Possible 4th race in expansion

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
videogaming247 Blog Archive Pearce: Fourth StarCraft II race may be added by expansion
Blizzard co-founder Frank Pearce reckons you might be getting a fourth StarCraft II race “in the event†of an expansion to the RTS sequel.
“We don’t have the resources or time to add a fourth race to the launch of StarCraft II, but I’m sure in the event that we decide to do an expansion set it’s a feature that’ll come up for discussion,†the company boss told VG247.
StarCraft II will feature the three races from the first game - the Terrans, the Zerg and the Protoss - but a fourth had been considered early on in development.
“We talked about the possibility of a fourth race early on, but we felt like we had a finite amount of great ideas and wanted to make sure we focused all the cool, best ideas on the existing three races rather than diluting those ideas across four races,†Pearce added.
StarCraft II currently has no release date, but is looking likely for 2009.
does any one even want another race? i kinda dont want it

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
eh. I don't like how most modern RTS seem to sacrifice good gameplay for more races (see warhammer dawn of war with a hilarious 9 races.)

But if Blizzard does it, it might work (like War 3)

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering the game doesn't even have a release date its pretty stupid to start thinking about its expansion.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Considering the game doesn't even have a release date its pretty stupid to start thinking about its expansion.
Well blizzard always makes one expansion, and it is usualy populated by stuff cut during this exact period, so anything we see and like now that is cut might make it into the expansion anyways. Plus it is good to plan stuff, especially now, because a 4th race would take a long ass time to develop properly.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Yeah, call it the "hero" race. Fcking cant believe they arn't gonna have heroes in the custom maps still. That's just a huge step backwards.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
there are heros. make them with the map editor. just add spells if you want wc3 style heros

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
From what I've read/heard, theres no real 'hero' system implemented in the SC2 coding. No units that level up based on XP with inventory and stats like there is in WC3. Taking that out is a huge step back, regardless of whatever else you can do in the SC2 map editor. I don't care if they didn't want them in the melee games, or in the story, but to take it out completely is just downright stupid.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Heros can lvl and carry items. they said it is possible to make a dota for sc2

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i think blizzard will consider it for map makers. blizzard said everything in wc3 editor can be in starcraft like even your starcraft 2 interface can have inventories for items. i dont know exactly how they will do that. as for leveling heroes it is easy and they will implement it obviously in the sc2 editor.

so dota in sc2 is the next best thing for dota until diablo 2 dota and warcraft 4 dota.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
thank god. i'm done seeing custom game list filled with dota

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Except Diablo II doesn't have dota, and it doesn't even have a map editor. Even if you meant D3, that's still a stupid thing to say.
yes i meant diablo 3 thank you. why? wc3 dota can be mod in diablo3 including the heroes, everything will look 10x better.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
no 3 races is plenty. one reason i didnt like wc3 as much as i could have