Pinacle of The Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Mays stands, staring coldly at William. She draws her swords, they seem dull and lifeless in her hands. She notices that she can no longer hear the whispers of her lover in her ear. A slight shimmer flashes across her body. She spins the swords upon her fingers like a bored student twirling two pencils. She wills them to burst to life, rekindle the flames, but the swords remain cold and dead. She can feel the dormant energies of her Gem still in effect upon her, but as for the full strength and powers of The Guardian, they are gone. She spreads her wings and looks around through the endless light and darkness, almost doubting her ability to even live to the point of this battle somehow. She glances back towards William.*

May: Every moment hesitated is a lost moment of life, so lets begin.

*She give a silent prayer, for no reason in particular, save for her own sanity. When she looks back at William, she knows that one would likely not leave in very good shape. With a violent gust of wind generated by her wings, she throws Animus Caritas with all her strength, straight at William. She begins to prepare a spell of some sort with her free hand*

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
OoC: You're right BAM, he didn't tell me that. But that's your problem isn't it. ^_^ I told you to become stronger, not more dependant. These planes have even stripped Trias from May. The powers used to create these areas are far beyond the comprehension of mortal men. Gods may be able to understand what happened, but things like this haven't been done since the beginning of creation. This particular spell expended ever undead body and twice their number in captured souls that the Rhurikian's controlled. Either you guys die or the war is lost (Of course I think Tac has a plan for the King too, but I took all his minnions xD) Darz can bring the Dragon Gods if he likes because he set the specifications for the plane to be created by him. There's no worries though, the Dragon's Homeland could be considered the birthplace of all dragons, including the dragon gods. It might take Ryu a bit but he'll be able to use his powers by drawing on his own being and not that of the gods. In this place at least, I doubt it would work anywhere else in a billion years. Also, please DO NOT USE MY CHARACTERS IN THIS BLASTED BATTLE.

Edit: Oh, and BAM I was directly in front of you, not behind. This is not a battle for trickery.

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
OoC: *Sighs* Well, here you have it. 1 hour and 45 minutes went into the preparation of this spell. 1.68 Trillion approximate experience points. Three weeks of casting time, an affective capture area of 200 feet squared and 9, yes count em, 9 epic spell seeds. Finally, this spell was helped along with the 3.5 Players handbook and the Epic level handbook. Thank you. *Bows*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes... I didn't say Ryu was "more dependent" on Bahamut, Avian, and Tiamat, but, rather, that they had ensured that he couldn't go anywhere they can't. In effect, they are with him but are not. He can hear and feel them, but they cannot affect him by giving him powers he doesn't already have. I realize the battle isn't about trickery, but I missed the "imagery" putting your guy in front of mine.

I wasn't trying to "powerplay", but rather have a battle. Battles often have banter on both sides... Also...can you add something to this whole thing? It's kind of hard to continue without the antagonist continuing his part of the story if he is a PC.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Fallen walks over and helps up Abaden and Yemeth*

Fallen: We shall defeat this foe, we are the Bbrothers of Bbody and Soul. The three of us are joined together, we are as one.

Yemeth: Abaden and myself can never be as One again, the fates have written it upon us.

Fallen: Thats not what I mean and you know it. *Castus has wrapped his chains around Darz's blade. Slowly the chains around the blade begin to stretch and weaken.*

Abaden: Are you quite sure, there is something in your voice...

Fallen: We will get back to this later...

*The three surround Darz just as Castus's chains burst. Abaden Swings his blade back and forth while Yemeth spins his Mace upon his fingers and Fallen clicks his claws together. With a short flash, each double in size, as do their weapons.*

3 in unison: You cannot defeat the Brothers. Your little strategies and attempts to attack will fail.

Darz: But they've already begun to work their ways with you all. I can see your defeat, inches from my fingertips.

Castus: Eat this.

*From the side a chain flies right past Fallen's right ear and wraps itself around Darz's neck, a blade resting upon his neck, ready to puncture it and kill him with a single move from Castus.*

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Yeah, and I have this thing called a life. I don;t get home to around 3:30 and I go to sleep around 9:30 so you'll excuse me for not replying the minute you post. And yes, you were powerplaying. The moment you take an action for another player's character that is called powerplaying. So knock it off.

