3rd Set: Ruby>All
4th Set: Leafgreen>All
All Sets: Ruby>All

-D2Addict

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Bloodmatter said:
yeah, but low overall def, hes really ****ed when it comes to super effective moves. especially a nice psychic from an Alakazam.

If you could breed them (which i did a lot on crystal) id give it crunch.

i never posted a crystal version..

well, my main one was Starmie, with Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam, and Recover. It loses only to faster/high sp.def thunder types.
So does Venomoth, but he can use Psychic spells of his own. However they don't gain the 1.5x bonus from the spell. Considering he has Stun Spore and Toxic, he can be a lethal pokemon in any types.

By cheating using Gameshark, you can easily gain experience the proper way. I believe if you type 012878CF or something, you can fight Chansey. Chansey at lvl 3 gives you 109 exp O_O! Thats more than Mewtwo by about 20.

You can also use it to grab the 5 pokemon you want. Then catch them and raise them at lvl 3 and up. In the end, they will have monster stats then what they would have if you caught them when you got them.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Bloodmatter said:
Thats why a Crobat with Bite+Kings Rock (for increased flinching), Fly (avoid rest then attack moves) Toxic and Confuse Ray is one of my favorites :)
The unfortunate thing is that Crobat is JUST a little too slow against Mewtwo, so Mewtwo will screw it over with a single Psychic attack in turn 1. Which is why I use Ninetales, who won't die in turn 1.

But the thing is, a Crobat with Confuse Ray, Toxic, Double Team (6 of these done consecutively is a nightmare) with a good, solid Bite, Crunch or Double Edge or similar attack is horrific, even against the legendary birds.

The reason I wouldn't recommend Venomoth is because just about any Fire Pokémon fries it with Flamethrower, and a Drill Peck by Zapdos can kill it in turn 1.

That said, Mewtwo is undefeatable in Red/Blue/Yellow unless you Explode it (Mewtwo's Defence is rubbish), or are very lucky. :(*

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just recently got to be able to play my old stuff again, so i want to update my list a bit:

Well, i can seem to find yellow, silver, gold, or crystal at the moment..

Anyway, ive been play sapphire lately, and this is what i have been using:

Armaldo lv61
Metal Claw
Slash
Ancient Power
Earthquake

Metagross lv57
Iron Defense
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Psychic

Hariyama lv51
Vital Throw
Belly Drum
Brick Break
Earthquake

Mewtwo lv56
Earthquake
Psychic
Future Sight
Thunder

Salamence lv62
Dragon Claw
Fly
Fire Blast
Dragonbreath

Kyogre lv67
Double-Edge
Thunder
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump

Earthquake is a huge favorite of mine.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
thats why i keep a pokemon or two that know fissure/horn drill; gogo my rhydon w/ fissure and horn drill :D

this is my red version lineup:

newsflash, wow my red version has so many shitty pokemon; not going to bother posting it; i guess i traded them all to my silver XD

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Radioactive said:
I played Red/Blue/And Yellow. I stopped at Yellow. And Red was by far the best. Even though Leaf Green looked tempting.
exactly. i just didnt have enough $ but they looked goot :doped

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Bio.Hazard said:
thats why i keep a pokemon or two that know fissure/horn drill; gogo my rhydon w/ fissure and horn drill :D
Rhydon is slow, any water or ice attack could own him. He only has high attack and armor, along with somewhat good hit points.

Too bad we cannot fight each other on PC, that would be cool.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Revelade said:
Like many have said afore, Red is, always has been, and always will be the best of them all. I miss my Rare Candy/TM duping days and the joys of catching the elusive missingno.
Heh, remember game shark with lvl 255 pokemon, i had a lvl 1k golduck
and lol a 5k mewtwo hehehe, when i dueled it actually let me, man i pwned, the good ol'e days

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I love using Gameshark to grab the pokemon. I just catch them at level 3, buy 100 master balls, and capture them. Then I can level them up from infants to the powerhouses they should be. Although cheating, it helps later on when your pokemon will have higher stats in the wild. However, some like Venomoth and Exeggcute will not learn skills for a long time.

To level them up, I either A) play the game normally or B) activate the fight this pokemon all the time and use Chansey.

