Please help a new Orc...........

Corncobb

Reaction score
Help! Help! Help!

Im playing WC 3 (not the expansion). I'm sllloooowlllllllllly learning hot keys etc. and experimenting with build plans. I never seem to get it right though. I'm constantly listening to "BUILD MORE BURROWS"......."NEED MORE LUMBER".

Where can I find a good build plan that will help me get to level 3 casters and bezerk grunts quickly????

Fankoo

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
Although i never realy play as orcs i know that the voices are anoying, but those just say thats what you need to do what your wanted to do, such as if you want to train a grunt and you have 20 food max and 18 food. So you need 3 food for a grunt. or if you are trying to build somthing that costs wood and you dont have that much then on your next game plan ahead of time to make about 3 peons on wood then add a few more later on. one time i played as orc i build

-altar(when done train any of the four heros)
-burrow
-(3 peons on gold, and 1 on wood and 1 building war mill)
-make 4 more peons (2 more on wood, 2 more on gold)
-another burrow
-barracks
-train a few grunts
-1 more peon on wood
-another burrow
-be ready to attack when you have pumped out 3-4 grunts(or 5-6 head hunters)
-idk realy when to tech for wep and armor upgrades but do whenever you have gold and lumber
-tech to lv 2 base very good time for attack upgrades, and clearing a mine to use.
-if you want to make grunts and berserkers fast make 2 barracks.
-make another burrow
-if you want to tech for casters its wise to make 2-3 spirit lodges (u know to make the casters and reaserching for them at the same time)
-then get to lv 3 base very fast for more caster techs
-and get a few beastistarys for one of the units there(wyvern, batrider, kodo beast, and raider)
-and if you get tauren you should get a few spirit walkers, but dont get high upkeep to quick so you can reaserch his upgrades.
all done i waste my time so much, the only reason im typing this is cuz im bored and cant play warcraft on my moms computer cuz its tooooo slow. So i must talk about it to keep my mind remembering stuff about warcraft

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
I put 7 peons to trees usually. If I get FE, then a few more. Make sure that your food limit is never full so you won't face that situation when you are gonna make units but don't have food.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
about what i said

Corncobb

Reaction score
Cheers chaps. With that advice I just one my first game on Battlenet.....and had a close battle with a lvl 15 orc. Quite pleased with myself.

Defo a good move making two shaman lodges, I do that with a barracks and it goes quite well. Can't see the point in wyverns and raiders. But I guess I'll come round to those as well hey?

Cheers again

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
your welcome?

from my advice? or that other guys advice?

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
and the point in wyverns is if you have alot of them they can do alot of damage when upgaded, but i guess thats just for destroying enemy expantions (hit and run) also raiders are for anti air and also destroying enemy buyings for gold, even tho ive never used them with pillage.

Harris.On.Rento

Member!
Reaction score
haha:) nuke enemy's hero and then send raiders to hit'n'run to destroy his altar. Pillage is actually good. I never believed would have believed. Especially if u mass peons :)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
4 peon to gold
1 peon to build alter of storm
que more poen
the next one build a burrow
next one to wood
once the alter finish go scout
burrow finish barrack
next one get war-mill

This is a general one to get you started. After 190 wood, you tech your main, but this is Frozen Throne.

http://www.gotfrag.com/war/story/29198/
Although this one is in fact a pain in the ass load of reading, the strategy itself is used by Grubby, one of the best orc players.

Also, if you play Free for All: DONT GO INTO UPKEEP TOO FAST! All that money is required for a long game, and you will have to have 100 food and 3 heroes to work with to win the game.

Also I haven't gotten off my ass to write a strategy for orcs by me yet :(.

Harris said:
haha nuke enemy's hero and then send raiders to hit'n'run to destroy his altar. Pillage is actually good. I never believed would have believed. Especially if u mass peons
This is assuming that your opponent is an idiot or you manage to get your opponent into an act of disarray. Raiders are good in these combat situations, or as netters when you dont want to research troll style upgrades or use wyverns. However, Pillage is a must if you are planning on using Grunts/Raiders late game (in FFA, it would be Raiders, Grunts should be sacrificed by your hands or creep hands so they can become tauren).

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
if you can get a goblin shredder itll cut down needed peons for lumber by about 2. but its always nice to have a decent peon count for burrows.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Harris.On.Rento said:
-.- I've seen gosu replays where orc player used raiders to destroy altar and run.
hence the term raiders?

Corncobb

Reaction score
Cheers for more advice chaps.

Getting better slowly. I dont get wiped out in the first 5 minutes anymore :)

Raiders are defo good. Am learning to hit and run rather than just stand and watch my bods die. Also finding out the benefit of ensnare. Maybe one day I'll win another game.........

Cheers for the link hellwolf (vrey useful).

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
lol you have only posted 3 times

ChrisH36

Reaction score
thebastardsword said:
if you can get a goblin shredder itll cut down needed peons for lumber by about 2. but its always nice to have a decent peon count for burrows.
But also remember that some maps aren't equipped with a Laboratory. Plus, in small wood maps, they will kill forests quickly because of the high damage they do to trees.

Hanzou

Reaction score
All you need to win with Orc is to harrass your opponent.

Use a BM or FS to scout, kill wisps, peons, peasants, or Acolytes

Make as many grunts as possible and rush their base (I usually build 2 barracks)

Make an item shop so that you can cheaply heal your grunts

When you get enough gold and resources go to teir 2

After the second rush, your opponent will be on edge, realizing that you're simply out to kill him and not interested in engaging in a tech/expansion war. He's exactly right.

Once you reach tier 2, train a second hero and start making catapults in your barracks, and upgrade your grunts accordingly. Pillage is great to have as well. Farseer is good because he's ranged, and the wolves are a few extra units they need to worry about.

If you want to be flexible, train some HHs in case your opponent is dumb enough to go early air. 2-3 HHs can kill any air they can muster that early in the game. All you really need is the gruntapult against just about any opponent.

The battle should be over in less than 15 minutes.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
hence the term raiders?
Pfft.... some gosus can destroy more than just a Altar and run. If you are good and fast enough, you can probably destroy some barracks or even the main.