And as for the dragon gods... NO ALREADY. What part about those two are the only two beings that can possibly be on that plane do you not understand? The dragon gods are not, I repeat NOT with you in any way, shape, form, or methos.

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
*With a howling laughter William disappears into the darkness, literally disappears almost as if he had melted. But the Animus Caritas stops where he had been, almost as if it had been caught. William howls again and the blade whips around to roar back at May, dark energies flowing around it.*

I would hope you learn fast my dear, for in this place the rules are different! And if you don't mind the rules, your beauty could be seeing nothing but the blackness for THE REST OF ETERNITY!

*With a shudder, the blackness bursts forward. Two giant beams of darkness slash out on either side of the flying blade, splashing on and staining the white world as they bear down on May.*

*Giles reacts with frightening speed that is astonishing when considering his size. Giles has turned, brought up his sword, batted the fireball away with the blade, slung his weapon over his back, and fired two of his own fireballs from his hands. But they’re not normal spells, each ball is nearly twenty feet in diameter and a fiendish black and red color. They hiss and spit as the roll towards Ryu, growing in size exponentially for every split second they are in existance.*

Stop this now Ryu! Do not try to toy with me in this place. Prove to me that your are not just a tool of fate, a tool of the gods. Prove to me that you are a WARRIOR!

*Dark flames roar across his body, natural armor thickening, strength and reflexes growing, talons and spikes creating themselves out of his armored skin. His sword is the only thing that remains physically unchanged, but the blade seems to lose a bit of it old and worn look. It’s clear that the blade is not a normal weapon, rather something forged in a time long forgotten..*

FIGHT ME!!!

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*The blade flies at May and right before it reaches her, she raises her hand and it stops in midair. She reaches out and grabs it.*

May: My weapons do not attack their owner. They almost have a will of their own. Gazing through the immense light and dark that fills this place, I can only think of the boundaries between two elemental planes. If this place is anything at all like such a boundary, I may not be as far behind as I thought.

*She reaches down and touches the darkness created by the sword. With a crackle of dark energies mixing with the goodness of her touch, a small section of the darkness receeds.*

May: Ah,...Well, of course I couldn't do that too many more times...

*She strikes one sword upon the other and the Holy Avenger flares to life, but Animus Caritas remains cold and dead in her hands. She spreads her wings for a moment, then folds them back again. She places her swords in a sheath upon her back and produces the Foolsmiter. Despite the size of the sledge, she wields it easily. She concentrates on the Foolsmiter for a moment as it begins to crackle with pure white electricity.*

May: If you'll allow me, I'd like to try an experiment

*She strides forward and smashes it into the ground right at the boundary between light and dark.*

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
*A portion of the darkness recedes, but only a tad. Even as she watches it gorws back.*

Tut tut tut May, you don't know as much as you thought do you? And I think you forgot something, three of them actually.

*One giant dark arm slams into May, knocking her up and back. The other then slams into her again but from above, forcing her to the ground and cascading over her with dark energies. The energy pools around her and stains the white black.*

And then of course there's me...

*A volley of poisoned needles whip out of the darkness towards May's struggling figure.*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*May attempts to dodge the needles, but she is unable to evade them all. The thin bone fragments strike her body, some embedding themselves within her skin, others flying off. The ones she does manage to dodge strike the ground, each creating a small black "raindrop" upon the field of white. She looks up at William for a moment, and smiles. A flash of white light crosses over her face, much like that of sunlight reflecting off a pane of glass. She gets up with ease and moves to a portion of the field of white that is not yet tainted. She pulls out each sword in turn and thrusts them into the ground. She realizes that her golden armor is not exactly helping her to blend in with her side. She takes of the Golden Armor which was given to her by the Broken Empire, with her normal gown on, she seems to become one with the field of light, if not for her hair...*

May: This place is quite intriguing, I don't suppose you are going to reveal its secrets to me without fighting?

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu watches as the two fireballs approach him, knowing that at their rate of expansion, it might not be wise to dodge them normally. He attempt to portal around both, but quickly notes, while in transit, that his path has been deflected. He lands right in the center of one of the balls, and it explodes while he is inside. When Ryu emerges, smoke is coming off his body, though there are no visable burn marks. Ryu holds his DBoSf straight out in front of him, now gripping it with both hands. Ryu then releases his left hand and thrust the sword to his side, dispersing the remainder of the energies encapsulated around him.

