POLL!What's the MOST POWERFUL unit in the whole starcraft broodwar and original game?

What is the most powerful unit in the whole starcraft broodwar and original game?

• Battle cruiser

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • Carrier

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Tank

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Guardian

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Dark Arkon

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Reaver

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Mutalisk

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 17.6%

• Total voters

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
amagine kepping a zerg at bay with just making about 30 scorges and killing all of the zergs ol right befor u attack which would totally screw the zerg

SecretZerg11

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Infested terrans and dark swarm. Works great. Just make sure u send 2 at a time. So they all don't explode (like a domino effect). Then finish off the leftovers with lings.
(Infested terran rule ground)

H

Hot Action Cop

There is no "best" unit. Some are more suited for certain things. Example: Goliaths are great anti=air.... and really crappy ground attack. It will take more than one type of unit to win a game.... but of the matter of wats my favorite? i would have to say the Probe/Scv/Drone They do the work that is CRUCIAL. no other unit is cruicial (besides overlord)

SmashBros.Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I just thought of something, the most powerful unit in the game is the Reaver because it can do 100 damage without upgrade and it does double of what anything else can do. But then again High Templars do like 110 damage or something with Storm so its kinda arguable.

a1231899

Reaction score
i never heard of mutas and dark swarm before, it's the dumbest thing i ever heard. maybe u're trying to say mutas and plague.

i think dark archons can take out BCs, 250 energy, mind control one, then feed back 2 more. so 2 archons can take out like 4-5 BCs, mind control 2, feed back the other 3 and that will really hurt.

there are no most powerful units in sc, every unit have a flaw. that's why noone use only one unit except newbs. one of BCs' strength is it's canon, but that is it's weakness vs DA.

even if it's one vs one, there is no most powerful unit. since DA can mind control, but it can't do anything vs DTs, it can run and wait for ghost to run out of energy though, depend on map. DTs are invisible but it can't attack air, i'm not sure if irradiate work on DTs or not, i think so though, since broodlings work on em. queen can also kill dts with the green stuff, then spawn broodlings.

Darude

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I voted BC, because quite simply it is the most powerful unit in SC/SCBW.

Reasons?

- large life
- powerful weapon
- yamato gun
- nice armor

Use them in force with tanks and it could be a winner. Take a vessel or two with you tho :D

oh, and by the way, for those who argue that BC is not the best unit because "you can have 3-4 valks in the time you have one bc", shut up, because the poll isnt on "how many of each unit can you have before 1 bc". Its about which unit is the most powerful.

1 on 1 the BC will own all.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
BC has always been the most powerful unit. The only thing that can kill it 1 on 1 would be a Ghost w/Lockdown, but that'd take a good ten years to kill it!

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Ghosts barely do one damage a hit to battlecruisers.... the ghost would lose because it wouldn't be able to get past the first 50 damage before it runs out of energy for lockdown. A full energy Dark Archon can take out a BC, can't it?

blockerx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
timeless_guardians.tripod.com
i cant realy decide what unit is the best. each has its own strengths and weaknesses. But anyone who makes strickly BC is probly a noob who cant amass an army of different units and coordinate them well enough to win. if i had to say who is the best unit i would have to say corsiar/reavor are the best units. put them together along with some obsevers of corse, and some other units like HT and DA. and you got a force to be reckoned with. use the corsairs distibution web to disable cannons/seiged tanks from shooting at your reavors and you will own them. but if i had to say the most important units is the drone/scv/probe

SutolDan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like Zerglings!!!

If only there wasn't a 200 space limit...

I would overrun with THousands of Zerglings, wouldn't that be fun?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
No shit, but that's not really attacking now is it?

And 200 food limit is too big, that's why i like the 90 food limit in WC3, more of a challenge with small stragetic assaults. Thats more real-gaming than 36carriers.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not even MC. Feedback.

AznXblazZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BC's r eventually the strongest untis in Sc, cuz they got strong armors and the air and ground attack is the same, the damage is pretty high too. but i think a combo of 2 units are one is Defiler plus Hydras, and the second one is Mutalisk or Guardian plus hydras. both are pretty good combo, the first one is best agast max bc or carriers, and the seond one is good for all