Pissed of :(

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with pan and sephiroth. The game may be good but it's definately not worth $180 a year. If it were $50 dollars less it would be worth it.

The thing is, there are a lot of RPGs like this game, and they're shit load cheaper as well.

Pan, maybe you should consider the fact that you have a differnt opinion on genres and different game types.

The thing that pisses me off about this game is how Blizzard probably knew that the warcraft franchise targetted teenagers between 10-25? (Mostly younger people play from what I see on battle.net) Why the hell would they release a game for older people instead if this is true?

And if you want an intelligent conversation, then talk to people in private chatrooms online or something. Intelligent conversation over a game of warcraft? r00fles. Personally I think the whole 12 year kids add more color to the internet. Although they do get annoying sometimes, yo ucan always squelch them if you dont want to hear them. Simple.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
AHappyChineseBoy said:
Yeah I agree with pan and sephiroth. The game may be good but it's definately not worth $180 a year. If it were $50 dollars less it would be worth it.

The thing is, there are a lot of RPGs like this game, and they're shit load cheaper as well.

Pan, maybe you should consider the fact that you have a differnt opinion on genres and different game types.

The thing that pisses me off about this game is how Blizzard probably knew that the warcraft franchise targetted teenagers between 10-25? (Mostly younger people play from what I see on battle.net) Why the hell would they release a game for older people instead if this is true?

And if you want an intelligent conversation, then talk to people in private chatrooms online or something. Intelligent conversation over a game of warcraft? r00fles. Personally I think the whole 12 year kids add more color to the internet. Although they do get annoying sometimes, yo ucan always squelch them if you dont want to hear them. Simple.
by intelligent i meant a break from hearing "omg imba! nerf ___"

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Edd_N said:
by intelligent i meant a break from hearing "omg imba! nerf ___"
ok there are ppl bitching about paladins being to good in WOW. omg imba!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Edd_N said:
which are the few twelve year olds that play it for the trial period and don't play it the next month pan ;)
First off, im not 12.

Secondly, the Trial period should dictate how the game should be. and It sucks

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
Just for the record EVERYONE can kill a paladin easily, you just have to have a certain strat. for each class.. obviously some of you noob players wont try some new ones on paladins. You'd be suprised.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Pan said:
it has been known since the creation of the game that it was pay 2 play. It is so true, the game is not worth p2p.
There was ALWAYS a catch to Mass Multiplayer games online. Its the only way Blizzard can make money when everyone buys Warcraft III.

-=@Driphter@=-

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.beef4kids.com
Hellwolf that isn't a "catch". It's just part of the game's price.Simialar to the "catch" of buying a cellphone and then paying a monthly fee so that you can talk to other people. And, although I'm not completely certain of this, it looks like WoW has already oversold Warcraft III.

Reaction score
how many ppl in one game and how do u play plz describe...i want more detail... i guess i kinda jumped to a decison to quickly but i still stand by what i say not worth p2p sooo how is it how many ppl in one game and how do u play...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
dP said:
lol...

Why don't you buy the game before asking us...

hmm lets see,

"I don't know anything about it, and am not sure If if want to get it, can you tell me what its about"
"Best way to find out is buy the game"

basicly, you provide nothing, but a horrible solution, cause unlike anygame, WOW is a ****ing investment you have to make, and you have to pay. you pay the money on a month you better play as much as possible, or you waste ur money completely.

scouchpaper

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gotta look at it this way tho,some people have money that they can waste,I know I do.Instead of me going out to eat to mcdonalds or wasting it on food,I just put it in WoW.Now paying money for a game might be wasting as well,but at least it provides me with hours of fun:p

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
crazycowkiller20 said:
man im so freagging pissed off!!!!! u have to pay a montly fee for world of warcraft now. God dangit i was almost about to get w.o.w thank god i didn't i think ppl should know about this and know how much of a crook the blizzard entertainment is, 15 bucks a month and if buying the game isnt expensive enough gaaaa sooooo who ever reads this tell there friends....(grumbling)even though it is a terrific game i still say its not worth the 15 bucks a month now maybe a buck a month hell everone would be jumping over the game... gaaaaa...
:angry well thats all i gotta say plz comment...fight the power
A ****ing month dude like 720 hours to rack up 15 bucks and put it on a credit card bank

Jonro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I must say though with all the money from monthly fees and game sales blizz is makeing, some of the high pop servers are pritty crappy right now.

Like today when i loged into Blackrock i had to sit in a 1000+ queue and even with the 16 hour maintinance/server upgrade they did im sad to say the blacrock server is even worse than before.

Imo im not getting the service im paying for.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Stop playing. I play in a medium populated server and not only have i never had to wait in queue, but I only lag in towns/cities with my 56k connection and lowest possible requirements.

Only stupid people try to cram into the high populated servers (Skull Crusher) where theres just more annoying idiots then the lower populated ones. The game play also does not alter due to population size.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TrOiK said:
A ****ing month dude like 720 hours to rack up 15 bucks and put it on a credit card bank
WOW play time, to hours of the day:

lets see, everyone sleeps, so ill assume an average is 9 hours. That is 450, minus at least 2 hours eating a day away from playing, assume you have family meals and varying on tme spent eating. Thats 225 hours of playing, assuming you can spend every waking moment playing, so ill knock off another hour a day for moving between the bathrrom, to and from sleep and moving to eating. 195 hours more or less depending on the person, but that is more likely average. plus someone who has school will be signifgantly less, thats assuming you have no life, job, girlfriend, friends or family and just spend your time playing.

person in school will most likely play like this. 22 days of a month will be in school, 2 off. School is roughly 8:45-2:45 (for me and we have a short school day compared to other schools.) using a system which a half hour is spent getting ready for school, and an hour to get to school. 2-3 hour time to get homework done. Then a good 8 hours of sleep MAYBE for school, ill lower it from 9. and ill give a half hour for eating. that leaves 5.5 hours of playing non stop a day with nothing else, no life, job, girlfriend, friends or family and just spend your time playing.

which leads to 166.5 hours a month to play WOW with many factors put in, and many others taken out considering life. That also leaves out time spent on a job, which should be your income for WOW in the first place. Put in a job hours, and you lose a good 30-60 hours off of that final estimate.

also, februrary you still play 15 dollers, and you have 2 less days, 48 hours less than other months. I would feel shafted if I were you.

Finaly, to conclude, wOW is a waste of money.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
i manage to pull at least an hour a day and about 4 or so hours on the weekends. oh and Jen, having more people on a server makes the auction house better because you can sell items for more because there are more people bidding. The only times i lag are in the ironforge auctionhouse/bank. i mean seriously who was the dumbass that put the two most frequented places next to each other?

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
come on now! i'm only 14 (almost 15) and can affourd the monthly fees and don't complain about them! Oh, and about intelligent conversations, you'd think differently if you were in my guild... we're all pretty much stoners...

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Lord Hishado said:
we're all pretty much stoners...
Congrats?

I have to work and not buy certain things as much as usual to part monthly fees. Still, it's really not that bad.