Ryu: I was hoping to test that... *looking at his blade* I'll show you I am no slave! I grow, and my ancestors only aid me! *staring at Giles as if piercing his very soul* I am the Holy Avenger! I am the holder of the sacred knowledge! Cast upon me the holy strength! Beareth upon me the golden light!

As if part of an incantation, Ryu's golden armor, a gift of the knowledge taken at the Golden King's death, takes its shape upon Ryu's body. Ryu casts a Force Missle as a simple distraction, as a wave of new energies follows closely behind -- unbeknownst as it follows closely behind the bright flash of light of the Force Missle. It trails it closely, Chaos Missle.

meanwhile​

Darz laughs as he lurches forward in such a way as Castus thinks he should have his head seavered from his body. But the blade at the end of the chain only makes a metalic clang as it rubs against Darz's neck's scales. He lunges at Fallen, first, with a wicked grin on his face.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*As Darz lunges at Fallen he is met with the cruel sting if a flaming blade and the cold smack of a Adamantium Mace. Yemeth and Abaden are both moving with speeds that can exactly match Darz. Each of the Brothers of Soul and Blood stare at Darz as he rises off the ground.*

Three (in unison): We are One as Three.
Abaden: The Transcendant
Fallen: The Fallen
Yemeth: The Undying

Castus: I feel a deep, dark, and demonic energy flowing from them all. Are you sure it is wise to fight them Darz?

*Before he can answer the Three all lunge at him at once, the Two of Blood providing a distraction for the Undying. Even though they are only creating a distraction they still make their best efforts to attack him.*

~~meanwhile~~

*May slowly rises and stares into the darkness. She grips the two swords tightly, each burst into flames, each as pure white as the field of light that surrounds her.*

May: Even though I cannot feel the presence of my lover, he is always with me. As is Ryu, friend and ally. Each have left imprints upon my soul. This blade *hold up the Holy Avenger* is of my own soul. This blade *holds up Animus Caritas* is of my lover's soul. And this *She strikes one with the other, when the flash of light fades to the ambient level of light around it, only one blade does she hold, she then kneels upon the ground* is the mixture of the Two, brought forth by the Holy One.

*She holds the sword before her, tip to ground.*

ooc: like that, but she's wearing white, kneeling, and her hair is a bit different

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]With all three on him like ants on a picnic, Darz is fighting extremely well. Though the three are as behemoths, Darz shows that his small size (comparitevely, now) is perfect for his own movement. He weaves in and out, noting how the three warriors fight. Yemeth had attempted a blow beforehand, but Darz used that assault as his own. Yemeth barely managed to withdraw his attack before striking at Abaden.

Darz: I am impressed! My brother has chosen well!
Aphra: Beware! I fear he is only showcasing a small portion of his power! And I cannot aid you!

Darz lurches forward again. His aim, this time, is simply to get in the middle of the fray, the exact center. They are fast, alright! I, however, will use that against them! Darz smirks as he continues to hold his blade made up of the seven Darkhawk Wings. He, at times, swings them -- though he only suceeds in singing the three everyonce in a while. They have also managed to strike at him, though they know the Darkhawk Wings protect him from some of their blows. Aphra stands in her self-made prison, unable to do anything to help. Her prayers won't even penetrate. All she can do is hope her healing spells can affect her allies as she casts a Group Heal spell.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*While the Three are keeping Darz busy Castus has been preparing a spell, A Ray Of Glory Spell from his single domain, the domain of Glory. When his spell is prepared he summons forth his remaining spells energy to cast Azuth’s Exalted Triad to triple to strength of his spell instead of cast it thrice. He nods slowly to Aphra who gives a psionic message to the Three.*

Castus: For the Glory of the Family Nusradai, I smite thee!!!

