lol just as planned
Reaction score
Top: D3
Bot: D3 ran through Gears of Wars

U GUYS STILL WANT IT GLOOMY/NEXT GEN

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
God I love you Wing. Even if you don't make that stuff yourself, you find it and bring it to me. If BF went down right now, you'd easily be the one I miss the most, regardless of who I'm better friends with or whatever.
Yep :hxc

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
how dare they make it so cheery! You can tell from the concept art it's going to be all sunshine and rainbows, and I am so not down with that.

go check out the rest of the art, some of it is really badass, like one of the possible bosses, the queen spider bitch.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
how dare they make it so cheery! You can tell from the concept art it's going to be all sunshine and rainbows, and I am so not down with that.

go check out the rest of the art, some of it is really badass, like one of the possible bosses, the queen spider bitch.
I made a couple of the concept art into wallpapers and such, I like some of the environments that were drawn. I'm glad they made an official wallpaper out of the tristram art.

edit: Wing. If I had my darkness, gamma, and contrast turned all the way down there would still be too much bloom. I don't want to see ANYTHING. I want to being mother****ing IMMERSED.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Half the fun of The Den of Evil was wondering around with that stupid minimap obscuring your vision knowing you were going in the wrong direction with your Level 1 idiotic character. Blind.

Which is where gamma controls come in, I believe.*

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
Keith Lee - One of the things that we considered when we were working on the visuals for Diablo III is the fact that color is your friend. We feel that color actually helps to create a lot of highlights in the game so that there is contrast. A great analogy is like in Lord of the Rings. Not everything is dark. It allows you to see what a creepy dungeon can be like but if everything is dark it doesn't allow you to have a lot of contrast.

He continued: Diablo I and Diablo II are darker, and I think that the one of the main reasons why is the fact that in Diablo I, you're basically in a dungeon the whole time. And in contrast to Diablo III, you'll be exploring outdoors, you'll be in dungeons, you'll be experiencing so many different areas. We want to bring as much variety as we can when you're playing the game so that you're excited to check out new environments. We don't want everything to look the same and that's really what we're trying to aim for.
MTV Multiplayer ‘Diablo III’ Producer Justifies Controversial Art Direction: ‘Color Is Your Friend’

thats from an interview on some MTV multiplayer game review site so it could mean anyting, but from that, assuming he meant what he said, theyre trying to make the darker gothic areas more exagerated by contrasting them with bright colourful areas, as in theres still gonna be the cool dark gothic areas, but not all the time, so as not to get used to it and take it for granted.

until they do that though, i agree, the dungeons look ****..
still think witch doctor looks wicked. bit of a fan of voodoo and spiritual magics fiction..

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Half the fun of The Den of Evil was wondering around with that stupid minimap obscuring your vision knowing you were going in the wrong direction with your Level 1 idiotic character. Blind.

Which is where gamma controls come in, I believe.*
That's why its the first quest, it's to get the player used to having to have a bitch of a time finding anything.

I actually like the art direction, I don't think its too bright, colorful or cartoony. Watching the gameplay video, I don't think it was too bright at all, and it may have been that bright just to showcase the environments. Maybe it's my piece of **** computer, but I could barely see the demons when he broke the wall and crushed them. v:)v

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
theyre trying to make the darker gothic areas more exagerated by contrasting them with bright colourful areas, as in theres still gonna be the cool dark gothic areas, but not all the time, so as not to get used to it and take it for granted.
It doesnt have be colorful to make the dungeons seem darker. in d2 there was lots of color variety, it wasn't all dank 'n dark, and I still thought most the caves were pretty creapy. You had act 2 which had bright sands and those green beatle things, the snowy areas of mount arreat, and the inside of baal's place. Other places as well. What im trying to say is that you dont need rainbows inorder to make the caves seem more dark or evil... you need a good game.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
^ Pretty much.

No one is going to give a **** what it looks like while they're busy destroying hordes of demons.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
yeah for sure. this is just what theyre saying about it all, im not that bothered about how it looks, long as its fun to play.

anarchist923

Reaction score
i just read this for the first time and had to register just to say how retarded this petition is. if it is that big of a deal to you maybe you should just not buy the game and leave all of us that actually want to PLAY the game, and not take screen shots to hang in our parents basements. with new technology and graphic capabilities it would be completely ridiculous of blizzard not to take advantage of it. the graphics are great as it is, this is after all Diablo 3 and not Diablo 2 remade.

sorry to all those people who come to this forum for good well thought out discussion on diablo, i am a big fan of the game and as a first time visitor of this site i had to read the petition 9 times just to realize that this retard is truly that mad about the graphics.

enjoy yourselves and try to avoid people like the guy who made the petition, as for me....you probably wont hear from me again, just had to vent some frustration with the retarded idea of this thread.

Peace

DeusNocturne

Reaction score
Wow, this is really sad a petition to change the art...I mean clearly this art is horrible cause what does a gothy, demon filled world need with things like oh i dunno the sun, or actual plant life yeah way to go blizzard we dont need your artistic rendering of a more complete and plausible setting that is somewhat ::gasp:: realistic //sarcasm

Seriously, though the game looks really good and it will be a nice change of pace to actually be able to see the environments that these designers slaved away to create not to mention it wont strain the hell out of your eyes ::cough:: D2 ::cough:: and to everyone who says it looks like WoW would you people SHUT THE @#%# UP ALREADY as a former WoW player (used to be fun graphics were cartoony and ****ty) it DOES NOT and i mean DOES NOT look like WoW cause WoW looked like blizzard commissioned disney or dr seuss to do its graphics

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
the gears of war pic looks so much cooler than the d3 pic.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think people are caring way to much...let blizz do there thing....its not like they always release badass games right?