At level 3, Chansey gives 109 experience
At level 20, 1000 exp O_O!

Chansey isn't hard early on, it may have high hp but a crap defense. Just watch out for that double slap if you do it.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Here's my favorites in order:
Emerald
Leafgreen
Firered(lol duh)
Yellow
Blue
Red
Silver
Crystal
Gold
Sapphire
Ruby(Thhese graphics sucked)

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Bio.Hazard said:
when you duel him he fights as if he is a magicarp, he uses skills such as splash, tackle, and water gun; he is a useless pokemon, also with the chance of him messing up your game if you catch him..
i cought him, killed him, duped with him. and use soem glitch to get my guys lvl 147.
im playing saphire rom right now (because ot has more Gamershark codes than emerald :D)

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I love using Gameshark to grab the pokemon. I just catch them at level 3, buy 100 master balls, and capture them. Then I can level them up from infants to the powerhouses they should be. Although cheating, it helps later on when your pokemon will have higher stats in the wild. However, some like Venomoth and Exeggcute will not learn skills for a long time.

To level them up, I either A) play the game normally or B) activate the fight this pokemon all the time and use Chansey.

At level 3, Chansey gives 109 experience
At level 20, 1000 exp O_O!

Chansey isn't hard early on, it may have high hp but a crap defense. Just watch out for that double slap if you do it.
I actually think it's easier to equip an Exp. Share item to the weakling and defeat the Elite Four.....*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That would only give the pokemon about 200-300 each. Chansey is more effective at higher levels. As I said, if you use the code and get Chansies at Digglet's Cave (approx lvl 15-22 with 29-31 dugtrios). Then you can get ~1000 experience. But your pokemon must be able to withstand Doubleslap and cause major damage. Fighting ones have an easier time. Examples include

Mankey (Yellow) - Low Kick
Machop - Low Kick, Submission
Nidorina (Yellow, R/B she learns at lvl 50) - Double Kick

Ghosts you may want to once again cheat and learn them a spell like Confusion to thier 4th slot. Since Normal won't work on Ghosts and vice versa.

For fair and square purposes, I agree with you. Exp plus really helps.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
That would only give the pokemon about 200-300 each. Chansey is more effective at higher levels. As I said, if you use the code and get Chansies at Digglet's Cave (approx lvl 15-22 with 29-31 dugtrios). Then you can get ~1000 experience. But your pokemon must be able to withstand Doubleslap and cause major damage. Fighting ones have an easier time. Examples include

Mankey (Yellow) - Low Kick
Machop - Low Kick, Submission
Nidorina (Yellow, R/B she learns at lvl 50) - Double Kick

Ghosts you may want to once again cheat and learn them a spell like Confusion to thier 4th slot. Since Normal won't work on Ghosts and vice versa.

For fair and square purposes, I agree with you. Exp plus really helps.
You can actually also teach any water Pokémon Surf and go into Victory Road Cave, and if they are of a decent level (about 30), be able to take out any and all of the Rock/Ground Pokémon in one turn. :)

I can't remember the exact level, but I think I took my Level 5 Cyndaquil to a Level 20+ Quilava in one outing to the Elite Four with Exp. Share.*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Hell, I like now that Bite is Dark. I use Ekans early on until I can get a real poisonous pokemon. Once he got Bite, no Rock or Ground stood a chance.

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like Gold/Red, Silver sucked ass so did Crystal, Yellow was pretty cool though. Pikachu following you around was funny.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
But keeping him happy was a pain in the ass. At least some pokemon you were able to collect early and level up well. Like Mankey or Sandshrew...

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
TrOiK said:
I like Gold/Red, Silver sucked ass so did Crystal, Yellow was pretty cool though. Pikachu following you around was funny.

but crystal was teh only one iwth Animated Pokemon

OMFG animated pokemon, they move before i kill them!!!

crystals pwnz

crystal innovations
-choose a female
-animateions

gold/silver innovations
-none

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Induhvidual_1 said:
but crystal was teh only one iwth Animated Pokemon

OMFG animated pokemon, they move before i kill them!!!

crystals pwnz

crystal innovations
-choose a female
-animateions

gold/silver innovations
-none
Crystal's only good part was the Battle Tower. And it's a nasty place, but the only place where a real challenge occurs.*