Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Not sure how many Gamecube people were lucky enough to get a copy of this game. but where I lived it was sort of low on stock and not many people got a copy of it. Luckily a friend of mine did, and where I left off on my Dreamcast on the regular PSO, I made up for it on the Gamecube version.

The game is awesome. This has to be the only Gamecube game, let alone console game that had me hooked for over 3 weeks straight of playing. The game play, the music, the monsters, it was all very unique and fun for me to experience. Basically there are 3 class types, Hunter, Ranger, and Caster. But there's sub-characters for each one, like Human Male Warrior, or HuMar. They have special names but you can call them what you like. Threes 4 sub-characters for each class type, if I remember correctly.

When you start, you are assigned with a Section ID. There's tons, Skyly, Redrum, and many more. Based on which one you get, which is determined by the name you choose for your character, it basically plans out the items you can get. Each one finds specific elite items, or a certain type of item. For instance, Redrum finds Red Weapons (Elite weapons) very easily, while Skyly is a good ID to acquire legendary swords. It's neat. :)

Does anyone know where I can get music from this game? Aside from that, for those of you who played it, how did you like it? :)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Search for Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst on google. It's a new beta for the game. It's basically PSO Ep's 1 and 2 with more on it, for the computer. And it's on free open beta right now.

I personally played the game on DC and got a lvl 250 Robot Warrior, forgot what they were called. I personally hate the game too. It's a piece of crap with the speed and the way the game actually plays. Not to mention the game jumps from easy, to hard, to insane, without any time to level. The only chance you really get is within the first few areas of Rygol.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'll have to devise some sort of means for getting it, seeing as my internet can't download a file that big without messing up somewhere along the middle and making the whole download a waste of time. Thanks for letting me know about that though, Mike. ;)

I did boss runs to level up, I forgot my old level up plan but when I used to play it was a fast difficulty increase but I quickly adapted. You need to run through each level a few times to get enough levels to play effectively in the next area you advance to.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You were playing it online right? PSO was made primarily to be played online, and as such, offline mode is rather weak. I never had any problems with difficulty though, and as for speed, the framerate never dropped for me at all except with three other players and a high concentration of enemies.

This game is a fine example of how Sega dominates all other gaming companies. I've been with the Phantasy Star series since Genesis, and even though PSO didn't tie in too closely with it, it was still addictive and its faults were heavily made up for by the online gameplay.

Here are two tracks, the first from Ep I, the latter from Ep II. You have to copy and paste them directly into the address bar.

http://www.geocities.com/thekillersgame/Phantasy_Star_Online-Ending_Theme.mp3

http://www.geocities.com/thekillersgame/PSO_Ep2-IDOLA_the_Immortal_Feather.mpeg

If it says "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer," it just means someone else has downloaded them recently and you'll have to wait a little while. After an hour it should work fine.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Unfortunately, I was not able to get online at the time, due to no modem and the like. I did have much fun on single player and playing two players with my freinds, so the online experience I will be bestwoed upon in about half an hour when Blue Burst downloads should give me some insight on what online play is like.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Well, if you enjoyed single player that much, you'll fall in love with online mode. Although single player is good, online play surpasses it with leaps and bounds.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Thats what I've heard. I played it a few times at a friends house, online I mean. Although it was only on the Dreamcast and it was only for like a half and hour, it was still fun ineracting with other people in-game. :D

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
The game has potential, I just think it sucks because it's STILL too clunky.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know why i keep playing this. the gameplay is pretty shitty and the graphics sucks. but i'm still somehow addicted to this game. Online mode is where the fun really is. when i played PSO again in Blue Burst i couldn't stop playing :(

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Its fun when you are with 2 people or more. However, I don't like sharing items with my friend, considering I myself have a memory card :).

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
It's that addicting, ReiGn? :D

Maybe it can kill my activity level here, haha. :)
It's kinda boring at first but as you progress you'll find that it's kind of addicting and you really won't stop playing.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a modem, but I don't have a credit card, so I'm stuck playing this with my friends and myself. I'm wondering is the offline coop with 4 players ANY FUN? Is it enough "fun" to bother purchasing? I usually despise Sega games as they are shallow, repetitive and half-assed, but this might change my mind. Someone give me a suggestion...

Biske

Reaction score
Man, you peeps are nuts. PSO was BORING. Even online, there wasn't that many people playing. Too slow, repetetive level design, and well, un-inspired. Arlight, lets put it this way. For the first few weeks, it's Fun --> Awesome --> Neat --> Enjoyable --> Dead, in that order, it will progress until you realize after the first month is over, that you wasted $50. One good thing: first month of online playing is free curdious of Sega, but by that time, I dropped out, so I experianced it without having to pay a cent - good deal.

7/10 basically, and no, split screen on that game is not good, because you need to see where you are going, and at times, run for your life, and that gets really confusing when all you can see in your little box is your character.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
:frustrate Krikkit. Just because everybody else posting in this thread likes the game (including me I might add) doesn't mean you need to go blasting your mouth with outrageous insults. They like the game; you don't. That's the end of the story, matey. Get over yourself.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Darkmatter said:
What game did you have in mind then, Krikkit? Some sleezy MMO?
The same applies to you.