*He unleashes a radinat beam of pure, nonelemental energy derived from the Glory of his Family Name. At the release of this spell Darz is frozen to the spot where he stands as the Three quickly step back. The great ray of Glory strikes Darz and sends him flying straight into Abaden's awaiting blade. Abaden swings the blade around and throws Darz to Yemeth, who in turn smacks him with his Mace straight towards Fallen's claws*

ooc: Ray of Glory dazes target for a few seconds, thus his not resisting to beaing a baseball

((what happened to Bam's post...Uh, Bam, when you post next, make it into two parts, and we'll put you here))

*Each of the Three stands back as Castus steps forward to engage Darz one on one, for now at least. Castus seems to know Darz movements before they happen, and when he does happen to make any hits, they sting horribly and cause more damage than normal. The Three have begun to summon forth spells of their own. Fallen, being extremely limited, summons a weak Castigate, Abaden summons forthn the spell known as Bear's Heart, immediately granting all allies in the area the ability to fight as great warriors as long as he can keep the spell up. Yemeth summons forth the strongest of them all, the Righteous Wrath of the Faithful. Castus gains a second boost to his fighting abilities ((actually third, cause he is specialized against evil)) while the Two of Blood gain the full effect. Castus is now moving with great speed, and the Three move in. They stay far enough away so that they dop not inpede any one else's efforts, but close enough to act as one unified force. The spells that have been cast by the Two of Soul are stable, but could easily be broken if their concentration was ruined.*

((Jans won't be coming around anymore, So in order to bring this to completion, all things will be done as normal.))

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Giles upper lip curls at the approaching Force Missile. He easily deflects it, only to be hit hard by the full force of the unseen Chaos Missile. Giles is thrown back, and he holds a new wound formed by the attack. He looks at Ryu as a slight smile crosses his face.

Giles: You are going to fight back!
Ryu: I am no tool. I may be a Plantinum Dracolyte[/color] (yeah, I changed his class)
[color=royal blue]Giles: We'll see.

Giles draws his own blade, forsaking poison darts, for the time being. The two charge each other, prepared for the unleashing of energies at their clashing. Giles isn't even able to stave the DBoSf, let alone drive it off. Giles is thrown back several feet by the force of the clash, and simply rushes again. After several minutes, it becomes quite apparent that Ryu has the advantage with the sword.

Meanwhile​

Darz watches the Two of Soul continue to concentrate on their stable, and brittle, spell. Darz wants to see how this develops for a bit, so he ignores them to fight Castus. Darz seems more random in attack now, and Castus finds it odd. Castus carefully weaves out of Darz's attacks while striking with his own. However, he doesn't see the runes Darz has activated.

Darz: Foolish Castus. I now banish all magic from this realm.

The runes activate and all but Aphra's and Darz's magic seem to wain in the area. Castus' eyes go wide as he realizes the spells will break in a few mere moments.[/color]

RUNIC DESCRIPTIONS

The runes, essentially, absorb all magical energies. This effect isn't limited to absorbing magics already in effect. It, however, won't affect barrier-type spells (Aphra is "trapped" still, effectively), so any inside a barrier can still cast spells. The runes' effects spread throughout the entirety of Darz's created realm.

One of their major drawbacks is that even the user can be affected. The runes have a side affect of "breaking" a spell-casters concentration whilst casting a spell. This works much the same way as if the spell-caster were being attacked.

Summoning-type magics are not affected onced successfully cast. Darz's Darkhawk Wings count as a summon spell. All other spell-types, however, will slowly "break" once cast, if they can be successfully. What this means is that each spell cast must suffer an "attack" penalty, and then it's effectiveness is decreased and length of existance is severly decreased.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Castus glares at Darz as the last bits of the spell fade away.*

"Plan B guys." *He sees they are reluctant* "I know you might not accept this, but You can't prevent it, so deal with it."

*Castus moves into a defensive position as each of the Three begin to glow. Castus slowly shrinks in size to the size of a normal man.*

"I give unto them the Glory of the Family Nusradai, and thus, I damn myself to Exile, so ending the Family Nusradai."

*Each of the Three slowly grow to the size Castus once was, weapons and all. Castus slowly drops to his knees as the battle takes its heavy toll upon him.*

"For ... Honor..."

*He slowly fades away, taken away not by any magical means, but stolen from this world by the Lord himself. The Three call upon the Glory of their new name, to bring forth an extraordinary ability known as Defensive Harmony. They act as one, but are as three, each attack with the force of three, each attack met by a block from two others. They are no longer Three thinking as one, but actually moving as one. They rush at Darz, becoming lost in one another. It cannot be seen where one ends and another begins.*

((it ain't magic...think about it. Honor and Pride, the mere name of the Family. Now the Three are officially part of the Family))

~~Meanwhile~~

*May swings the AIE before her, darkness fleeing before her.*

"THIS IS YOUR DEATH!"

