in Australia.

If you see the scourge hits and explodes a green pus.

See the relation ship to a pimple? Kinda Cool.

Also Kerrigan has the word REGAN in it, which is why everybody loves her so much.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
it costs 50 mineralto make scv.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
The Observer speaks random quotes from WarCraft 2.

The Dragoon has a cooldown of 30, and the Fenix Dragoon a cooldown of 22. Therefore, if you give them both the asme sttistics, the Fenix will fire faster and they won't be balanced. This is the same for most heroes.

Yggdrassil is a reference to some mythical tree thing I forgot about.

There are still two methods I'm aware of to float Drones.

The Mercenary Gunship and the Cargo Ship are the remains of the original Battlecruiser and the Valkyries before it was taken out of original and saved for Brood War.

Three of the pictures on the back of the original Starcarft box are inaccuarate in that they show beta images. You'll notice the Valkyrie with an energybar (for the Afterburn ability), a terran vs Protoss battle where the Arbiters haven't cloaked anything, I forget what the other thing was.

StarCraft only needs the .exe of an older version to run it. Saving just the patch will do nothing as the Starcarft .exe gets patched along with the patch_rt.mpq file.

Therre is an unused Ghost death sound in the StarDat files which lasts for three seconds and is a very long agonizing scream.

Brood War was rated Mature in South Korea.

Zerg Cacoons still have Zerg Carapace (ground armor) instead of air armor, despite patches that should have fixed it.

Every main Blizzard AI Script gives the computer large amounts of extra resources, this was one of the things they did to make it a harder opponent, like the way the computer knows where everything else. Otherwise it would be like playing a four year old.

When the pteglow sprite is shown (The High Templar blue fade), it flashed on top of the High Templar for a split second as certain angles. It's easier to notice this in Slowest speed.

Mind Control was going to be in Starcarft, but it was saved for brood War ebcause there were many glitches in using it, and it seemed overpowered at the time.

The Dark Templar hero units in original StarCraft take 1 supply.

Lockdown, Longbolt Missile, and the Goliath air attack all use the same sprite. I don't know about Gemini Missiles.

There is a promotional image of a Lurker render in BrooDat.

Stacked Psionic Storms don't do extra damage, making two Psionic Storms stacked perfectly just wastes energy, this was to help balance it against Zerg.

Overlords used to be able to attack. They also left two Avengers (Scourge) when they died. The Scourge also did 120 damage, but it was reduced to balance it against Wraiths and Mutalisks.

Marines used to be able to commit suicide.

If you tell a Dropship to pick up a unit then Stasis or Lockdown it, then the Dropship will sit on top of it and wait until the spell wears off.

If a Lurker Egg is Irradiated or a Hydralisk is Irradiated and morphs into a Lurkler Egg, then it will neither take damage, nor heal.

In the StarCarft cinematic you see upon installing the game, the small floating things that leave the main ship are the original SCVs.

I wonder if anyone is actually reading all of this stuff I've remembered from over the years.

Tell a Ghost to nuke at the very top of the map. You will never see the explosion. A nuke will appear and blow up in it's tiny explosion, then units and buildings will blow up or take extensive damage without the giant explosion graphic.

Scouts used to leave mines called Shock Bombs in the air. I don't know why they were removed, but I saw them in a beta screenshot, and their graphics files are still in StarDat.

If you look closely at the Loading screen for Brood War on the bottom left, there is a blacking smudge. That is a horrible attempt to remove the word "BETA" from it, which is what was originally on the image. I guess they were a bit rushed.

The Zerg used to be called the Zurg, but the people who made Toy Story got pissed off because it resembled the name of their Buzz Light Year enemy guy.

The Science Vessel is comprised of three sprites. The main body, the turret on the top of it, and the glowing you see when it casts a spell.

If you give the Ultralisk the playing upgrade that gives it +2 armor then give it 255 upgrades, it cycles back from 255 to 0 to 1.

Dropships and Shuttles used to land to pick up and drop troops.

The ending credits for StarCraft give credit to people like "Jackie Chan," and "Ray the Soda Guy."

The ending quote of the game says that no pixels were harmed during the making of the game, but it says nothing about during gameplay.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Yggdrassil is a reference to some mythical tree thing I forgot about.
the norse myth, Yggdrassil is the tree that holds the world i think

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]I read every one of them. Infact, I went to download and install that sound extractor just to hear the ghost death. Good job :)[/glow]

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i still see ppl spam pstorm :( when they dotn stack

L

Laharl

Scvs have a whole 20 hp more than any of the other miners, but the guide says that drones are better in combat.

shinosan2121

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Uhmm, i have no hidden secrets from starcraft zorry, but i have beaten the game like 21 times, never sat through the credits tho, i ctrl+alt+deleted out of it, or alt+F4 out of it, but thanx for all the secrets, il look for these, i couldnt do the sound extractor tho... well cya

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
N_LeGenD) said:
so does any other ranged unit.
Not as bad though. It takes ALOT to get most ranged units to stop. Valkryies are bugged when only medium fire is present. This is why they suck at Air Evolves. :p

@Lord of Nukes: Thats an awesome reply! =D

But I think Goliaths change their sprite once they research Charon Boosters Upgrade, because the smoke from the missles is blue instead of a grayish color. ^^;