POLL!What's the MOST POWERFUL unit in the whole starcraft broodwar and original game?

What is the most powerful unit in the whole starcraft broodwar and original game?

• Battle cruiser

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • Carrier

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Tank

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Guardian

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Dark Arkon

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Reaver

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Mutalisk

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 17.6%

• Total voters

Sc MaRiNe

Member!
Reaction score
Antarctica: The coolest place on earth (literally)
Website
Visit site
ive got one word for you- upgrades
a fully upgraded goliath can do 30+ damage (with charon boosters) while a fully upgraded cruiser can only do about 28
btw, gols shoot faster
12BCs can win if they used yomato. One shot per gol=12 dead gols and <4 dead cruisers. Gols are value for money though (i sound like an advertisment for something) and they produce WAY faster than BCs

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
But if the enemy uses BCs + Tanks he would overpower u. Golls work best in mid game TvT and late game TvP.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Exactly. I had upgrades, im pretty sure he did too. But i wasted his tanks with mine and it was just Gols vses BCs and i kicked his ass

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Then u would need a lot more tanks than him...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well, you see. I asked him 2 attack me (we were both bored) he did. I was sieged at that time, they all died. lol

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
That would be crappy timing for an attack, sending all his tanks to attack ur front line is just asking to lose all his men...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
We are just friends from school. We just muck around in melee. Test attacks and stuff. Now he hates melee, and im stuck with public games!

S

SecretC

I think the ghost is the best as it can lockdown battleships and nuke their dorones or supplies.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You asked for power, and I have to say the BattleCruiser is the most powerful single unit in the game. There ane some units that can take on BC's, but (correct me if im wrong) they have the best hp/attack power in the game.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
High Templars!!!

Yes, they're not that high in the HP category, but they are crucial for any Protoss player to use in any MU. Consider what the poll is asking for a second, then read my argument...

What one unit is the most powerful? Well, what other unit can attack land and air, has the ability to wipe out scores of enemy units? True they won't kill everything in one hit, but High Templars can create hallucinations to deter enemy fire, slaughter almost anything (NOT JUST WEAKEN UNITS), and can morph into Archons given enough time.

Yes, spell casters are nasty like Ghosts/Defilers/Dark Archons/Science Vessels/blah blah blah. But Ghosts depends on TWO more units, nuclear silo, and a nuke. Hence it can mostly just lockdown sh!t and cloak. Defilers can really devastate any race when used properly, but they can't finish anything off... that would require another unit. Science Vessels cannot directly attack mechanical units, however are extremely powerful nonetheless. Irradiate can kill approx 225 hp units, however the versatility of the High Templar gains my vote.

SumacWizzy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
there is no MOST POWERFUL unit in the entire game....each unit has advantages and disadvantages..BC-good attack for air/ground, good hit points , SUX against wraiths espically massed and cloaked...defiler-no attack,low HP (dies with 2 seiged tank hits) but has some good spells....ghost-low HP,hard to obtain(takes awhile), good spell caster....tanks-no attack air/need i say more...goliaths-can be eatan alive with lings or zealots.....Dark Archons-suck because as soon as u MC u have 10 HP(one hit from most units...)

as u can see i think have made my point of no unit is the ultimate best at anything thats why anyone who masses a single unit is a n00b!!!! the best combo i have ever made up is a cloaked wraiths,seige mode tanks, and Sci vessels

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That best combo sucks and you know it. Is that with any MU?

And coRtALoS stated that the High Templar was the best unit in HIS opinion. Everyone knows everything has it's pros/cons.

DA's don't suck. If someone uses 6 or more Carriers/BCs and you have 3-4 DA's with MC (which most toss players have) you can MC 3 or 4 of them. Then send in your High Templars and Scouts...now thats a counter.

Zmoney

Reaction score
i chose the tank cause it in a mass of 10 - 20 will stop anything that gets in its path

Zmoney

Reaction score
archons are aslo veryvery powerful but what happenswhen u emp them? bad news!