Pissed of :(

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
wouldn't it be cool if the mods banned pan from the WoW forums?!?!?!!!!!

hes so stupid OMG

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
no reason to BAN him, he hasnt done anything horribly wrong. the mods would be misusing their abilities if the banned him because a few members didnt like what he said. let him have his opinion, i just dont see the point in posting it and wasting his time.

shimshimheyxD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why is blizzard being stupid? They are gonna loose like half of their customers by doing this. For all the 11 - 15 year olds. Their parents are gonna be like wTf?... Im paying for a game every month?

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
yeah.. the idea of paying monthly for something she already hates me doing didnt go over too well.. sneak the game cards past them and you're good to go. I'm sure TRUE wow fans can pull this off.. I did!

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HellThrone said:
Also, Pan if you want to play a game for it's graphics, go play everquest 2. In that game you CANNOT level without having a group of atleast 5 unless you're going against guys 10-20 levels below you which gives you no exp. WoW's gameplay is great and if you don't like it so much, how come you post on the wow forums? you're just wasting your time, we all love it and you telling us your opinion on how its easy isn't going to change anything.
Same thing goes for FFXI. Sitting for 1-8 hours doing nothing with LFG up sure is a blast.

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
This is exactly why so many people are switching to wow. Somehow, the makers of wow also made it so almost any age group has fun playing it. (other than maybe 10 and down) That's a big plus for them which keeps their game popular.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TheNamelessYam said:
and to answer the thread's question, blizzard would be extremely in debt without the fees. maintaining such a crazy game requires a lot of money.
Blizzard makes huge amounts of cash off of just the selling of thier games, WoW not included. if the price was lower, it owuld be more understandable, but its more likely WoW sales alone could keep the game running for the next year or two

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
but that wouldnt be too smart for blizzard now would it.. think of it logically: blizzard releases wow without any kind of monthly fee, its fine for the first year or so, everyone loves the game. All the sudden blizzard says, okay now you guys have to pay $15 a month to keep playing our game. Dont you think that would make people stop playing? I sure as hell would be a bit pissed.. this way you're used to it from the start.

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
i think that the fee should be smaller, i agree with pan there, or have a deal like first 6 months are cheaper, or like, theres different plans, like so much money for 10 hours a week and less, another amount for 10-14 and another for 14+ or something...

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
That'd get too complicated.. I do think blizzard should have given you a little bit more money for buying in bulk (6 months instead of one) saving two bucks a month isnt too much.. they should make it like five..

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan said:
Blizzard makes huge amounts of cash off of just the selling of thier games, WoW not included. if the price was lower, it owuld be more understandable, but its more likely WoW sales alone could keep the game running for the next year or two
maybe you're not comprehending the cost of the game correctly, like many members from the official WoW forums often do. its likely blizzard will be paying off bills for making the game for quite some time, as well as keeping up with maintainence bills. no profit has been made on the game yet, and no profit will be made for a while. yeah blizzard had plenty of money to back themselves up, but thats unrelated.

Reaction score
There is no f***ing way u can convince me that every player of WoW has to pay $15 or €15 or whatever to maintain the servers. No way blizz needs that much money just for the servers and stuff.
But lemme get this straight, you are willing to pay the 50 or 60 bucks to buy the game with a whole month free (whoohoo -_-) and then after a month u will pay another 15 bucks, and another, and another etc. U r insane, its not gonna be worth it. Ok it may take more money and time to maintain an mmorpg server then a diablo 2 server or a warcraft server and there is also the development cost and the cost for the new stuff being added but 15 bucks is just to much. Oh sure WoW may be a cool game but im not willing to pay 15 euro's a month (i live in Holland), im a poor student with my other monthly expenses and sure i can survive with €15 less but i wont. Just like Ragnarok Online, EQ en about every other mmorpg, there will be "private" servers for freeand i think ill just play on those.

Pan said he played beta and it sucked, it was stupid and boring etc. But thats whats beta is for, u play, u report the stupid and boring stuff and if enough players do it, blizz will change it.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Computer(Dead) said:
Just like Ragnarok Online, EQ en about every other mmorpg, there will be "private" servers for freeand i think ill just play on those.
Do not count on there being private servers, unlike other companys. Blizzard WILL hunt them down, and shut them off within a matter of days. That is what they did for all the private Beta hosting servers. That is what happened to got-wow.net

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
It's just hilarious how you're all arguing about the monthly fee, when there's tons of people playing it right now, have jobs, don't mind paying, and enjoy it. If it's such a disgrace in the first place in your point of view, leave it alone, go play another game, and stop upsetting yourself over it. Go enjoy something YOU like.

HellThrone

Member!
Reaction score
yeah leave it alone, if you dont want to play, then dont. stop complaining to us we don't really care.

Reaction score
yeah pan thats a good idea really great :D i agree with u

but we want to play be we dont want to pay smart ass

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
too bad, you will have to pay to play. end of discussion.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Oh noes i sacrificed one playstation game per six months for the monthly fee!

Frankly the upside to the fee is that it keeps twelve year olds that are there just for shits and giggles like in war3 and sc. It feels good to have an intelligent conversation on a blizzard game.