*Now with Darkness fleeing before her, she rushes at William, AIE ready to strike.*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
((you'll be outside fightin gwioth the other team, but the main reason I wanted you to join is to take over the position as the Marlin Bros. that way we're not stretched too thin. The fight outside is just pretty straightforward, just bash your way through a bunch of undead until you get to Darz and the Three))

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Baka!! I had a nice, long post, and it got lost due to some server error :( :usad I'll try again...
BOT:

Darz: <If I had known it would take that to bring out their full power, I would have done it a long time ago!>

Darz charges at them, knowing that either staying still or moving would be a foolish endeavor. He strikes out with his blade made up of the Seven Wings of the Darkhawk. He strikes at Abaden, and isn't surprised to see Yemmeth take damage, as well. They, however, aren't phased by the heavy damage and punch Darz at the same time. Darz is thrown back, but he lands on his feet as he grinds to a halt. He then looks at the two before him, defiant. He finally unferls his wings to their full expanse. They encompass the entire area and, soon, fill it with complete and utter darkness. The only light that permiates the area is from Aphra, though it only shows her location.

Darz: I know you are used to fighting in the dark, but you do not know true darkness without light. FIGHT!!

[color=royal blue]Thrown back by the attack, Giles decides to change his approach. He jumps back and throws his arms back. He then flings them forward with extreme force and magical energies. Two fireballs are thrown forward. They seem unimportant at first, but they quickly expand to the entire diameter between the two. Ryu quickly becomes aware that he cannot dodge but to behind Giles, himself. Ryu also knows that this give Giles an advantage.

Ryu: <I'll see your strategy, and meet it.>

The fireballs soon explode where Ryu was, and Giles has met a sword, full force, behind him with his own. This time, Ryu doesn't have the same advantage as Giles had time to prepare the strike and force. Ryu then sees an acidic drip, and realizes that Giles has borrowed some of William's acidic and poisonous items.

Giles: Ha! We'll see how long you last.
Ryu: Oh?
Giles: The acid will eat your armor, and the poison will sap your strength.

Ryu simply looks at where the acid and poison are. He wills his armor to disperse, especially when he sees light move from where the acid is. When the acid and poison touch Ryu's skin, however, Giles is surprised. Ryu's full dragonic heritage shows as scales of blue, gold, silver, and white appear and evaporate the acid and poison.

Giles: What?!
Ryu: Do you think I would not prepare? I was ready for that.

Ryu then throws Giles back with so much force, that he is forced to his knees for a moment. Ryu then unferls his wings, at the same moment as Darz. Ryu encompasses the entire area in pure light, bringing balance through both his own and Darz's actions.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*The Three of Soul each use the superior sences of one from each of the three to find their way in the utter darkness. Yemeth's keen sence of smell and hearing is aided by Abaden's extremely well developed sight and Fallen seems to be a balance of the three. The three move in for an attack, moving as one, but using their Defensive Harmony to attack with one Brother and defend with the other two. Any attack that is blocked by the Three is returned with twice the strength from the remaining two. They are the pinacle of combat.*

~~~~~~~~

*May swings the AIE long before she reaches William and sends a blast of pure white light into his territory. The Blast spreads out-ward like a wave from her blade, sending William flying back from the pure force alone. He soon finds himself in a field of white, with May standing with her blade to his neck.*

"I may not be able to call upon my love directly, but he still leaves lasting effects upon me. The power of the soul's unending love cannot be overcome."

*She drives her blade into his neck as he spins to the side, the blade takes off the scales upon the neck as if they were paper. He rolls away and unleashes a barage of deadly needles that pierce May's sides, but then fall to the ground.*

"You cannot overcome my strength, it is impossible. Sounds slightly familiar...AAAAAAAHHH! "

*The blade glows brighter as she swings it around and drives it into the ground, sending out a shockwave of light which sends William flying back into the darkness from whence he came. May slowly advances on the darkness...*

Status
Not open for further replies.